Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Is the Craziest Thing You’ve Ordered at a Restaurant?

Having Breakfast at a place with my kids, I ordered 1 piece of plain, whole wheat toast.

The waitress just looked at me puzzled?

I have to charge you for a full order ...
I know. It's OK. But just bring me out one piece, please. I won't eat the other one.

... brings me out 2 slices, buttered with jelly ...
I just couldn't bring you out one slice

I left a slice and a half

If I'm eating with my mom we split meals where it's a "choose 2" so they are already smaller portions. Some places I get the kids meal, if not I have a to go plate for later!

Probably my strangest order so far was (Panera) half a Roasted Turkey and Avocado BLT with no bread, no mayo, no lettuce, no Tomato and no side. Just the Turkey, Bacon and Avocado on a plate, please.

I did order a (Taco Bell) steak soft taco fresco style with no lettuce, but I was too chicken to order it without the tortilla.

I haven't been to a restaurant yet, only cafes.

Mostly my friends will have a meal, wine etc, and I just order a big Cappuccino and Water ....

At 8 weeks post op, I am still experimenting with different foods, at home :)

I am sure that there will be few eyebrows lifted, once I come out and start eating out .....

Great topic!

Thank you, Alex :)

Having Breakfast at a place with my kids, I ordered 1 piece of plain, whole wheat toast.

The waitress just looked at me puzzled?

I have to charge you for a full order ...

I know. It's OK. But just bring me out one piece, please. I won't eat the other one.

... brings me out 2 slices, buttered with jelly ...

I just couldn't bring you out one slice

I left a slice and a half

I would have sent it back. :)

Ha!

But I just wanted a couple bites of toast. That's it. One slice. I'll pay for two, but give me one. Really. It's OK. Don't feel bad.

It would have been funny, though, to send it back.

I love the look on the server's face when my honey and I tell them we will share a meal! He is a tall large guy and I am well...still not a little gal. We usually both get Water... I think they must think we are broke or homeless...lol At least they look at us that way...lol

My strategy is to order something I know I'll like as leftovers so I'll eat half and take the rest home. Or share something with my spouse though she tends to eat much faster than me and eats all the good stuff (meats, cheeses, sauces, etc.) first so I'm left with soggy bread or sauceless Pasta or nachos without toppings so that doesn't really work in my favor :P

I got my lap band patient card so if I ever have to go to a buffet at least I can pay the kid's price. It'll also help if anyone gives me grief for ordering a kid's portion of something if I want it.

Pasta with meat sauce - hold the pasta

went to subway ordered a scoop of tuna salad, no bread, no veggies. they were very nice about it and it was pretty cheap. I usually look at appetizers or Soups when I got to restaurants. If I have a friend with me we order one meal and split it.

I went out for lunch yesterday with my parents. I ordered a mushroom and swiss burger with no bun and no fries. They brought me a plate with a patty covered in cheese and mushrooms and 3 pickles! It was tasty and just the right amount.

I had to give my dad credit. He is really starting to get this. He doesn't set a glass for me on the table at home anymore and when we sat down at lunch yesterday, he told the server that there were 3 of us (mom was in the restroom), but we only needed two glasses of Water. I was so surprised I thanked him. :) The server still brought us 3 glasses of Water, but Mom drank mine! He's trying. He's really trying.

pam

I routinely "just have water" with my meals. Found if I don't the server constantly comes back to see if I need something to drink :P