Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When will I stop regretting this surgery?

Bariatric legal pizza
Ingredients
One pound ground (raw) chicken breast - or 3 small boneless breasts, pulsed in food processor
½ cup grated Parmesan
1 cup freshly shredded part skim mozzarella - one cup shredded cheese is 4 ounces by weight
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Dried oregano
½ cup prepared Pasta sauce
Crushed red pepper flakes
4 or 5 basil leaves, rolled and sliced
Toppings - lets not go crazy with fat - I used Molinari very lean pepperoni in paper thin slices
Instructions
Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper or foil sprayed with non stick vegetable cooking spray.
In a medium bowl combine the ground chicken with ¼ cup parmesan, ¼ cup mozzarella, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ½ teaspoon garlic powder and ½ teaspoon oregano.
Mound the chicken mixture onto the parchment and pat into flat rectangle or disc. Cover with plastic wrap and evenly press or roll the chicken into a 7x10" rectangle or round. I use a rolling pin to get it very thin. Remove the plastic wrap and roast until golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
Smear crust with sauce, scatter with ¼ cup Parmesan, ¾ cup mozzarella, layer with toppings and season with a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes and ¼ teaspoon oregano.
Pop back into hot oven and cook until melted and bubbly 6 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and scatter with chopped basil Have your pizza.... this is bari safe :)

I am 11 days post op and feel thankful that I have not felt nauseous since the hospital....I had a very rough day but had sense enough to go for a walk with my dog....wasn't far mind you but it did change my mood.....once you can introduce new foods I think you will find it easier.... I am new to this as well this is just how I feel....but as well I am in medication for depression since I had my son 11 years ago, which started with post pardom and they strictly told me not to go off them.....which is one of my goals way way down the road....it is hard because we used food for everything happy sad bored....Friday use to be pizza night at my house for my son and I, I will not lie and say I wasn't upset that he got yummy pizza and I ate a yogurt lol....but later on I will be able to have pizza with him again just a healthier version....

I am very close to getting it and considered backing out... But to pros outweigh the cons 100-fold

Do you still feel like backing out? I'm so scared and keep thinking of it too.

I'm 6 days out and today was the first day I didn't regret getting the surgery. Yesterday, I cried most of the day. I wanted to give up and there is no physical way for me to give up at this point.

I'm hoping as I progress onto purees, soft foods, and ultimately unrestricted textures, I will regret the surgery less and less. I definitely was NOT prepared for what to expect post-op from the gas pain to the sensitivity to plain Water. I hope it gets better.

Boy, does the increasing capacity we have after being sleeved vary!

My capacity (at 20.5 months post-op) is at least a cup. But a cup is a lot less than I used to eat pre-op. I assume that's true for everybody else here, right?

Hubby's gone to pick up a thin-crust supreme pizza right now. (We do this about once a month -- used to be once a week, at least.) I'm going to eat two slices of it with a little grated parmesan on top. (EDIT: I turns out, I ate only 1.5 slices.)

Life and food doesn't suck for me. :)

But big caveat -- I did NOT eat like this during the weight-losing phases. For one thing, I couldn't. And for another, I didn't want to waste those first six months. I wasn't trying to break any weight-loss speed records. But as an older person I really wanted to use those months while my sleeve was healing and my restriction was greater than it would ever be again to get rid of some serious poundage.

And now it's all gone. :) :) :)

To the OP and other newbies here who are suffering through the first month ... this phase will pass. And then you'll have new challenges. And sooner than you know it you'll have lost all your excess weight and be agonizing about how to maintain your weight. And then you'll figure that out, too.

It's a process.

One day at a time. That's all you ever have to do. Good luck!

Don't back out... if you do.. then you stay overweight and at first it is hard don't get me wrong. I was scared... couldn't help but think why did I do this... Now 5 months out I can eat... normal food steak.. all meats Beans cheese are my main foods.... I even have a piece of bacon now and again... But its about changing eating habits... and portions... I weigh all my food and drink as much as I can... NO CARBS! I promise its worth it... anything I want.... at first I couldn't eat eggs Starting this last month I was able to eat them again :) it's not easy but once you get use to it, its not so bad... it was worth it I feel better pre diabeties gone... semi high blood pressure gone..... I look better and feel better can do stuff I would not have even tried to do before.

Do you still feel like backing out? I'm so scared and keep thinking of it too.

you might need to talk to doc. you are spose to be able to eat 4 ounces you could have a stricture thats preventing you getting the Protein you need please please talk to doc.... at 2 months you should be almost ready to eat regular food.... steak meats etc....

