Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So sorry you're feeling bad. It gets better every single day.

Keep sipping fluids and get up and walk at least a few minutes every hour that you're awake and you'll start feeling better soon. And if you're in pain, do take your meds ASAP and don't try to tough it out.

And if it's because things are hard to get down, try sugar free popsicles or cold drinks alternating with warm broth. Sometimes alternating cold and warm helps with the swelling.

Congratulations!!!

I am just now 7 weeks out but I remember the ups and downs of those first two weeks very well.

For me it was by about week 3 when I started feeling normal.

I still have some down days, but for the most part I'm back to being somewhat normal functioning adult.

Hang in there. You are not alone. This forum was the best thing for me, and still is, as I'm learning about my new way of living.

Keep up the good work. You can do this!!!

I'm 2 days out and feel

The same way. Can't keep fluids down and feel nauseous :( hopefully it passes soon.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm 17 days out and cant believe the difference from just a few weeks ago. Follow your team's orders and take it day by day and you'll be fine and it will be a memory soon. My best advice is to get as many fluids as possible. I set a timer to go off every 15 mins to remind me to sip. The times I was a little dehydrated it made everything worse with headaches and dizzyness and I wanted to cry. When I was hydrated the world was a better place, lol.

Edited by byebyebmi

A week ago At 6:40pm I came home from hospital, it's such a tremendous difference what a week can do.

Take meds when needed

Drink slowly ,

Have a pillow on your belly

Take walks

And try to rest as much as you can

, this past Monday I already drive to work and worked for a half a day

I just hit my 1 year anniversary. The first couple of months are tough as your body heals, adjusts, etc. The good news is that the weight came off very easily and I actually had to start eating over 2000 calories again just to quit losing weight and gain a little back. Hang in there!

I'm 2 days out and feel

The same way. Can't keep fluids down and feel nauseous :( hopefully it passes soon.

Have you asked your dr for anti nausea meds? It took one hell of a med cocktail for me to feel better. ended up being kept in the hospital for and extra day. But by day four I felt amazing. I went back to work 5 days post op. I am 17 days post op just started on puree I feel INCREDIBLE. My life is coming back to me

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

I'm 17 days out and cant believe the difference from just a few weeks ago. Follow your team's orders and take it day by day and you'll be fine and it will be a memory soon. My best advice is to get as many fluids as possible. I set a timer to go off every 15 mins to remind me to sip. The times I was a little dehydrated it made everything worse with headaches and dizzyness and I wanted to cry. When I was hydrated the world was a better place, lol.

I'm 17 days out too :) I feel so incredible. Putting on boots that weren't wide calf was like the most amazing feeling lol

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

I call it the Wait effect.

You do something and... wait, shouldn't that have hurt? Wait, shouldn't those be tight? Wait... my legs are crossed. 0.o Wait, did I just walk 4 miles. In the sun. And I'm just a little tired and sweaty?

One foot in front of the other.

I'm 2 days out as well, i've found walking has truly made everything better, even just around the house. It gets the gasses moving and out, also i've noticed don't wait to take pain meds, liquid oxy and tylenol have been a godsend, but don't wait, just take as prescribed. I've noticed if I nap, I wake up so sore and achy and stiff, so try to get up and moving after one. Good luck!

2 days out. When will I feel somewhat normal?

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

I started feeling normal about 4 months postop.

Just hit my 3 week mark and started feeling SO much better. Hang in there! It will get better!

I am 4 days out and the thing that was a game changer for me was stopping the narcotics. They were making me extremely exhausted but agitated so that I would feel the need to get up and pace every hour. I am allowed up to 3000 mg of Tylenol per day if needed. This is my second day off the narcs and I haven't needed anything. Today I just felt so much more normal and with it, and was able to do the walking on my schedule without having to take multiple naps.

Obviously if you are still having pain, this won't be a solution for you, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Also, on Surgery Day and Day 1 I was extremely nauseated (and actually almost threw up my barium swallow, which was a real treat). They finally got me on Compazine which controlled the nausea. I had to take it the first couple days home but now I'm ok. So if you aren't on a nausea med, ask for one asap!

I was totally regretting my decision on surgery day and day one out! But once I started to feel more normal and was able to have a full night's sleep, my attitude got much more positive.