Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone on here from the Omaha metro area?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am. Currently trying to choose a surgeon. :-)

I would highly recommend Methodist. Dr Cronk or Dr Anthone. I have found the entire organization to be very thorough. Plus their pre op diet is only seven days instead of fourteen.

I went to the Methodist informational seminar. I was very impressed by Dr. Anthone - informative, no BS, personable.

Sadly, my insurance doesn't cover Methodist. :-(

:-(

I went to the UNMC seminar too and I liked Dr McBride very much. But, she was quite firm on a 2 week liquid only pre-op diet.

Guess I'll be doing that!

What procedure did you have?

The pre op diet is super important so the liver can shrink. That one thing I like about Methodist, it's only one week and you can eat solid Proteins and vegetables. I don't know why they are different. Everyone else once talked to is two week liquids only. I'm having a sleeve gastrectomy one week from today. I'm super excited and ready to change my lifestyle. What procedure are you thinking of having?

Sleeve also. It makes the most sense for me. It seems they don't really do bands anymore and the idea of a port and a permanent 'device' kind of squicks me out.

Good luck on your surgery!

The pre op diet is super important so the liver can shrink. That one thing I like about Methodist, it's only one week and you can eat solid Proteins and vegetables. I don't know why they are different. Everyone else once talked to is two week liquids only. I'm having a sleeve gastrectomy one week from today. I'm super excited and ready to change my lifestyle. What procedure are you thinking of having?

I'm so excited to find this thread !!!!! Made my day :) I too am in Omaha and will be having the sleeve done by Dr. Cronk next Wednesday. I had originally went to Dr Whites seminar at Immanuel and met with his office once and decided it just wasn't the right fit for me. So far I'm highly impressed with Dr Cronk and his office.

How is everyone doing post op?

Dr. Cronk is awesome. Congrats on your surgery date. Next Wednesday is coming up fast. Have you started your pre op diet yet? My surgery went well. I'm almost two months out and doing really well. If you want to chat more feel free to direct message me. :)

Had my pre-op physical yesterday and everything is good to go! Had the pre surgery class today at Methodist West. Was surprised when the nurse said Dr. Cronk doesn't always do a swallow test with the sleeve. Did you do a swallow test? Said I'll be eating ice chips and drinking Water as soon as I'm awake, which also surprised me, as I was expecting to have to wait a while based on everything I've read on here.

I'm going to say that I didn't do a swallow test since I'm not exactly sure what that is. LOL Dr. Cronk and Dr Anthone like to push the liquids. They had me drinking Isopure Protein drinks the same afternoon as my surgery. Unless you have complications you will probably go home on a stage 2 liquid diet. That's what happened with me, anyway.

I'm so excited to find this thread !!!!! Made my day :) I too am in Omaha and will be having the sleeve done by Dr. Cronk next Wednesday. I had originally went to Dr Whites seminar at Immanuel and met with his office once and decided it just wasn't the right fit for me. So far I'm highly impressed with Dr Cronk and his office.

How is everyone doing post op?

I did the exact same thing! I was approved at Immanuel with Dr. White and everything and decided to meet Dr. Cronk and just felt like it was a much more personable staff and doctor. Glad to find this thread and hope everyone is doing well. I just have my EGD on Aug 1 and then we will schedule the surgery...hopefully end of Aug.

I'm going to say that I didn't do a swallow test since I'm not exactly sure what that is. LOL Dr. Cronk and Dr Anthone like to push the liquids. They had me drinking Isopure Protein drinks the same afternoon as my surgery. Unless you have complications you will probably go home on a stage 2 liquid diet. That's what happened with me, anyway.

Surgery went well. Started back to work today. Did Dr. Cronk give you a stage 3 purée/mushy phase print out? My follow up isn't until next Monday but I start mushy foods on Wednesday. Just not sure how strict he is. So far I'm planning scrambled eggs, refrained Beans and the ricotta bake. Scrambled egg has never sounded so amazing.