The info I was given to kick off the "maintenance" phase, says about 1 cup to 1&1/4 cup portion size.

I guess I've got a below average capacity. At 8 weeks a could barely finish 2 tablespoons and then I'd be stuffed for 1/2 day. Even a piece of string cheese was two meals. Now I'm 28 months out and have been maintaining below goal for over a year and a half. If it's mostly liquid (like soup) I MIGHT be able to finish a whole cup of something. But anything with any density, I'm limited to about 1/2 cup. I get in what I need by eating 6-8 times/day. This has been my max capacity and hasn't really changed since about 14 months out. THANK GOODNESS!

you might need to talk to doc. you are spose to be able to eat 4 ounces you could have a stricture thats preventing you getting the Protein you need please please talk to doc.... at 2 months you should be almost ready to eat regular food.... steak meats etc....

The info I was given to kick off the "maintenance" phase, says about 1 cup to 1&1/4 cup portion size.

I guess I've got a below average capacity. At 8 weeks a could barely finish 2 tablespoons and then I'd be stuffed for 1/2 day. Even a piece of string cheese was two meals. Now I'm 28 months out and have been maintaining below goal for over a year and a half. If it's mostly liquid (like soup) I MIGHT be able to finish a whole cup of something. But anything with any density, I'm limited to about 1/2 cup. I get in what I need by eating 6-8 times/day. This has been my max capacity and hasn't really changed since about 14 months out. THANK GOODNESS!

I'm a little confused.... Were your comments in response to my post? I assume so since it was quoted, but I am 28 months out, not 2 months. I can eat anything and everything with no problems, including steak, seafood, salads, and cheesecake ;) No pain, no nausea, no GERD, no vomiting, etc. I can comfortably eat 4-8 oz at a time, depending on the density. I get at least 60-80g Protein and 80-100oz fluids everyday and have since 5 days postop. Definitely no stricture, just great restriction.

To those who are regretting it.

You can't change it and these feelings WILL go away if you consider what may happen if you work your WLS. I have a stricture, I was nauseated for the first few weeks. I was dehydrated for a long time. I was stuck on purees for 6 weeks and couldn't eat "real food" until my 3.5 month mark. I slimed and foamed for my first year and I still vomit at almost three years out if I eat rice, potatoes or Pasta, or one bite too many. Feeling full is miserable and my meals are teeny.

I LOVE IT.

I am thin, I am healthy, I can do whatever the fluck I want to do physically. I can fit into any outfit that fits my fancy and look good. I can put ice cream in my cart (can't eat it, I dump) and no one looks at me with judgement. I am no longer the fat mom. I no longer have ouchy feet or knees. My sugar is no longer pre-diabetic. My heart is no longer in distress because of my obesity.

I rock. I am finally who I am supposed to be on the outside. I was always who I am on the inside and now the rest of me matches.

It's fabulous.

What is slimed and foamed?

Okay I'm due to get my sleeve in June and everyone is kind of freaking me out. I hope everyone gets to enjoying and loving their sleeve like I imagine myself doing so....

Sent from my LG-D801 using the BariatricPal App

From what I've read it's like when a baby spits up. It's not quite vomit, it just kinda foams in your mouth.

If I eat too fast or too much, it comes back a little in a slimy, foamy liquid that is quite nasty. I can't swallow it, it must be spit out (insert that's what she said jokes here) and it's in copious amounts (insert that's what he said jokes this time).

For me, it's often a prelude to a productive burp or an all out upchuck.

If I eat too fast or too much, it comes back a little in a slimy, foamy liquid that is quite nasty. I can't swallow it, it must be spit out (insert that's what she said jokes here) and it's in copious amounts (insert that's what he said jokes this time).

For me, it's often a prelude to a productive burp or an all out upchuck.

Are you sleeve or bypass? Thanks for sharing Ive never heard of this!

Sent from my LG-D801 using the BariatricPal App

I am new to this forum but had my sleeve on 4/8/16 and also regretted it at some points but like some said its no looking back now! Let me just say this, you are not alone and everyone's trials are different and the reason I say trials it's literally that! I can't eat somethings others eat right now like eggs or I get sick but we have to forge ahead! One way to hydrate is sugar free Jello and you can have sugar free pudding at some point.....We are like babies in the beginning having to relearn what to eat! Mentally we have to change our behavior to accommodate the reality of it! May this find you and give some comfort! As a father of 3 need to be around for my young ones, that's my goal!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App