Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've only lost 6 since my surgery on 5/10 but I refuse to think bad about that! I lost 13 pre surgery so I'll take that total loss. We are forever altered by this procedure and need to consider that this is a new forever NOT determined by the scale today!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Can we talk burping? I had my surgery May 9th. Every time I put any food in my mouth I burp like crazy afterwards.

Sometimes I burp alot after drinking liquids too. I have made a point to chew like crazy and eat or drink slowly. Just curious what this is all about.

I haven't had any burping. Are you using straws?

How is everyone doing on the third week? I've moved onto the mushy food phase but honestly I'm not interested in food. I prefer my Protein Shakes. But I need a good Protein Powder. Any suggestions? I've lost 18lbs so far but my Dr said to expect a stall this week and next :(

I was sleeved on May 12th. I am not very good at keeping track of what I have been eating and drinking but I feel on track. I typically have 2-3 premier Protein shakes a day. I drink about 2-3 bottles of Water a day, and also a couple bottles of Gatorade per day. I honestly do not have a hard time with any of it I just have to drink them slower that I normally would. I feel like I could move on to normal food because I have had no setbacks but I won't do that because I know I am not ready for that. I have lost 16 pounds since the day of my surgery and 31 pounds since I started the pre-op liquid diet.

I was sleeved May 10th. Went to post op appt yesterday. Lost 23 pounds since surgery. I was very pleased. Said to expect slow down. I am not getting all the Protein trying to get all the fluids. The only problem I'm having is the biggest incision is still pretty darn sore. He said that was normal and it could also be where they stitched on inside they hit a nerve?!? Never heard of that lol. Congrats to everyone on the weight loss!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi everyone!

Today was my first day back at work. Phew! I am exhausted. It was tough trying to get back in the swing of things and also keep up with Water and Protein. I'm behind on Water going into this evening but I should be able to meet my goal: 3 hours until bed, 24 oz to go, 8 oz per hour. I can do it!

My day was a bit screwed up because my first task this morning was to sit in on a new hire interview. That put me off my morning routine and I ended up finally finishing lunch at 4:00pm (after grazing on my morning shake for hours and throwing off my whole day).

I started soft foods as of last night....just a day early. I had a very small portion of refried Beans and cheese and it went down easy. Tonight's dinner experiment was tuna with some grated onion and a little mayo. Also delicious and so far, so good.

I was sleeved on 5/2 and my doctor put me into soft foods...I prefer Protein shakes too so I have one in the morning for Breakfast. For about a week and a half I've been in the dreaded three-week stall...it is awful! After seeing 27 lbs melt away and now the scale staying still...it's driving me crazy...I made my husband hide the scale!

How is everyone doing on the third week? I've moved onto the mushy food phase but honestly I'm not interested in food. I prefer my Protein Shakes. But I need a good Protein powder. Any suggestions? I've lost 18lbs so far but my Dr said to expect a stall this week and next :(

Hi guys! I'm dealing with horrible constipation! I take 2 stool softeners a day, and just recently added Muralax. Anyone else experiencing this, or still taking stool softener after 3 weeks?

Erika F. Sleeved 6/6/16

My sleeve surgery was May 10. I have been on Clear Liquids only since then. Have lost about 20 lbs so far. ( I did not have a pre- op diet). I go to my first follow-up with the surgeon tomorrow and am hoping to move on to purée diet. I have been trying to go for 3 one- mile walks a day. Feeling better each day. No pain or nausea since I found some centium mint chewable vitamins. The others I had made me gag.

Hi guys! I'm dealing with horrible constipation! I take 2 stool softeners a day, and just recently added Muralax. Anyone else experiencing this, or still taking stool softener after 3 weeks?

Erika F. Sleeved 6/6/16

I'm having the same issue. I have started to take two stool softners every day. Lets see how that works. :(

What are you all doing go get Protein in? The most I'm getting is 30g from 2 Protein shakes but I'm doing pretty well with Water. I was sleeved may 9th

Have you tried Premier Protein shakes? Just 1 has 30g of protein

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

My husband and I use Body Fortress whey (regular) protein powder. A scoop alone as 30 g plus 12 oz milk brings it up to 42 g. I add PB2 to the chocolate flavor for an extra 5 g. So that is an easy 47 g that I can handle in one drink! Also I really like Atkins Lift drinks. Orange is my favorite. It has 20 gm of protein in one 17 oz bottle.