Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery approved, surgery scheduled

I'm scheduled for a band to sleeve revision for May 11, and boy am I a nervous wreck! Seriously. Everything I am thinking, feeling, saying, is all 'normal' according to all the posts, but it still doesn't make me feel any less anxious. I've had to take more ativan than normal just to keep my heart from jumping out of my chest, lol. Uggggggggh! I'm praying that my surgeon will remove the band AND sleeve me in the same surgery, but he won't guarantee it until he gets in there and assesses the scar tissue. OMG, I can't even imagine going through this a second time, not to mention the MONEY involved.

On top of my surgery date, my dear husband is getting sleeved tomorrow morning! I feel like throwing up, lol. Prayers welcomed!

Good luck to both of you. Before you know it you'll be 2 years post-op and thinking, that wasn't so bad.

I was in the same boat 1 year ago. 2 in 1 surgery is no guarantee, but, if there was a complication that was very obvious, your doctor would have already told you that you needed to go the 2 surgery route. You'll do fine.

That is awesome that both you and your hubby will have the sleeve. I will lift both of you up in prayer that all goes well. Jake

Six days out now. It was rough! Had a hiatal hernia again too, so post op pain was very bad. Spent 2 nights in the hospital but at least I can say I am sleeved :) Thank you Jesus!

Welcome to the other side ! I wish you good luck. Please keep us updated.

I find this to be a very caring and informative community... But always take your doctors advice over ours!

@@Julie norton Thanks Julie! I was so freaking terrified. I can't even accurately describe how terrified I was. So glad it is over, lol.

Awesome! It does get better every day, hang in there. How is your husband doing? jake

SusanB55 how long did you have your band before revision? Glad it went well.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@@NoMoBand Hi Jake! He is down 17 lbs since his surgery on may 2! He is doing well with meeting his Protein and Water requirements. He is doing well with soft foods and I am longing to be on them as well. One more day for me☺

SusanB55 how long did you have your band before revision? Glad it went well.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Ten long years! I even did it twice, but that's another story, lol