Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

So I am about a month and a week out overall I feel okay. I am so lost as to how I can do this, is a long story but I am going to make it short. I have 4kids live in a city where I don't have family or much friends.

when I had the surgery my husband took 4weeks to help with the kids and everything but now he is gone, he is running a business out of the country so we see him once a month.

Is just me and the kids with running around doing everything x10 and now trying to take care of myself by making sure I get all my Protein and Water I can't do it all.

And because I am crazy I am trying to started a business myself lol I know. With a lot of that going on my natural reaction is put myself last so that I am able to do everything else which means I don't get in all my protein and water the last couple of days have been bad and I know I can't continue like this. Here I am not at 11:30pm trying to finish my sound protein of the day because this is the only time I have.

I don't know if anyone can help me as to how I can do it all, but I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you...

Choice- get your Protein in the easy way- I use one scoop of a "flavored" powder and one scoop of an unflavored one to the same amount- 8 oz of liquid. It's the only way I can do it. I'm just a little ahead of you- my surgery was March 23. Since I get the balance of my Protein from meals, it works out great. One shake in the am has anywhere from 43-47 grams.

(I don't use 2 flavored scoops because it is too strong in that flavor then!)

Edited by LisaMergs

My doctor said your body can only absorb 30 grams of Protein at once. You might want to talk to your dr before relying on one shake to get the majority of your protein.

@@choicemun I'd consider holding off on the new business venture for now. Get a Water container that you can take with you everywhere and keep drinking. Also - cook something for the kids that has Protein and stop and eat with them. Grab some 100 calorie almond packs for a quick protein snack. Make smoothies for you and the kids. Make eating and preparing food fun and part of your day. You're going to run yourself into a hospital bed and be forced to take care of yourself then. Take care!

I was told the same thing about the Protein and how much can be absorbed. I agree with the other about making yourself first, you have to think about your health. Carry a Water bottle and sip throughout the day and look for some Protein Water to get the protein in throughout the day. I eat a cup of greek yogurt and add about 1/2 a scoop of the unflavored 26 grams of protein and get atleast 25 grams of protein and about 150 calories.

Mom, you cant NOT take care of yourself, esp if your husband is overseas.

You have to put yourself and your recovery first. I am single, no kids, live near family, and not working, and the first few months were challenging. I cannot imagine how you do it!

You may have to get creative.

How old are your kids? They may need to help more.

Use a calendar. Make sure you schedule everything (put your meals, Snacks, exercise, doctors appointments, support group meetings, sleep, etc., first, then schedule everything else around that. Planning ahead is critical.

One book I HIGHLY recommend is Dr. Henry Cloud's One Life Solution. It is about setting boundaries, life balance, etc.

There are also productivity resources that you may find useful like Covey.

Don't be afraid to ask for help. From your kids, friends, church members, babysitters, etc. Maybe you need to hire a "mother's helper" for the summer.

Keep us posted on how you are doing. The people on this site have a wealth of experience and wisdom.

Thanks everyone,

my # one problem is that since I am only a month and a week out I can't really eat much food I have two bites and I am full. So I try to stay more with the Protein shakes to get all my required amount.

Just being so busy makes that hard, I do take Water with me every where I go is the Protein that's more of a problem. And I can't find protein I like they all taste nasty but I force them down.

Thank you @innersurfergirl you always give great advice. My kids are 10, 8, 4, 11months so it gets crazy at times.

Thanks everyone,

my # one problem is that since I am only a month and a week out I can't really eat much food I have two bites and I am full. So I try to stay more with the Protein shakes to get all my required amount.

Just being so busy makes that hard, I do take Water with me every where I go is the Protein that's more of a problem. And I can't find protein I like they all taste nasty but I force them down.

Thank you @innersurfergirl you always give great advice. My kids are 10, 8, 4, 11months so it gets crazy at times.

Have you tried the ProtiDiet liquid beverage concentrates? I like them because they are clear and lighter than Protein Shakes. You can put them in your water bottle. Each packet is 15 grams of protein.

Bless your heart! My mom had 4 kids and I STILL don't know how she did it (dad travelled a lot for work).

I just had surgery on 4/15/16 and I too am getting use to the Protein intake. I recently found a sports bottle that keeps liquids cool for 20 hours. It cost me about $20. I found a low calorie juice that I like and I mix in half of a New whey 42g Protein mix with the drink (so far watermelon is my favorite). I keep the bottle with me and sip all morning. The bottle holds 20 oz of liquid. In the afternoon I do the same thing. By the end of the day with my normal animal protein for Breakfast, lunch and dinner I reach my protein goal.

Like most people by the time I eat protein first there is little room for anything else. I also alway keep the bottle with me as a reminder that I should be drinking. Like most things if I don't see the liquid I won't drink it.

I also found that if I keep a bottle of Water handy when driving home, walking in the grocery store or just watching TV it jogs my memory that I should be sipping.

Hope this helps.

Hi everyone,

So I am about a month and a week out overall I feel okay. I am so lost as to how I can do this, is a long story but I am going to make it short. I have 4kids live in a city where I don't have family or much friends.

when I had the surgery my husband took 4weeks to help with the kids and everything but now he is gone, he is running a business out of the country so we see him once a month.

Is just me and the kids with running around doing everything x10 and now trying to take care of myself by making sure I get all my Protein and Water I can't do it all.

And because I am crazy I am trying to started a business myself lol I know. With a lot of that going on my natural reaction is put myself last so that I am able to do everything else which means I don't get in all my Protein and Water the last couple of days have been bad and I know I can't continue like this. Here I am not at 11:30pm trying to finish my sound protein of the day because this is the only time I have.

I don't know if anyone can help me as to how I can do it all, but I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you...

We were sleeved about the same time. I was done on April 8.

I know how you feel. I coach football and I am on the field from 3PM until about 8PM every day and it is hot so 5 hours in which it is impossible to get food in.

I can recommend Isopure as it has 40g a bottle and counts as part of your liquid intake. I have one of those around during practice. I agree that one of the best ways is to make sure family meals include protein and that way you can eat the same things as the family just in a different order or smaller quantity.

The other thing I do is add a tsp of natural organic butter(4g of protein) to Inspire Peanut Butter protein mix (20g) in the AM with 1/2 cup of milk (I use Fairlife non fat which has 6.5g of protein) this really helps me start my day with 30g in my first drink of the day.

My NUT has me on the soft food stage for the 4 weeks after you do the post op liquid so almonds are out and not sure the fat, calorie protein trade off is an improvement on the 1 tsp of Peanut Butter.< /p>

I just had surgery on 4/15/16 and I too am getting use to the Protein intake. I recently found a sports bottle that keeps liquids cool for 20 hours. It cost me about $20. I found a low calorie juice that I like and I mix in half of a New Whey 42g Protein mix with the drink (so far watermelon is my favorite). I keep the bottle with me and sip all morning. The bottle holds 20 oz of liquid. In the afternoon I do the same thing. By the end of the day with my normal animal protein for Breakfast, lunch and dinner I reach my protein goal.

Like most people by the time I eat protein first there is little room for anything else. I also alway keep the bottle with me as a reminder that I should be drinking. Like most things if I don't see the liquid I won't drink it.

I also found that if I keep a bottle of Water handy when driving home, walking in the grocery store or just watching TV it jogs my memory that I should be sipping.

Hope this helps.

Could I get details on that sports bottle? I need that in my life!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App