Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Researching doctors in Mexico

I went with LIMARP. Dr. Maria Pompa. She and her entire staff are absolutely amazing. I am 2 days post op and doing great today. If anyone has any questions about Limarp or Dr. Pompa please feel free to ask. They are better than you can ever expect. Look at the videos.. they are perfectly accurate!

Sent from my SM-G870W using the BariatricPal App

Hi! Im new at this forum.... I'm having my gastric sleeve this October with Dr. Fernando García does someone knows him here? I'm a little bit nervous, could somebody tell me if you had your surgery with Dr. Garcia and how was your experience with him and CER Hospital? Have you achieved your goal? did you have complications? or if it was a smooth experience I would appreciate your comments.

Not sure if you already had your surgery but if not you can message me with any questions. I had mine 10/18 and had a great experience

I used Dr Garcia last week and everything exceeded my expectations. The hospital was clean and the majority of the nurses spoke english. They treat you well. The mariott was beautiful and it was fun shopping the day before departure. I definateltly suggest him. I never really had gas pains or much pain in general except one incision thats still bothering me (my dog jumped on it twice as well as my 2 yr old daughter ugh). I threw up a few times in the first 24 hrs but that it.

Tcjmom. Thank you for all your info. My best friend and I are going to get it done together in January with Dr Garcia. We are so excited and not nervous at all! Especially since reading everyone's reviews of him.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Hello, I'm new to the forum. Due to an insurance change, I am looking for self-pay options in Mexico. Does anyone have experience with a doctor in Cancun? I'm on the east coast and it would be an easier trip.

I just had my gastric sleeve done in Monterrey, Mexico last Friday, Oct 28. It went great... I was not approvec by US insurance because I did not had any co-morbidities.

My experience has been great so far- arrived Wednesday, tests and pre-check Thursday and surgery Friday Morning, and released from the Hospital on Sunday....

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

There are so many DR's in mexico.....How do you find the best Dr. I'd be going to TJ since I live neat San Jose, CA.....I want to get this done soon but I'm really uncertain about mexico.

@@JamieLogical, did you use OCC. I have been researching Mexico and Dr. Ariel Ortiz, I like him and his facility a lot. Any tips why you chose him?

I did go with OCC. There were a couple of major factors in my decision. First was Dr. Ortiz' reputation. He is internationally respected, so that boded well.

I also preferred to have my surgery in a surgical center versus a hospital. Some people prefer hospitals because they have emergency services on site, but I prefer surgical centers because of the lower risk of infection. If you do go with a hospital in TJ, make sure it is a real hospital with a real ICU. Many "hospitals" there are little more than surgical centers themselves.

Another big factor for me was the follow-up support OCC provides. They have a nutritionist available to answer any and all questions, day or night, as well as several doctors on staff who can answer questions about medications, complications, and address any other medical concerns. Plus they continue to follow-up with me via email almost 2 years post-op now!

Finally, I had read many many personal accounts from past patients and that made me feel very confident in my decision.

Newbie here, what is OCC? Thank you!

Sent from my QTAIR7 using the BariatricPal App

I went with Dr. Ariel Ortiz at OCC. Sleeved 12/16/16. So far 4 days post op and all is going really good. Had no pain (took my pain meds just 2 days) and incisions have no pain either. Just trying hard to get my fluids in daily. I liked the process, the entire staff at OCC, having my own room their overnight was important to me and having own room recovering few days at the Marriott (the staff there is definitely good with the process as I think they do majority of their business thru the clinics booking patients there). All shuttling is to done with hotel vans and OCC. I know in researching Mexico I spent more then other centers charged but it was worth it for all the things that were important to me for this experience!

I'm booking a nip and tuck with Dr Ramos at the end of January. I went and did a walk thru and met staff... looked at facilities etc....

all very clean and good.

My question is do they drive you back across the border? I can't stand in an hour plus line after surgery to walk through. I have heard the dr has some quicker way across the border with a lane. Does anyone know about this ? Thank you in advance .

I'm booking a nip and tuck with Dr Ramos at the end of January. I went and did a walk thru and met staff... looked at facilities etc....

all very clean and good.

My question is do they drive you back across the border? I can't stand in an hour plus line after surgery to walk through. I have heard the dr has some quicker way across the border with a lane. Does anyone know about this ? Thank you in advance .

That would be a question for Dr. Ramos' coordinator, I think. Different surgeons/clinics do it differently. When I had my plastics, I was driven back across the border in a car by a person with dual citizenship. When I had my VSG, I was driven to the border in a shuttle, walked through the customs area, and then was picked up by the shuttle on the other side.