Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let the rant begin...

Is that a new dress or an old dress that you’re fitting back into? (why does it matter?)

How much weight have you lost?! And then she starts guessing!!! :angry: (NOYB)

How much more are you trying to lose cuz you look really good now? (Still NOYB)

You look so much younger since you've lost weight. (gee, thanks)

I bet your feet don't hurt as much. (how would you know they hurt in the first place? RUDE!)

What are you eating to lose weight? (this didn't bother me)

I noticed at our luncheon last week that you only ate the tops off the pizza. (food police?)

All this was asked/said to me at work this morning. I don't even talk to these people that much. Geez!!!! I have to rant at least once a week, LOL!

Just tell me I look good and keep it moving. :D :D :D :D Happy Monday!

Edited by her1981

NOYB ... love it!

People.

I swear.

Ugh! Sounds like you're getting some rude comments and questions. I'm not getting them so much, but I've reached some threshold where suddenly I'm getting at least five comments a day on how much I've lost. I know this sounds kind of first world problemish, but it's....weird. I'm ready for how I am to just be the new normal and not garner so much attention.

I hated when people didn't mind their own business, but I accepted that 95% of them were not being rude on purpose. Most people who have not had weight issues think that telling you you've lost weight is this big compliment, and that asking how much gives you a chance to brag. It made me feel like a monster, but I get that people who were not fat have no idea what it feels like.

If it makes you feel better, once you've been at goal for awhile, no one asks rude questions and people tend to forget that you were once fat. No one has told me I look thin in probably a year other than my mom who told me I look too thin and my friends who tell me I look skinny because they know it makes me happy, haha.

@@her1981 & @@gpmed - I am wearing some fitted pants today at work.

I bet I have been asked ATLEAST 5 times how much more weight are you going to lose? I just smile and say a few more and keep walking. They mean well (its a bunch of guys) and I try to take the questions as a compliment. The downside is that I am getting worried about NOT making it to goal because I don't want to be a failure.

People are so rude. I know once I get my surgery I'm going to get a lot of the same types of questions but they will be family because I'm not telling anyone. This includes my 2 sons they can be very rude to me so I'm not even telling them. My daughter knows she will be my help and support.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I hated when people didn't mind their own business, but I accepted that 95% of them were not being rude on purpose. Most people who have not had weight issues think that telling you you've lost weight is this big compliment, and that asking how much gives you a chance to brag. It made me feel like a monster, but I get that people who were not fat have no idea what it feels like.

If it makes you feel better, once you've been at goal for awhile, no one asks rude questions and people tend to forget that you were once fat. No one has told me I look thin in probably a year other than my mom who told me I look too thin and my friends who tell me I look skinny because they know it makes me happy, haha.

You've hit the nail right on the head. That's why it makes me feel weird. It makes me feel like I was some kind of freak of nature before. You're right that there's no other way to take it than to know the majority of people mean well. It's just nice to have folks here who understand.

Wow these people are minding so much of your business, you should ask them if they have time to focus on their business?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@gpmed Exactly! What did you think I looked like before?! (not that I care!)

Edited by her1981

Someone asked me this morning, how much have you lost now ?since it was someone I know well I told her, just over 60 pounds. Her reply was, "no way! You lost a lot more then that!"

Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

hahahahahahahaha right??? jeez. people are so insensitive. i've gotten two that pissed me off..

"oh my god!!! i didn't even recognize you! you were pretty fat before but you look really good now" (reallly? a-hole)

"oh my god, you're wasting away, you're getting way too thin" (omg. FYOU

Is that a new dress or an old dress that you’re fitting back into? (why does it matter?)

How much weight have you lost?! And then she starts guessing!!! :angry: (NOYB)

How much more are you trying to lose cuz you look really good now? (Still NOYB)

You look so much younger since you've lost weight. (gee, thanks)

I bet your feet don't hurt as much. (how would you know they hurt in the first place? RUDE!)

What are you eating to lose weight? (this didn't bother me)

I noticed at our luncheon last week that you only ate the tops off the pizza. (food police?)

All this was asked/said to me at work this morning. I don't even talk to these people that much. Geez!!!! I have to rant at least once a week, LOL!

Just tell me I look good and keep it moving. :D :D :D :D Happy Monday!

I know how you feel. I lost a pretty decent amount of weight before my surgery and purposely started eating differently months in advance of my surgery. Mostly everyone at work has been awesome. There is one woman though, who is DYING to know EVERY LITTLE DETAIL and it's just the way she asks. It's so annoying. She was walking in front of me one day and turned around twice to look at me. She sits across from me. She turned around and said, "Hey you've lost weight" to which I replied "Yes I have." She then said "You've lost AT LEAST 20lbs". (I had lost over 80 at that point but I did not correct her). I said "Yes I have thanks". She repeated it again....AT LEAST 20lbs!

What is irritating is that I have openly told many people here about my weight loss. They didn't make me feel like an asshat and asked appropriate questions. They let me give them information. I know she knows I had surgery, but she won't ask.

The other day she came over to my cubicle and told me about her GIGANTIC nephew and his GIGANTIC wife who were both having that weight loss surgery. I just nodded and said how great that was for their health. She repeated how GIGANTIC they both were. She then came out and asked me how much weight I have lost. I told her "a lot".

I have to work with her only 1 day a week in the office - THANK GOODNESS. I don't think I could take much more. I sympathize with what you are going through.

@@Margie122 My coworkers don't know I've had surgery. Only my boss knows. I guess the difference is shocking, but certainly I'm not the first person they've known to ever lose weight.