Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to group ... Have bypass on June 18th.

Welcome! I am having bypass on the 19th.
Thank you ... I'm anxious about it. Not very nervous just more excited to get my losing on. It's also the first time I will be leaving my girls overnight since they were born 2 1/2 years ago. How are you feeling about surgery? I went for pre op today, so I feel like its becoming real!
I am ready to start the next phase too, but I am a little nervous. It must be difficult to be away from your girls. I am guessing they are part of the reason you are doing this. So, it will be worth it. ????

July 19th for me. So ready

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

Wow quite a few of us with dates in July.... B) I am scheduled for July 28th. I am very excited. :D Has anyone gotten their pre op instructions yet?

Getting mine tomorrow. Praying for no bowel prep

I was approved just yesterday also!!!! =) I am in South Florida... Where are you located?

I was just approved yesterday. So I haven't gotten all the details yet. Where is everyone located at?

Sent from my LG-D415 using the BariatricPal App

Going to Celebration Hospital in central Florida

Hello July Sleevers, :rolleyes:

I had my chest xray and upper GI done..... drinking barium is worth 62 calories... lol!

So you know, Drink lots of Water after these tests are done. You will become constipated after having drunk only a few ounces of the barium Fluid, It sits in your stomach all day and feels like a heavy rock. You do lose your appetite but it takes a few days to be "regular" again.

EKG and preop are next while I'm on the liquid diet. Now this part really scares me. I'm not pleasant to be around when I'm "HANGRY" (hungry and angry)

My family is being very supportive and I appreciate that. I only hope I can keep my senses while I'm liquid dieting for 2 weeks.

P.S. I lost my surgery folder when I hid it from Mom, and I need to get a new one for all my surgery preop and postop information. *SIGH* :blush:

Hang tight. My husband tells me i need to go take a nap when i get that way.

surgery is tomorrow morning, feel ok today,l ast two days been so nervous been feeling nauseated and had tummy issues.

I'm approved and waiting to schedule preop and surgery!!!!! Yay!!! July is possible!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was approved today and they are going to call to schedule in the next couple of days. Woohooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

July 29th is my day! Process has been smooth sailing so far but a bit long because I had to do six months of a diet. Start my liver reduction diet Friday! Excited for everything to get here.

My surgery is scheduled for 2 days time (16th July here in Australia). Been on the pre-op diet for 4 weeks now and totally fed up with it but I have lost 5 kg which I am delighted with.

So just 2 more days to get through and I am there - a bit nervous now - not so much for the surgery itself but I always get terrible nausea and vomiting after an anaesthetic which I am not looking forward to. I am also terribly worried that I will go through it all and not lose any weight. I know that is not realistic if I stick to what the dietitian tells me. I guess I ahve failed somany times before it is hard to imagine that this time it might actually work.

Insurance finally approved me and I am scheduled for a band to bypass next Wednesday, July 20th! I am so glad to be a part of this July group!

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Insurance finally approved me and I am scheduled for a band to bypass next Wednesday, July 20th! I am so glad to be a part of this July group!

We are having surgery the same day, how are you feeling?

I kind of didn't follow the 2 week diet but still been drinking my Protein and they say my B lvl for liver is high will it still be possible to get surgery or no?

Sent from my XT1031 using the BariatricPal App

My surgeon isn't requiring me to do a pre-op diet either. I thought it was kind of weird since everyone i see has to do one.... the anxiety and nervousness is killing me though. July 28th can't come soon enough!

I'm going through a barix clinic and they are not requiring me to do any preop diet, other than the day before so my stomach is empty, not sure why that is. But I'm so anxious to get started!

Btw, my name is Brenda and I live in MI. We have the same big day awaiting us :)

So does the diet matter or no?

Sent from my XT1031 using the BariatricPal App