Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What the F**K Up with the Constipation!

Jesus boys, I'm shattin pineapples. Okay, maybe not pineapple, but-no exaggeration, hand-grenades.Same size and same freaking texture. These dookies are so freaking hard and large my sphincter has absolutely no chance of pinching one off in a doable size.

Okay, I know this is rough, but to give you all an idea how terrible this is, I had to go in and get a couple of these bad boys. Vaseline on the digit and operation remove the dook was on. Oh MY Freaking God! These things are like steel. Serious pain and blood... I'm only 9 days out and I'm not eating, what is going on! Don't you need food to form these bombers?

Okay, not trying to brag. Trying to figure out what the H to do! I'm not on any painkillers and have not been since day three. I'm hydrating pretty well and taking a dulcolax daily. What to do?!

You might be going too long in between BMs. The longer you go without one the harder the crap will become. Try taking laxatives. I had diarrhea for the first few months followed by Constipation for a few months. I took laxatives for about 2 months and then everything went back to normal.

Constipation can be quite terrible after bariatric surgery. It can be a sign that you are not drinking enough fluids. Sometimes if you go for several days without a bowel movement, the only way to start up the process again is to use a glycerin suppository inserted up your rectum. But if you use these stay close to the bathroom. Another point is if you have just returned from surgery, it is a good idea to take a probiotic for a few days. Generally in the hospital, you are administered an antibiotic which kills not only the bad bacteria but also the good bacteria in your gut. Therefore you need to establish the colonies of good bacteria again. That is where Probiotics come into play.

I had a hard time too, still do.. I never had this problem prior to surgery.. Lots of Water, and stool relaxers.

I had to add Benefibre to my drinks, plus was advised to get Osmolax.

This combination worked for me, finally.

Now, with high Protein meals, I have to do the same, otherwise nothing happens.

Very early post op, some weird stuff came out, similar to your description .... alien stuff ....

Water by itself did not help me.

Good luck, it should get better!

Try drinking a bit of watered down prune juice... It should help

I'm 7.5 months out and this is still an issue. I agree with everyone else though, the Water intake has to be as much as you can tolerate, plus multiple Colace and Miralax. I'd also look into getting a Squatty Potty - it's done wonders for me.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I laughed UPROAREOUSLY reading your post!!! Especially since, this is EXACTLY what I went through and still do from time to time (Vaseline and surgical gloves always on hand). I ADORE your description! Not to make light of it, because it is VERY painful and FRUSTRATING, but holy shite, you made my day!! :D :D :D :D

I have a routine since almost day one post surgery (bypass), a few dried prunes and a handful of dried apple slices every day, and 100 oz of Water a day, every time I forget, I get constipated. Seems to work for me...

Jesus boys, I'm shattin pineapples. Okay, maybe not pineapple, but-no exaggeration, hand-grenades.Same size and same freaking texture. These dookies are so freaking hard and large my sphincter has absolutely no chance of pinching one off in a doable size.

Okay, I know this is rough, but to give you all an idea how terrible this is, I had to go in and get a couple of these bad boys. Vaseline on the digit and operation remove the dook was on. Oh MY Freaking God! These things are like steel. Serious pain and blood... I'm only 9 days out and I'm not eating, what is going on! Don't you need food to form these bombers?

Okay, not trying to brag. Trying to figure out what the H to do! I'm not on any painkillers and have not been since day three. I'm hydrating pretty well and taking a dulcolax daily. What to do?!

I called mine baby raptors

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

Lots and lots of Water, no caffeine, and some Fiber. A gentle laxative may also help. I had it for a while and then just never hardly went to the bathroom. My surgeon said I;'m fine that it was because my food intake is so little compared to what it was previously.

"Calm" it is heaven sent. It was recommended to me by someone in my support group that is several years out. It is magnesium, that you mix with Water. I take it everyday, and it keeps me regular. The directions say 2 teaspoons mixed with Water. Not quite enough for me, I take 3 teaspoons, but I know someone that takes 4, you just need to find out what works for you. I buy mine at sprouts, but you can get it online as well!

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

"Calm" it is heaven sent. It was recommended to me by someone in my support group that is several years out. It is magnesium, that you mix with Water. I take it everyday, and it keeps me regular. The directions say 2 teaspoons mixed with Water. Not quite enough for me, I take 3 teaspoons, but I know someone that takes 4, you just need to find out what works for you. I buy mine at sprouts, but you can get it online as well!

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

I use Metamucil. It's just adding Fiber to your diet. I put it in crystal lite and drink it fast. It makes a huge difference.

I remember buying some sort of magnesium from the health food store. It was expensive. Is this Calm expensive? Metamucil is cheap.

Oh, I am sorry. I didn't even know this was the men's room. It was in recent topics on the right.

1 stool softener for me nightly - keeps it manageable. Fiber and laxatives give me gas and diareah.

I would suggest a pre and probiotic to help sort of get things regulated under control again, and fiber along with more fluids to help soften the stool, and to keep you going regular again. Since I've been doing that I had no issues with having a bowel movement and/or Constipation.< /p>