Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Estimated post-op weight loss chart

I went to my nutritionist this afternoon. I'm 17 days post op and down 15.5lbs, but no movement on the scale in days. In spite of everything I've read about the 3 week stall I can't help but get worried. She is a lovely woman--but blunt! She said "Knock it off. Your body will release the weight when it's ready. You will not stay at 228.8 forever. It will come off."

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

it doesn't match up for me. i lost 72lbs and i had my surgery oct 2015 so about 7 months ago. My starting weight was 232. 229 on day of surgery. I'm 160 now. but i work out 3 to 5 days a week and i don't eat carbs or sugar or alcohol or caffeine for the most part and i've been doing that since about month 2 from surgery.

On 4/25/2016 at 9:12 PM, Talaria said:

post-290199-14616366840086_thumb.jpg

I found this on Pinterest and thought it was interesting. Any feedback on its accuracy in terms of other's personal experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

This is great! I didn't really know what ti expect but this helps give me an idea of where I should be!

I used my weight day of surgery to determine which chart to follow.

10 days: I lost a pound less than expected

6 weeks: I landed within range

3 months: I lost 3 pounds more than expected

I am consuming lots of healthy calories (1200-1300/day), and don't exercise to speak of...

7 hours ago, TAMMY4933 said:

I'm 3 weeks out today and 30 lbs gone. But I can't eat. I'm still on liquid diet. I had severe complications from surgery.

This is spot on for me as well. Had surgery June 27 and I've lost just over 31 pounds but I had some bad complications as well which helped speed up the loss and first month seems usually to be the greatest loss

Seems pretty accurate for me. I was 271 day of surgery and I've lost 71 pounds in about 6.5 months. I also lost 30 pounds pre surgery so I'm down a total of 101 pounds but only 71 from the surgery.

This table is spot on for me. I don't know if I'm happy or disappointed. I'm 8 months out and 90lbs down. Very frustrated, it seems like I have been at a virtual stand-still for a couple of months now. Seeing that I'm withing the bounds of the chart gives me a little hope.

...Rev

2 hours ago, Revconguy said:

This table is spot on for me. I don't know if I'm happy or disappointed. I'm 8 months out and 90lbs down. Very frustrated, it seems like I have been at a virtual stand-still for a couple of months now. Seeing that I'm withing the bounds of the chart gives me a little hope.

...Rev

If the scale hasn't moved, and your measurements haven't changed for 2 months, this IS something to be concerned about. (The scale can hold still while your clothes get looser, so if this has been happening, then it's not a concern).

If you aren't near or at goal, then it's time to evaluate what you are doing and make changes to get things happening again.

Even though you are within bounds of the chart, your own loss (or lack thereof) is of more importance.

Here is the link to Pinterest. Hope it works.
http://pin.it/fbvoeuX