Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Trekkies out there?

Hey guys. I just bought my tickets to the Star Trek convention in Cherry Hill NJ. It is in August and I was wondering if anyone here might be interested in going and maybe meeting up while there. Maybe have a meal together or something

I'm laughing right now thinking about 40 of us converging on a restaurant........ the waiters will be mighty surprised by how little we eat......and how militant we are over not wanting anything to drink on our table....not even Water.< /p>

When I had my Hysterectomy last August, David and I watched all the different series and movies because he wanted to make sure I rested like I was supposed to :D

Huge Star Trek fan here. I have all of the series on DVD. Just can't seem to get my kids interested though.

Oh, but I am no where near NJ!

Huge Star Trek fan here. I have all of the series on DVD. Just can't seem to get my kids interested though.

Oh, but I am no where near NJ!

When I have kids I do hope they will give it a try. I have a friend who once said that Star Trek has taught his kids more about morality than religion ever did

I have to agree with your friend on that count. If you are not already a fan, check out Babylon 5. IMO, best sci-fi space opera ever put on TV are seasons 1-4.

You have to forgive the tight budget they had in the beginning, but there is no doubt that the acting and story arc blows away any of the Star Treks.

I have been wanting to give babylon 5 a shot

I also really love the new Battlestar Galactica

I always wanted to go to a Star Trek convention but could never find anyone to go with. Too bad it wasn't closer or I'd go!

I have to agree with your friend on that count. If you are not already a fan, check out Babylon 5. IMO, best sci-fi space opera ever put on TV are seasons 1-4.

You have to forgive the tight budget they had in the beginning, but there is no doubt that the acting and story arc blows away any of the Star Treks.

I love Babylon 5! David and I might have to find a way to rewatch that this coming winter.

The BF is a huge fan of the Star Trek series. We live in NYC so Cherry Hill is very do-able. I will ask him if he's interested and let you know. What are the dates?

Please notice my moniker. Maybe I like Star Trek a little. NJ is too far away for me. You go and enjoy it for those of us that can't make it there!

I have been wanting to give babylon 5 a shot

I also really love the new Battlestar Galactica

Oh man, I LOVED the reimagining of BSG! Until the writer strike. After that, they even admitted that they didn't know WTF they were doing. I hated the last season and the series finale was enough to ruin the entire show for me.

It all started so well too. Great mythos, seemingly one long story arc... ugh. I literaly ordered cable TV for that show and would cancel my service after the season end. I haven't had so much as an antenna hooked up to my TV since 2007 with the exception of that show until it's end. Even though I didn't like the last 1.5 season, I was already committed.