Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have the low energy too. Honestly, I've been grumpy too a bit. It may be all in my head.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

And I woke up with a headache what day are you on . I wish this diet was week . Even my doctor said the week before is most important and that's when you have to be extra strict

I have the low energy too. Honestly, I've been grumpy too a bit. It may be all in my head.

And I woke up with a headache what day are you on . I wish this diet was week . Even my doctor said the week before is most important and that's when you have to be extra strict

I know... I don't understand why it has to be two weeks when others only have a few days. I'm following the plan because I know my surgeon knows what he's doing, but geeze!

I start my liquid diet (3 shakes and then one meal - 4 oz protein/ veg/ and like a joke of a carb serving) on Weds 6/8. 6/15 my daughter graduates high school. I think that Friday 6/17 we will go out to dinner!!! and then 6/18 I am throwing her a party with about 40-50 people......chicken parm, sausage and peppers, apps, sangria, cake......UGH!!! And only one of my siblings knows I am going for surgery on June 22, 4 days after the party. So, I know I need to be strict, its gonna be a killer. Hopefully no one will notice I am not eating. I just need to stay busy.

I start my liquid diet (3 shakes and then one meal - 4 oz protein/ veg/ and like a joke of a carb serving) on Weds 6/8. 6/15 my daughter graduates high school. I think that Friday 6/17 we will go out to dinner!!! and then 6/18 I am throwing her a party with about 40-50 people......chicken parm, sausage and peppers, apps, sangria, cake......UGH!!! And only one of my siblings knows I am going for surgery on June 22, 4 days after the party. So, I know I need to be strict, its gonna be a killer. Hopefully no one will notice I am not eating. I just need to stay busy.

Me too, Mary! My son's graduation is on 6/10, and we actually have to drive to another state for it (we moved just before the school year ended! I am seriously considering rescheduling the surgery for a couple of weeks later. I don't want to sit through the graduation with the killer headache that I know I'm going to get after starting the pre-op diet on 6/8 for a 6/22 surgery. Not to mention, we are supposed to move into a new house on 6/30. I thought I'd timed this well with avoiding the holidays and all our birthdays...not so much :)

I'm curious as to why there are so many different "pre-op" diets. I know each doctor has their own set of "rules" and different diets. But just curious why some doctors have a patient on a two week liquid diet while another doctor might do only a week. Some say you can have this, while others say you can't have that.

I'm scheduled for the sleeve on 6/21. Starting on the 7th (two week time frame) I'm on what they called a ketotic diet. I can have 3 proteins/1 fat for Breakfast, 5oz proteins/1 fat for both lunch & dinner plus a snack containing a protein/fat. Then 24 hrs before surgery it's a complete liquid diet.

I haven't even started my pre op diet yet but in my head I'm already complaining on how hungry I'm going to be. Now, reading how many people are on just liquids for 2 weeks, I'm just gonna shut my mouth and be thankful for the diet my doctor gave me.

I'm curious as to why there are so many different "pre-op" diets. I know each doctor has their own set of "rules" and different diets. But just curious why some doctors have a patient on a two week liquid diet while another doctor might do only a week. Some say you can have this, while others say you can't have that.

I'm scheduled for the sleeve on 6/21. Starting on the 7th (two week time frame) I'm on what they called a ketotic diet. I can have 3 proteins/1 fat for Breakfast, 5oz proteins/1 fat for both lunch & dinner plus a snack containing a protein/fat. Then 24 hrs before surgery it's a complete liquid diet.

I haven't even started my pre op diet yet but in my head I'm already complaining on how hungry I'm going to be. Now, reading how many people are on just liquids for 2 weeks, I'm just gonna shut my mouth and be thankful for the diet my doctor gave me.

I was wondering the same thing I'm on day three and right now my head is pounding so bad and I know it's because my body wants actual food ! Not broth and Popsicle sticks it's so frustrating especially when your head is pounding like crazy .

And you're lucky I wish mine was like that . I should have asked my surgeon why is it some people only have to do like 1 or 2 days before . And the person who gave me the okay when to start didn't have me do the first day and was like it won't kill you . The week before is really most important where you have to be strict . So it's weird to me why it can't be at least one week

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but from what info I've seen, different doctors may choose different pre-op diets for different patients, depending on BMI, how big their liver is, and general health. I know some doctors don't even do a pre-op diet, and some choose what they find works best. Luckily, mine is only one week, with two Protein Shakes and one lean meal of 3 ounces meat, 1 cup veggies, and 1/2 cup fruit. I can also have broth/celery/and cucumbers if need be. And I can have a sugar free Jello and sugar free Popsicle. Good luck everyone. I'm on day 5, and it definitely gets easier. I've been keeping myself busy, and that helps.

I feel your pain. I'm on day 6 of 14 day Clear Liquids and Protein shakes only. Luckily, I haven't had the headaches, but have been miserably hungry. Today is the first day that I've felt semi-human.

Anyway, I forget who asked, but the reason for the Clear Liquids is because it helps to rapidly shrink the fat around your liver and make it safer during surgery when they have to move your liver out of the way during surgery.

I feel your pain. I'm on day 6 of 14 day clear liquids and Protein shakes only. Luckily, I haven't had the headaches, but have been miserably hungry. Today is the first day that I've felt semi-human.

Anyway, I forget who asked, but the reason for the clear liquids is because it helps to rapidly shrink the fat around your liver and make it safer during surgery when they have to move your liver out of the way during surgery.

It's getting better now but yesterday was the worst headaches I've had in a very long time .

I know it's working because it's day four and I've lost 6 pounds

I feel your pain. I'm on day 6 of 14 day clear liquids and Protein shakes only. Luckily, I haven't had the headaches, but have been miserably hungry. Today is the first day that I've felt semi-human.

Anyway, I forget who asked, but the reason for the clear liquids is because it helps to rapidly shrink the fat around your liver and make it safer during surgery when they have to move your liver out of the way during surgery.

It's getting better now but yesterday was the worst headaches I've had in a very long time .

What is everyone doing for the painful headaches? Tylenol or Motrin? Can you take meds at this point?

What is everyone doing for the painful headaches? Tylenol or Motrin? Can you take meds at this point?

Mine said if you have to take tylenol because it's not a blood thinner like the rest . But I would still ask your doctor .

I agree with @@hazelzay no aspirin or ibuprofen or naproxen, but Tylenol is ok according to my surgeon.

Day one of liquid diet I am starving I have eat a box of Popsicle lol this is going to be a hard 14 days I am feeling very emotional

Sent from my iPhone

My first three days were miserable, but I'm on day four and I'm doing so much better. You'll make it. I slept when I could, and I ate sugar free Jello. I feel like things got a lot easier today.