Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self Payers in Florida

On 12/25/2018 at 6:54 PM, Lolo 2020 said:

I just had a sleeve done by dr Shillingford near boca on Thursday the 20th. Self pay for $10,500 and included 2 nights in hospital . I can’t say enough about how great the doctor and hospital were -I strongly suggest you consult with him. I flew down from NJ to do it and am totally happy with the outcome , walked 2.5 miles today and feel great , am 12 lbs down from last week . I hear nightmare stories about Mexico . Dr Shillingford created a special discount price just to keep self pay people from going to Mexico . Hospital is in margate. I did a consult over the phone

Lolo, were you able to do all of the pre-op at the same time? And how long between phone consult and scheduling was it? Sorry for all of the questions. :)

I had thought I was going to do in NJ so did a lot of the pre op in nj ( an endoscopy ) and allergy testing and bloodwork in nj. But think U could with ur regular doc at home . I had a phone consult with dr Shillingford in mid November and did surgery in mid December . Just had my dr send them the results

I also had to do a a stress year

On 4/28/2016 at 8:43 AM, purpleapple said:

Hello,

I am going to be self pay since my insurance excludes bariatric surgery. I am looking for a recommendation for a surgeon that was a good price and had a great experience. I am willing to travel North or South in FL.

In my area (Orlando) the average price for self pay is approx. $14,500. There is a surgery center that does the sleeve as an out-patient procedure. I am a little hesitation about that. It is around $10,500.

Thank you! 😃

Hello there is a surgeon here in Jacksonville FL that is around 12,000 board certificate 29 years he is amazing as my surgeon was not the greatest this sergon is adopting me and doing a revision for free cause the crap job that was done his name is Dr uchal

Go to de Shillingford in boca Raton ! $10,500 for everything , in hospital , great care ! I did a sleeve in December 2018 , am down almost 70lbs and everything went perfectly ! Very happy with outcome!

SchillingFord requires a 32 BMI and performs at a bariatric center of excellence. I was 30 so he was out. Dr. Wiseman missed two consultations with me and then called me from his personal cell phone in his car which pissed me off so he was out. I finally ended up at Riverside surgical center. There are two doctors they are in their prices are very reasonable. I went with radecke. P.m. me if you have questions

1955A5A6-DB46-4A0D-8C89-4CA145E484D2.png

You are coming from Jacksonville so Sebastian is much closer than Miami/South Florida.

Downside of Riverside surgical is that they are not set up for long-distance patients. I talked to surgeons all over the country when I was doing my research. Including Jacksonville. I originally went to Dr. Baptista. $16,000 no thank you. Anyway Riverside surgical is not advanced enough to have a local doctor run your tests and follow ups. This is been a problem for me. It is a six hour round-trip drive as you know so I’ve had difficulty getting down there.

22 hours ago, Everythinganna said:

You are coming from Jacksonville so Sebastian is much closer than Miami/South Florida.

Thank for the info!

10,500 for dr Shillingford Vertical Sleeve in Boca Raton is where I went. I had a friend take me from the Tampa Bay area. I bought her a hotel just in case I needed her. He does it in the hospital and the price includes all pre-OP testing, the surgery, 2 night HOSPITAL stay, all fees from the hospital, radiology swallow test and follow up for a year. I only paid for pain meds, zofran and antacids. Everything and I mean everything was included.

I did a phone consult, my dr sent him my records and I had the surgery 3 weeks after our phone consult.

I started at size 18/20 2XL 220 lbs. One year later I am 126 lbs, size 2 XS. I successfully eat Protein and veggies. I have some food aversions like Pasta and rice. I can't eat much bread. Everyone is different after the surgery. Avoid slider foods! Don't eat cream high fatty Soups after surgery.

I'm the bride on the left.IMG_05391.thumb.jpg.70b543a45855f68f67c8cc71ff639e04.jpg

Edited by GastricSleeve2018

Dr Shillingford is the best ! He did my gastric sleeve 12/18 /18 and I am down 70lb with no issues at all. Plenty of restriction , am 4 lbs from goal ! Love my tool!

Also, no complications at all. I am thrilled with the results and how fast everything went. I self paid due to my insurance excluding WLS. Even if they covered it, I would have had to stay in Tampa Bay and pay 7500!

Just now, Lolo 2020 said:

Dr Shillingford is the best ! He did my gastric sleeve 12/18 /18 and I am down 70lb with no issues at all. Plenty of restriction , am 4 lbs from goal ! Love my tool!

He only required the blood work and 2 weeks of the liquid diet. He also repaired a hiatal hernia and umbilical hernia for free.

Great doctor in Hudson, Fl. Dr. Fridley with Surgical Associates of Bayonet Point. He is a very caring, intelligent, and patient-centered doctor. Highly recommend. Takes most insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid. Also has some great rates for self-pay. The office also has a dietitian and support groups.