Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breast size after surgery

If/when I get surgery and lose enough weight, a trip to Colombia to visit my brother for the summer is in order. It is the Land of Plastics!!

I've loved reading these posts. With one or two exceptions we all seem to want the girls to shrink to a more manageable size. The thing is I vividly remember lusting after breasts, I was 14 and a late developer. I even resorted to cotton wool in the cups lol! Be careful what you wish for is all I can say. Back in the 60s larger cupped bras were thin on the ground and what were available were obviously designed by someone who built bridges in a previous life. Nowadays at least some attempt is made to give us larger ladies a bit more lacy nonsense but let's face it, holding those big girls up calls for some serious infrastructure. I look at the lacy pieces of frippery and long to fasten one on. So what if I'm well past the first flush of youth, in my head I'm still young.

Sigh I hope mine shrink... I've been in a bra since age 8... I needed underwire by 4th grade.. I was a DD cup by 8th grade.. which was terribly embarrassing to me.. and worse off there's an obvious size discrepancy- both are large but there's at -least- half a cup if not full cup difference.. and I hate that.. I've been embarrassed by it for years.. all through high school and college I wore bras and finally last summer on a really hot day I just HAD It.. I took off my bra... looked at the lines it had put on my body from being stretched around my middle.. and I decided I couldn't stand it one second longer.. Now if I MUST wear a bra I wear a sports bra.. otherwise I'm wearing nothing.. My mom is mortified LOL Coming from a very conservative Christian home (even though she grew up in the 60's) she can't imagine how I can leave the house without a bra... but she's also very small busted so I don't think she really gets how miserable it is to have been a DD (and now probably bigger! since high school was the last I was measured ) since I was 12-13 years old.. I want to be able to wear cute little bralets and stuff.. I would like to be a B cup and perky or something.. Sigh..

@@Beck90 LOL! You need to get remeasured. The bra hurts because you are wearing the wrong size....

Sent from my HTC One M9 using the BariatricPal App

Love this post ! The long bosoms and rolling them up like sock, yes that's me alright. I went from 42 DD now in 34 FF but that's a small price to pay for the weight loss. Onward and downward I say !

I always had big breasts when I was young and at a normal weight. It runs in my family and most of my female family members have had reductions. I never gained in my breasts, just in band size really.

I have lost a 120lb and gone from a DD to a G, my breasts are the same size, I never gained in my breasts. My back and side fat is almost all gone, I lost a lot of upper body weight (except my arms, sigh).

I have a friend that recently had a reduction and was told if you really have a lot of breast tissue, it can continue to increase as you age.

If you are up to an H, you will probably still have really large breasts.

@@BigViffer - ROTFLMAO - oh, and ROMT (rolled on my titties) -

heres the best I can do as a non computer geek...Imagine L-O-N-G NBA player type tube socks, Wilt Chamberlain - - -

here they are touching the floor ;/

UU

I went down in band size and up in cup size but I will admit I've been probably wearing the wrong size for years. I was a 42 DD. I am now wearing a 36FF. I got fitted and had to get bras with "molded" cups. I look fantastic with my bra on, but with it off...sweet baby Jesus turn off the lights man.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

HA I think it hurt because the band size got too small because I got fatter but I definitely do need to get remeasured.. and if my cup size goes up I'm getting a reduction. The stupid DD is already bigger than I want -.- I wish I was one of those girls with small ones.

Mine disappeared. Ironic, since when I was MO I wanted a reduction. Be careful what you wish for I guess! I was a 44D, and uncomfortable - so probably bigger.

After the weight loss, I was a 34 B/C. Hard to really fit right when it's kind of rolled up. Sad but true. If allowed to lie flat I would be an A!

I'm 2 1/2 weeks post op from buying new ones ;-) Never thought I'd ever do that.

@@LipstickLady VS suck at fitting people. I had a girl try and tell me I was a DD. I had to laugh. Plus they only go up to a DD in the store and DDD on line

@hazelzay. When I started I was 230lbs and my bra was a 44G/H. Now I'm 143 and my bra is a 34H. I Didn't lose any cup size only band size. They are still full and pointing east and not due south.

At 6 months out, I've gone from a 50 G to a 44 D. The cups are just filled with empty skin though. Without a bra on, they are completely flat, long, and so so sad compares to their former beautiful selves. It's

On my list of things to fix after I reach my goal though. Right behind my belly, thighs, and arms.