Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My wonderful gastric sleeve!

I've just realised I have lost 100lbs! I only weigh once a month so this actually happened a couple of weeks ago! I've gone from 260lb to 160lb, although it may be a bit less than that now. The last 20years has totally revolved around my bathroom scales and I simply haven't had a life. Thankfully now I have been able to put the scales away and get out there and live life.....happy' happy, happy!

I am off to a reunion this weekend with people I haven't seen for years (some of them for 30+ years). This is something I would NEVER have had the confidence to do last year. I will probably look a lot more wrinkly than some people there (I'm 63) but I simple don't care. Having lost weight I just can't describe how good I feel! Happy days! I feel there is nothing I can't do - I am just coming to the end of the C25K and can now run for 25 minutes!

For anyone considering the sleeve I really can't think of any down sides - just DO IT!

That is amazing! Congratulations on your success! I am 10 days post op for the sleeve and things have been going good so far. I love reading others peoples success stories, they really inspire me that I can actually lose the weight and get down to my goal. I can't wait to post my own success story one day :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Great job! May I ask when your surgery was?

Great job! May I ask when your surgery was?

April 27th.

Sent from my LG-H631 using the BariatricPal App

. Lol I was asking the person who started the thread. ;)

congratulations!

I can not tell you how much I am eagerly awaiting the day I can say the same thing.

@@MzStockton

Thanks! I've only just got back and didn't have internet access, so sorry for delay. I had my op in UK on 25 Aug last year - SO glad I did!

@J Germaine Johnson

I'm in the UK and it seems very few people get this op paid for and if you do the process takes a couple of years. I didn't feel I had any time to waste, as I'm 63, so happy I stumped up the money for it when I did. I know this is something I will never regret. I literally feel like a different person!

Good luck and keep us posted how you get on!

@@FMoore2004

Thanks! Even at my fattest I've been fairly active, as I have two dogs and a huge garden, so never had a problem getting to 10k steps a day. I started doing some weight training a few weeks after surgery and eight weeks ago started the C25K. I've tried running in the past but just couldn't do it. Having lost the weight I can now easily run for half an hour - no problem!

@@Christinamo7

It will happen quicker than you think. The past months have simply flown by. Good luck!