Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will I be able to do this

I am 2 days off starting my pre-surgery liquid diet for surgery on the 17th of May....

Has anyone had thoughts go through there head at this point wondering if they will be able to cope with this all ....

I know I need this, and it hasn't been till now that I am left wondering if it will work :)

Oh......it will work.

It will most certainly work wonders if you allow it to.

All it takes is a desire and some effort on your part and it happens.

Listen carefully to your surgeon and follow their guidelines and you will profit tremendously.

I certainly wondered if it would work, if I would succeed, if it was the right decision, should I do this? I had been overweight so long I just couldn't see myself any other way than morbidly obese. I was afraid to hope. But I really, really was tired of my life like it was, and WANTED to lose weight. So I took the leap with a fear that it would just be another failed attempt at weight loss.

Something happened to me in the first few months. I saw success, and you know what they say about that - success begets success. I started to see that just maybe, it could work, even for me, a career fattie.

Fast forward three and a half years, and yes, it "worked." Actually, what happened is that I worked. The sleeve made it easier, and the metabolic reset that happens after WLS is a gift. It is up to us what we do with it. Some have greater success than others, and some have to work harder, but generally speaking, if you put in the work you will be rewarded!

I certainly wondered if it work, if I would succeed, if it was the right decision, should I do this? I had been overweight so long I just couldn't see myself any other way than morbidly obese. I was afraid to hope. But I really, really was tired of my life like it was, and WANTED to lose weight. So I took the leap with a fear that it would just be another failed attempt at weight loss.

Something happened to me in the first few months. I saw success, and you know what they say about that - success begets success. I started to see that just maybe, it could work, even for me, a career fattie.

Fast forward three and a half years, and yes, it "worked." Actually, what happened is that I worked. The sleeve made it easier, and the metabolic reset that happens after WLS is a gift. It is up to us what we do with it. Some have greater success than others, and some have to work harder, but generally speaking, if you put in the work you will be rewarded!

Thank you for this word of advice, you just described me to a tee. You really gave me hope. Thank you. Kim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I certainly wondered if it work, if I would succeed, if it was the right decision, should I do this? I had been overweight so long I just couldn't see myself any other way than morbidly obese. I was afraid to hope. But I really, really was tired of my life like it was, and WANTED to lose weight. So I took the leap with a fear that it would just be another failed attempt at weight loss.

"metabolic reset"???

Can you talk more about this, please?

I had the same fear. I had dreams that the surgery didn't work for me. I'm 2 weeks post op now and guess what? I've lost 14 pounds! I weigh myself everyday expecting it to go up but it never does! I'm still in shock about that. You can do this! I've tried everything to lose weight which I'm sure everyone here has done and the surgery works.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

if you work with it, it will work with you

I'm sure you will do great. Just remember it's not a magic wand. It only works if you follow the program

best of luck to you

I had the same fear. I had dreams that the surgery didn't work for me. I'm 2 weeks post op now and guess what? I've lost 14 pounds! I weigh myself everyday expecting it to go up but it never does! I'm still in shock about that. You can do this! I've tried everything to lose weight which I'm sure everyone here has done and the surgery works.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I'm already having these dreams and have a few months to go. :-(

I was afraid I would be the only person the sleeve didn't work for, because no matter what I did before I couldn't loose much weight, but if you follow the plan, it works.

hang in there. I think the first 2 weeks po are the hardest part. *head games* it's brutal.

I thought it wouldn't work for me either. You just have to remember that it requires a lifestyle change. It is something that you have to get used to and adjust to. I remember The first couple weeks after surgery I would have nightmares about eating pizza and other bad stuff.

I am 2 days off starting my pre-surgery liquid diet for surgery on the 17th of May....

Has anyone had thoughts go through there head at this point wondering if they will be able to cope with this all ....

I know I need this, and it hasn't been till now that I am left wondering if it will work :)

I start TOMORROW for surgery on 5/18... I been trying self talk, reading VSG books to get me ready for the pre-op diet... but I'm scared I might fail or I didn't shrink my liver enough... your not alone. The biggest thing having to go into work and small ppl leftovers in microwave.... I might eat in my car at lunch...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using the BariatricPal App