Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Long night in the E.R. - didja know y'all are my peeps?

The short version is I spent a long night in the E.R. with chest pain, dizziness, clamminess, nausea. Turns out to be inflammation of the cartilage that attaches your ribs to your sternum and spine. Painful, scary, but not dangerous. No cardiac involvement at all.

While I was there, I thought of you all. I was about to tell someone that if something happened, they had to come here and tell my peeps. Cuz y'all are my peeps. Just so you know.

I've had pleurisy before, which is an inflammation of the lining of the lungs. This is costochondritis.

Costochondritis (kos-toe-kon-DRY-tis) is an inflammation of the cartilage that connects a rib to the breastbone (sternum). Pain caused by costochondritis might mimic that of a heart attack or other heart conditions.

Costochondritis is sometimes known as chest wall pain, costosternal syndrome or costosternal chondrodynia. Sometimes, swelling accompanies the pain (Tietze syndrome).

Costochondritis usually has no apparent cause. Treatment focuses on easing your pain while you wait for the condition to improve on its own, which can take several weeks or longer.

Costochondritis usually goes away on its own, although it might last for several weeks or longer. Treatment focuses on pain relief.

oddly I can tell you my middle son has this condition. it is VERY painful.

ouchy!

you all regulars I consider my tribe too. Thank you for letting us know what is going on.

the nice thing is there is usually someone running around here no matter what time of day or night.

Glad you're okay! This place wouldn't be the same without your crazy ass!

Good grief, woman !!!!

Glad you are okay. ER is no fun.

Almost made a trip there Wednesday night, too.

You haven't been doing anything overly acrobatic lately have you ?

@@Sharon1964 - well that sucks. Good to know about it in case I experience it and don't give myself a heart attack, thinking I am having a heart attack (think about it, it might make sense eventually). Glad your cardio system is ok. Now this is one of those conditions you can say "it only hurts when I laugh." ;-)

Glad you are still in the herd.

Good grief, woman !!!!

I have been assured that THAT had nothing to do with it!

Uhh... I mean, no, why do you ask???

My god that sounds awful!

So glad you're going to be okay.

Hope the pain and scary stuff goes away fast.

Good grief, woman !!!!

I have been assured that THAT had nothing to do with it!

Uhh... I mean, no, why do you ask???

A dude was just wondering.......hoping said ER trip may have been self-induced.

At least then it'd be clear as to what it was that sent you there and what to avoid..........or refine......so as it can be throttled back a bit........just a bit.......so you can enjoy yet not be harmed.

On the real, though......I am always happy......yes happy........when I'm assured that injury was self-induced. That way I know what caused it......am sorta proud of it in a psychotic way.......and can adjust and slow my roll so it doesn't occur again.

The short version is I spent a long night in the E.R. with chest pain, dizziness, clamminess, nausea. Turns out to be inflammation of the cartilage that attaches your ribs to your sternum and spine. Painful, scary, but not dangerous. No cardiac involvement at all.

While I was there, I thought of you all. I was about to tell someone that if something happened, they had to come here and tell my peeps. Cuz y'all are my peeps. Just so you know.

It's scary with any chest pain. Plus ERS suck!! How are you doing now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

It's scary with any chest pain. Plus ERS suck!! How are you doing now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

Tired today, stayed home from work and just chilled. Also, told my boss it was surely stress-induced and therefore his fault.

A dude was just wondering.......hoping said ER trip may have been self-induced.

At least then it'd be clear as to what it was that sent you there and what to avoid..........or refine......so as it can be throttled back a bit........just a bit.......so you can enjoy yet not be harmed.

On the real, though......I am always happy......yes happy........when I'm assured that injury was self-induced. That way I know what caused it......am sorta proud of it in a psychotic way.......and can adjust and slow my roll so it doesn't occur again.

Normally, with any type of injury, my go-to response is "hot date." Keeps people guessing. LOL.

In this case, no, fun has not been had since Saturday night.

A successful date is one that does NOT end with a call to 911. Just sayin'. ;)