Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone starting weight at 200 lbs? Help :)

@@doingitmyway

Sounds like this is your first stall. It is quite normal, and stalls happen, then weight-loss resumes again, then another stall etc .....

Our bodies have a mind of their own, and they do stuff in their own time.

My first stall lasted 2-3 weeks, and I was still losing inches though, even though my scales did not budge!

I actually refused to weigh myself for 2 weeks.

Providing you stick to your post op food plan, the weight-loss and stalls will keep happening.

My last stall was due to me indulging in the wrong foods, sugar laden frozen yoghurt.

Soonest I stopped eating this, my weight is peeling off again.

Further down the Forums are 2 great Sub-forums: "Don't sweat the stall stuff" and "Embrace the Stall".

InnerSurferGirl explains beautifully the nature of stalls and why they happen.

After being directed to these Sub-forums, and reading up on stalls, I felt at ease and stopped worrying about the stalls, unless self inflicted, of course :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had the sleeve 8/18/16. Today is four weeks and I am 30 lbs down. I'm 5'1" started at 228 now 198 goal 128. Kind of amazing. 8 inches off waist, 6 off hips 4 off chest. In jeans two sizes down in 30 days! I am stoked!!

Edited by AndeeG

I was sleeved 5/12 and your concern was my mental battle for two years before I decided to finally have surgery. Diabetes , fatty liver and high blood pressure at the age of 42 and 201 lbs on the day of surgery. My highest weight 213 lbs on a 5 ft 1 in body was my concern and plenty of aches and pains, feet knees back. But finally I jumped and the eight is coming off slowly but I feel great. I've only lost about 15 lbs total but my clothes are big and I feel like I've lost inches which is more important to me. I'm definitely not in a rush I'm watching everything I put in my mouth the first few days was horrible and I battled the head hunger especially while laying around the house but since I've been back to work it's definitely gotten better. I don't mind the slowness of loosing the weight I don't want to have the crazy sagging skin but whatever or however the weight comes off I'm happy , oh and the fact that I'm off my metformin and working on getting off my bp meds is the best for me. But I understand everything you are saying and even the nurse that discharged me after the surgery was asking me why I did something so drastic?? I'm happy and that's all that matters, I feel I am in control now !!

. I understand completely. When you are petite your weight can seem "low" to some but your BMI can actually be high. I am around 5'2" so I was 238 at surgery. Feels real good to be off medications.

Thought that I would just shove my two penny worth in as I haven't posted for a while. I had my surgery Oct 21 '15. 201lbs 5'3". I am now 137lbs so down 66lbs. I feel WONDERFUL! I walk my dogs about five miles every morning come rain or shine and instead of dawdling I'm now making sure that I keep up a fairly fast pace. I track on my Apple Watch, my Speedo Shine and my favourite, Map my Walk. My arthritic left knee is playing up a bit but I just shove on a support and try to forget it. My two year old replaced right hip is working as well as the original did before it fell to bits!! Last Friday, on my 60th birthday, I went and did a ballet class for the first time in 25 years. I LOVED it. Just dancing again was great. Lots of muscle memory still there from my professional days but for the following few days I wasn't going to be cracking any walnuts (or any other nuts for that matter) between my thighs! I felt like I'd lost a very large horse that I'd spent hours sitting on!!!!!! Ouch. Nonetheless, I shall be doing quite a few more classes as it is great for toning the bits up that walking isn't. I am so very pleased that I had the surgery.

I haven't had surgery yet but as long as the scale number goes down, I'm happy. Slow Isn't a bad think. Exercise and it will help the loose skin from bring as bad I've heard.

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

I'm so glad o found this thread!! I hit my highest right before I went on the preop diet of 210. Surprising part is I didn't have a breakdown like I did when I cracked 200 for the 1st time. Any who, I was sleeved 9/14 so I am fresh as a baby's bottom on the other side. I lost 7lbs in preop and weighed 202 on surgery day. It's just awesome to see everyone's stories and see people that have around the same body size 5'2 1/4 (the drs shrunk me :'( and how there path went weeks, months and years out. Allows me to take a little stressed from the idea of losing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App. I understand completely. When you are petite your weight can seem "low" to some but your BMI can actually be high. I am around 5'2" so I was 238 at surgery. Feels real good to be off medications.

Yes! I'm only 4'10" and weighing 198lbs gets me to a BMI of 41.4! I feel like a lightweight compared to some other people but I'm still a 1x shirt and size 16/18 pants. Shopping for jeans is a nightmare.

I still get the "but you're not THAT fat" talk a lot.

OMG! I am soooo happy I had the surgery. My highest weight was 220. I lost 15 lbs on the pre-op diet. I came home from the hospital at 208 with the gas and liquids that were pumped into me. I had surgery 9/6 and today 10/10/16 I weigh 189. I am so happy to be in the 180s! I am 5'2". I never had gas pain. I never had any pain after surgery. I started walking two days after surgery. I've lost 30 lbs in 6 woks including the pre-op and 23 inches. I am down from at 18-20 dress to a 14. Yesterday was the first time in years that I was able to shop in a regular size clothing store. I am so happy and proud. It has been so easy. I couldn't have done this by myself. I am not hungry very often and when I am I want to eat what I should. I never think about food like I used to. I feel like my life has already changed for the better. I am off high bp and cholesterol medicine. My mobility is better. I feel better physically and mentally. The weight has come off easier than I expected. Of course I exercise and eat exactly the way I should but I actually want to. I have not regretted having wls for one minute. I think you have to be mentally prepared before surgery for the work ahead. Good luck to you!!

This is the most motivating thread for me...everyone is starting where I am. I have surgery Nov 29. I am interested how you felt after surgery? Did your cravings stop or continue? How do you deal with head hunger? Just love the motivation!!!!

I have been chunky since I was a baby (thanks mom) and battling my weight forever. I got up to 223 and used diet pills and dropped to 140 my lowest weight. I maintained this with 800-1000 diet, weight lifting 45 min and walking an hour 6 days a week. I kept it off for 8 years while maintaining the exercise. But it slowly climbed up. Then I went through an ugly divorce, had extremely low thyroid and potassium levels. Next came a stressful job and now I am up to 228 my highest ever :( I was excited to start the WLS program and the Drs told me to maintain my weight for surgery since my BMI was lower. Not sure that was good. I am worried that it will harder for me at surgery time. I am really trying to be 'good'. I cut out soda, drinking out of a straw, slowed down eating but I need to work on my sweet tooth. its fine at home, we keep no sweets here. It is when I leave and start driving somewhere. I will nip it in the bud I am sure but its a challenge.