Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some recipes? Please

Willing to try out new recipes that you love and easy to make ???? Please give me your recipes an ingredients and steps ????☺️

what kinds of food are you looking for?

Anything easy to make, I wanna try new things

last night I steamed some asparagus and also sauteed some chicken in olive oil with garlic and salt and pepper. when it was almost finished I added to the pan 1/3 of a can of hard cider, and let that cook down. once it was reduced to about 1/3 I added 1 tsp of honey and 1 tsp of butter to finish the pan sauce. this was for 3 chicken breasts cut in half, I think. 1 half chicken breast is all I can eat, I eat the small end, hub eats the larger end. it was fabulous, easy and fast.

last week I did chicken breasts sauteed the same way, and then I added 1/4 of a jar of spag sauce, and topped with Parmesan cheese.

both recipes reheat well if you slice the chicken before putting it up in the fridge. so makes excellent lunches if you can keep the kids out of it. we had that with canned carrots. which I do not like. but in the spag sauce they were ok. family had Pasta with their serving, but I did not.

@@KindaFamiliar has some more, interesting menu items, perhaps he will share. he seems to be good at putting flavors together.

sometimes I make a "big mac" salad. a very little salad (I like romaine lettuce) chopped to small pieces, 1/3 cup ground beef/turkey on top, shredded cheddar, a drop of thousand island dressing (seriously, very little needed for the flavor) 1 dill pickle slice, chopped, 1 green onion chopped and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top. you really do kinda get the feeling of a big mac sammy but much better, and in keeping with amounts of food we're supposed to be eating.

sometimes I take that same ground meat combo, add taco seasoning and some black Beans and top with cheese and a dollop of sour cream. sure, I don't have it with chips, but hey it's just as good off the fork!

I like to make frittatas. I use ground turkey sausage, feta cheese, red pepper strips, and egg beaters. Put it all in a skillet and bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes. (Until solid in the middle). Makes 4 servings which heat up in the microwave really easy.

Also love blackberry balsamic marinated chicken. You can get the recipe on Pinterest.

Last night I made chicken breast pounded out, then stuffed with a small amount of fresh mozzarella cheese, red pepper strips, kalamata olives, and basil leaves. Bake in 350 oven about 25-30 minutes. Take out of oven and add some parmesan cheese and then put back in the oven under broiler for about 5 minutes.

Check out Pinterest. I get lots of recipes and ideas off there. You can search for bariatric or high Protein recipes.

This is one of my favorite recipes and can be tweaked to your taste. If you are willing to try something a bit on the different side, give it a try (I think you will like it). The main ingredient in the dish is fish and shrimp which are cooked via the acidic juice of lemons and limes. I entered all of the ingredients into the recipe app in MyFitnessPal, the nutritional list is posted at the bottom. It's definately a low carb / high Protein meal.
Ceviche
• 32 oz Tilapia Fillets
• 12 oz Shrimp (de-viened, shelled, tail off)
• 1 bunch Cilantro (finely chopped)
• 1 cucumber (peeled and cubed)
• 4 tomatoes (diced)
• 2 Jalepeno (finely chopped) more or less to taste
• 0.25 cup(s), Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 3 Lemons
• 3 Limes
• 1 large Red Onion (finely chopped)
• 1 teaspoon = 2 cloves, Garlic, Minced
* Cubed the Tilapia fillets and shrimp into small pieces and place into a glass bowl or pan. Slice the Lemons and Limes in half and remove the seeds.
Squeeze the juice from the lemons/limes over the Tilapia/Shrimp mixture. Stir to coat all and press down to submerged as much as possible in the juice.
Cover the bowl tightly and place in the refrigerator.
* The acid from the lemons/limes will cook the fish/shrimp in approximately 45min. I myself let the fish/shrimp cook in the juice for approximately 3 to
4 hours, stirring frequently to assure everything is evenly cooked.
*After the fish/shrimp is cooked via the acidic juice, drain (leaving approximately 1/3cup of juice in the bowl along with the fish/shrimp). Combine the
rest of the ingrediants together, stir thoroughly, and salt to taste. The Cerviche can be eaten at this point, though I prefer to place it in a air tight
container and chill first. Cerviche is typically eaten with chips, on salads, as a side or as a main dish. I personally like it as its' own dish. It's a
low calorie/low carb high protien meal.

Nutrition Facts
Servings 10.0
Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving:
calories 257
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 10 g 15 %
Saturated Fat 2 g 9 %
Monounsaturated Fat 5 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120 mg 40 %
Sodium 427 mg 18 %
Potassium 289 mg 8 %
Total Carbohydrate 11 g 4 %
Dietary Fiber 2 g 8 %
Sugars 4 g
Protein 31 g 62 %
Vitamin A 14 %
Vitamin C 53 %
Calcium 5 %
Iron 13 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet,
so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.

@@RoachBug I love cerviche however hate tilapia. Have you ever tried it with a different fish like cod? I also like to have sweet corn in mine. I guess that would add to the carbs but shouldn't be too bad. I will have to give this a try.

Believe it can be made with any white fish.

Our fave taco chicken couldn't be easier: six or eight bone in, skin off chicken thighs. Put them in a crockpot or pressure cooker. sprinkle over a packet of taco seasoning. Pour over a jar of salsa. Cook in a slow cooker four to five hours on high, or in a pressure cooker 15".

I like to refrigerate this overnight so I can defat the sauce the next day. Pull the chicken apart (save the bones for stock!), cook down the sauce a bit of you like. I freeze it in 2 oz portions for making mini taco salads. Huz makes bowls with brown rice and black Beans.