Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

28 grams of Protein in 4 oz!

Hello All,

As a sleeve patient 3 years post-op, I completely understand the difficulty of meeting your Protein goals when your stomach is so tight; especially within those first couple of months post-op, when swelling is causing further restriction. This is the very reason I wanted to share with you a Protein Drink that I discovered here recently.

I have been consuming and trying various protein supplementation for over 17 years. As a young college student, I was very active in weight lifting and I was very conscience about nutrition (yes, that was before kids, full time job, husband and obesity hit) and protein intake. Even once I gained the weight, my husband was still very active as a weight lifter, and I would often try the various Protein drinks and food products that he would buy. After I was sleeved, I gravitated toward Muscle Milk, and then Premier Protein for my protein supplementation (Premier had 11 Fluid oz ounces for 30 grams of protein, vs Muscle Milk's 14 oz of fluid for 25 grams of protein).

However, here recently I have taken my fitness level to a new height by increasing my muscle mass. This fall will complete two years that I have continuously engaged in weight lifting. To help meet my goals in that area, I do a lot of supplementation, including: pre-workout, BCAA's, post-workout, specific and timed dieting, and of course Protein Drinks. Well, lo-and-behold, as I am shopping at on one of my favorite supplement stores (Rocks Discount Supplements), I was introduced to a GREAT tasting protein drink: Isoflex by AllMax. The first flavor I tried was the chocolate with real chocolate chips. I mixed it with 4 oz of cold almond milk, and-let-me-tell-you it was as if angels descended from heaven and sang that beautiful "AHHHHHH" chorus. It was smooth, delicious and in only 4 little ounces!

Thus far, I have tried the one mentioned above, as well as orange dreamsicle and pineapple coconut. Dreamsicle is by far my favorite and eye rolling delicious, but the others are really, really, REALLY great as well.

This link gives you info on Isoflex and it will give you links to various entities that carry this product in their stores. I hope this helps for those of you struggling to meet your protein goals and I truly hope you enjoy the great flavors!

http://www.allmaxnutrition.com/products-type/isoflex/

sounds like a commercial........

@@Recycled, but you are correct...now that I have read it over, it definitely sounds like a commercial :lol: . I do a lot of public speaking events...I can't help it sometimes.

This may be helpful to some but I think I'll stick to my 1 ingredient Protein powder:

91pF9KO6eIL._SL1500_.jpg

@@NewSetOfCurves nice! i love this. do they have it in liquid form? i hate dealing with the foam and the gas of blending a powder.

@@determinedtolive, that is awesome! What is the product name?

You can find it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Protein-Powder-Concentrate-Unflavored-Gluten/dp/B0177EF6KU?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01

I like that it's unflavored so if I want to add different flavors via fruit/veggies I can. I'm also going to use it in the bone broth I already bought which has 10 grams of Protein as well as make homemade jello/gummy bears with it. We'll see how it turns out. :)

ETA: Holy crap that picture above came out huge!! LOL

Edited by determinedtolive

@@pr_pitbullgrl, unfortunately they do not have it in RTD form. However, this product does not really foam. In fact, when I mix it and let it stand in the fridge for about 5 minutes, there is no foam at all.

@@NewSetOfCurves ok cool. thank you. i might try it cuz im lifting a lot now and i need to keep my Protein up. thanks!

@@NewSetOfCurves - I see GNC stocks it which is really good. They have been the best in pointing out the spiking problem:

http://www.gnclivewell.com/realprotein/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexmorrell/2015/03/12/lawsuits-say-protein-powders-lack-protein-ripping-off-athletes/#274dac671039

It doesn't mean they have researched it deeply, but they don't want cheap competitors in their store either.

I have used isoflex pre and post op and it does foam quite a bit in a blender or mixer. The mint chocolate chip is delicious too. I now just have to drink one cup a day post op so I just use a Blender Bottle and it foams much less. I do mix mine with milk which would cause more foam.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@@bethypoo2, I just put it up in my Blender Bottle too, so I do not have any problems. In fact because of this thread and comments, I paid more attention to it this morning and I noticed there was no foam immediately after (I mix it with almond milk...not sure if that makes a difference). Love it.