Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worst Experience so far?

I'm with you on the CPAP!

I haven't really been using my cpap and have generally felt good. My primary doc ordered an oxygen level overnight test to see if I can be done with it. I'm nearly 5 weeks out so we shall see!!!
I'm going back on it tonight because I was so tires this morning, but I think that's from working out yesterday.

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 198 GW 135

The multiple times a day BMs I had pre-surgery were not something I thought I was going to miss, but now that I am at the point where I have to take a stool softener, Miralax and eat a lot of Fiber One each day to stay regular is annoying, but I'll take the occasional need for an enema over being 400 pounds again.

Kinks I get kinks in my sleeve and have to have EGDs to fix them

Kinks I get kinks in my sleeve and have to have EGDs to fix them

What’s that?

Kinks are the same as a kink in a garden hose nothing goes through a kink can form in your gastric sleeve, causing nausea, vomiting, difficulty swallowing or food intolerance EGD - esophagogastroduodenoscopy

Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) is a test to examine the lining of the esophagus, stomach, and first part of the small intestine.

EGD is done in a hospital or medical center. The procedure uses an endoscope. This is a flexible tube with a light and camera at the end.

The procedure is done as follows:

You receive medicine into a vein to help you relax. You should feel no pain and not remember the procedure.

A local anesthetic may be sprayed into your mouth to prevent you from coughing or gagging when the scope is inserted. A mouth guard is used to protect your teeth and the scope. Dentures must be removed before the procedure begins.

You then lie on your left side.

The scope is inserted through the esophagus (food pipe) to the stomach and duodenum. Air is put through the scope to make it easier for the doctor to see.

The lining of the esophagus, stomach, and upper duodenum is examined. Biopsies can be taken through the scope. Biopsies are tissue samples that are looked at under the microscope.

Different treatments may be done, such as stretching or widening a narrowed area of the esophagus

Sent from my 5049Z using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry to hear that. I hope it gets resolved soon :(

It's a tie! The first night after surgery the nurse overseeing my care never gave me any pain meds (which should have been scheduled) or offered any pain meds when I said I was in pain, just told me "you can't expect to be pain free after having THAT surgery"... so I spent my first night in horrible pain, alone and upset and feeling judged and abandoned. Of course, that nurse didn't realize my mom is also an RN and thus I knew what she was doing wasn't appropriate and knew how to make a formal complaint through the proper channels. Musn't have been her first offense, either, because she doesn't work there anymore :)

Other worst experience... second day of my pre-op liquid diet I farted and... yeah, bad idea. I **** myself at costco. My mom had to go run and buy me a new pair of panties. I guess at least I was somewhere new panties could be bought at all!

I've never been constipated other than when I first.came home. So nothing I have experienced I would call worse as the positive outway the negatives

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app