Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self Payers in Florida

Hello,

I am going to be self pay since my insurance excludes bariatric surgery. I am looking for a recommendation for a surgeon that was a good price and had a great experience. I am willing to travel North or South in FL.

In my area (Orlando) the average price for self pay is approx. $14,500. There is a surgery center that does the sleeve as an out-patient procedure. I am a little hesitation about that. It is around $10,500.

Thank you! =)

@@purpleapple - post this again with the self pay forum as well you may get some help there too.

I am in NE FL but I didn't self pay - good luck!

I did the self pay option for $10,500.00 Dr Beltre is an experienced surgeon. He's been doing this for over 10 years.

You have to qualify for outpatient procedure, mainly be low risk. I was out patient and everything went just fine, 5'2 starting weight 225, surgery weight 208, 3 days post op 200. You are discharged with instructions and you are given Dr Beltre's number if you have any questions or concerns. I too was concerned about outpatient since most people mention hospital stays but I did my research found it's not a wrong way of doing it.

Best of luck to you!

Sent from my SGH-M819N using the BariatricPal App

Hey man. I live in Palm City, FL just north of Palm Beach. I had surgery two weeks ago with Dr Paul Wizman in Margate, about an hour and a half south of me near Ft Lauderdale. I was self pay - $10,600.00. Overall the experience was great. I would absolutely recommend him, but know he is far for you. I did meet Dr Jawad when I was in college back in 2007 considering the surgery, but didnt have (only went to an info session).

Happy to answer any questions for you. Feel free to check out my blog, too :)www.thickto.fit

I did the self pay option for $10,500.00 Dr Beltre is an experienced surgeon. He's been doing this for over 10 years.

You have to qualify for outpatient procedure, mainly be low risk. I was out patient and everything went just fine, 5'2 starting weight 225, surgery weight 208, 3 days post op 200. You are discharged with instructions and you are given Dr Beltre's number if you have any questions or concerns. I too was concerned about outpatient since most people mention hospital stays but I did my research found it's not a wrong way of doing it.

Best of luck to you!

Sent from my SGH-M819N using the BariatricPal App

I live over in Tampa and have a consult with Dr. Beltre next month (will be doing self pay as well). I'm guessing you would recommend him?

Hey man. I live in Palm City, FL just north of Palm Beach. I had surgery two weeks ago with Dr Paul Wizman in Margate, about an hour and a half south of me near Ft Lauderdale. I was self pay - $10,600.00. Overall the experience was great. I would absolutely recommend him, but know he is far for you. I did meet Dr Jawad when I was in college back in 2007 considering the surgery, but didnt have (only went to an info session).

Happy to answer any questions for you. Feel free to check out my blog, too www.thickto.fit

Omg!! Dr. Wizman performed my friends procedure. Absolutely no complications. She was inpatient. He suggested outpatient for me. Which did you choose?

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using the BariatricPal App

Has anyone worked with Dr. Wizmans associate Dr. Taggar? I'm self pay and meet with him next week! What are the requirements of self-payers and how long does process take?

I was required to have a stress test and blood work, the 2 week diet prior to surgery. I used Dr, Choi he was awesome!

On 4/28/2016 at 5:43 AM, purpleapple said:

Hello,

I am going to be self pay since my insurance excludes bariatric surgery. I am looking for a recommendation for a surgeon that was a good price and had a great experience. I am willing to travel North or South in FL.

In my area (Orlando) the average price for self pay is approx. $14,500. There is a surgery center that does the sleeve as an out-patient procedure. I am a little hesitation about that. It is around $10,500.

Thank you! =)

I am in California and I am also cash paying. In my area its 18,000 out patient and thats a deal here, as it goes for $25k. I feel concerned with being sent home on day 1 as well

On 4/28/2016 at 8:43 AM, purpleapple said:

Hello,

Thank you! =)

I am also in the same boat . I am currently in Orlando, Florida . Have two doctors I'm looking at here and cheapest on I have found as self pay is $10,000+ as an out patient procedure . I was also considering going to Mexico but my whole family is totally against it.

Edited by Dixie02

Just now, Shelleyp42997 said:

I used a dr in Florida that price included a night in the hospital and he was an awesome dr.

Just now, Shelleyp42997 said:

I used a dr in Florida that price included a night in the hospital and he was an awesome dr.

Do you mind sharing his name so I can look him up please . Thanks