Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DS tomorrow morning

This is my first post but I've been reading the forums as I've gone through my prep for surgery. I'm having DS tomorrow morning in Raleigh, NC and am looking forward to continuing my journey to a healthier life!

Best of luck tomorrow!! As a fellow pre-op I'd love to hear all about it when you're feeling up to sharing. [emoji4]

Good luck!!! 5 weeks post op and loving it! Just remember to follow your eating regimen to a T. Don't push too fast to move to the next level of food. Before you know it you will once again be able to eat most things the rest of the world does.

Gas pain in the upper body is the worst- walk walk walk and walk the hospital halls as much as you can. When you get home, walk some more- even if it is to the corner and back every hour or two. I promise you it will make a HUGE difference in your recovery!

See you on the other side!

Oh- and make sure someone gets extra 1/4 cup and tablespoon measuring items. You're going to need them! Lol. I went to the dollar store and stocked up!

Mines is May 10.. I'm so nervous... I hadn't did much research..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the BariatricPal App

Hope it's going well.

I hope your DS went well. I had mine at the beginning of February and in that short amount of time went from wearing a 28W to 22/24. After a lifetime of seeing the weight and dress size spiral up, it is a great feeling getting to experience them going down. Like LisaMerg said "walk, walk, walk" and make sure to get in all your Protein. Be prepared to experiment with many Protein powders and drinks before you find the right one for you. That was probably my toughest challenge in this journey (I just found one I can tolerate without gagging a couple weeks ago).

Congratulations! I am just over a week post-op and getting all of the Protein in has been pretty challenging for me - especially with food allergies to a lot of the common Protein powders. But, I am feeling great! I hope you are doing well, and if any of those pre-ops want to ask me anything, I'm an open book. I'm also a sleeve patient (from 2008) and can tell you all about what NOT to do :)

Christy

Congratulations! I am just over a week post-op and getting all of the Protein in has been pretty challenging for me - especially with food allergies to a lot of the common Protein powders. But, I am feeling great! I hope you are doing well, and if any of those pre-ops want to ask me anything, I'm an open book. I'm also a sleeve patient (from 2008) and can tell you all about what NOT to do :)

Christy

Hello!! I was sleeved in 2011.. My surgery is scheduled for May 10th.. How long was your stay in the hospital?

I'm happy to say surgery went well and I just had my 1st post op appointment and things are going well. I'm still in need of pain meds as I can only sleep part of the night before waking up with some amount of pain. I go back to the doctor in 3 weeks to see if he'll clear me to go back to work. I'm doing well on getting the fluids and Protein the doctors expect at this point, although some liquids go down easier than others. I get some cramping with liquids at times and some random cramping.

I did have the worst gas pressure pains in my chest in the recovery room and the 1st night in the hospital was the toughest. I did walk as much as possible in the hospital and and getting walking in at home when I'm not needing a nap.

My weight is a few pounds above where I was the day of surgery. I know I was pumped up with a lot of fluids in the hospital as my blood pressure was running low. I'm eager to see the weight loss come, and I know it will in time as my body adjusts.

Thank you everyone for the support!

Renee

Christy

Hello!! I was sleeved in 2011.. My surgery is scheduled for May 10th.. How long was your stay in the hospital?

Hi there! I only stayed overnight. My surgery was around 9:00 AM on a Tuesday and I went home Wednesday afternoon. :) Good luck with your surgery!

My DS is Monday morning here in Raleigh. I'd love to hear more about your

experience. I'm having a hard time getting all the Protein in. I still

haven't found the right Protein Powder. Getting the Water in is easy but

wish I liked the Protein Drinks.< /p>

Anything, you wished you had at the hospital?

Didn't really need anything other than my clothes to go home. You could bring an iPad or phone with you as Rex hospital has wifi. You might want your own personal care items like toothbrush, toothpaste, hair comb or brush etc. I just wore the hospital gown and they give you an extra one to where like a robe for when you're walking the halls.

Edited by Reneekam

Hello, Sherry here in Maui, I was told from my doctor hes shooting for late July early August for my DS . Im trying to physically and mentally prepare for this lifechanging event in my life. I have a help durring my recovery time in place, I a week into my diet changes, Ive now cut out dairy and gluten and sugar as per my doctor. I see my nutritionist this Friday, Im gluten sensitive so some things I will need to still avoid. Ive ramped up my daily activities, walking a few miles a day.

Im looking forward to getting to know otheres here for support.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App