Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got sleeved in mid December. I am very happy with my current progress! I am just curious what an average calorie intake at this point is and what you eat for meals. I am just wanting some new ideas. And how much have you lost. Not comparing myself to anyone because I know everyone is different.

Stats: HW 308 SW 289 CW 218 10 more lbs until I have lost 100!! This surgery has saved my life!!

I also was sleeved in December. I'm able to get in about 700 calories (sometimes less and sometimes a little more). My nutritionist wants me to increase to 1000 soon. HW 331 - SW (day of surgery) 303 - CW 236.

Wow i got sleeved the 20th of april 2016 just 5 days ago... im excited altho having trouble getting my fluids in...any ideas? It seems like i can only do about 4oz at a time.

Stats: HW280, SW259, CW 250...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

Wow i got sleeved the 20th of april 2016 just 5 days ago... im excited altho having trouble getting my fluids in...any ideas? It seems like i can only do about 4oz at a time.

Just keep sipping. This was the hardest thing for me was Fluid intake. Just try Water many different ways with lemon or limes or orange slices. Crystal light became my friend. It was until month 2 that I felt normal again. It all been worth but it's been had its ups and downs. Good luck!

Just keep sipping. This was the hardest thing for me was Fluid intake. Just try Water many different ways with lemon or limes or orange slices. Crystal light became my friend. It was until month 2 that I felt normal again. It all been worth but it's been had its ups and downs. Good luck!
I use propel instead of crystal light. However i guess my issue is when to drink Water and wen to drink Protein. Both are highly important. Does Protein count toward water intake as well?

Also wats the best protein flavor. I seem to get a bit gaggy with vanilla...

I was sleeved on 12/29. The day of surgery I was 226. Today I am 179.7. For the most part I am happy with my weight loss. It has been a little slow the last month or so. My doctor keeps telling me to not sorry about calories so much and just meet my Protein and Water goals. The NUT through my surgeon is not the greatest so she hasn't been that helpful. I have done a lot of online research and been following calorie goals that I found. For another month I am staying under 800 calories. Most days I do about 700 calories but I have been getting a lot of help online saying my slow weight loss is because I need more calories or less gym time. I work out 5 - 7 days. Every other gym day I do weights and hour on treadmill, the others I just do hour on treadmill. Now that the weather is getting better I have taken up hiking so I have been skipping treadmill days for 4 mile walk outside. In the last week or so I have been upping my calories to account for the exercise but myfitnesspal still tells me I am not eating enough to lose weight. It can be very frustrating. In a few weeks I am supposed to up my calories to 1000 a day. I just found out my insurance allows us unlimited NUT visits as long as it is in network so I plan on looking for a new NUT that can help me get my weight loss back on schedule. As for what I typically eat every day, shake made with fat free Fairlife milk. lunch - 3oz of chicken, tuna or turkey lunchmeat. snack - laughing cow cheese with 3 -4 triscuits. dinner - 3oz salmon/flounder/shrimp or chicken/pork. Sometimes do turkey meatballs. dinner I usually add in a couple oz. of green beans/asparagus/carrots/brussle sprouts. A couple times a week if I still have room after the meat and veggies I will have a tablespoon of mashed potatoes or a few roasted potatoes or sweet potatoes. If I am going right to the gym from work I will do a Protein Bar or greek yogurt before I leave work. If I go to the gym later I will do that after my workout if it isn't too late. I always like to get some Protein in after weight training though. My diet is pretty much the same thing all the time.

made with fat free Fairlife milk. lunch - 3oz of chicken, tuna or turkey lunchmeat. Snack - laughing cow cheese with 3 -4 triscuits. Dinner - 3oz salmon/flounder/shrimp or chicken/pork. sometimes do turkey meatballs. Dinner I usually add in a couple oz of green beans/asparagus/carrots/brussel sprouts. A couple times a week if I still have room after the meat and veggies I will have a tablespoon of mashed potatoes or a few roasted potatoes or sweet potatoes. If I am going right to the gym from work I will do a Protein Bar or greek yougrat before I leave work. If I go to the gym later I will do that after my workout if it isn't to late. I always like to get some protein in after weight training though. My diet is pretty much the same thing all the time.

I was sleeved December 1st. My highest weight was 267 last June. I was 255 pre-op and I weighed 195 this morning. I'm hovering anywhere from 900-1200 which my surgeon and nutritionist both think is great. I only track my calories on the days I plan on having a drink or two or if I've eaten things that might be high in calories. It's near impossible for me to overeat so I just focus on my Protein and keep my sugar and carbs low.

Breakfast: An egg with a piece of turkey sausage

Snack: A cheese stick, or a piece of rolled up lunch meat with a slice of cheese

Lunch: Something like meatballs, fajita veggies with chicken, chicken salad with low fat mayo, etc

Snack: A Greek yogurt or a cheese stick

Dinner: Tonight it's Salisbury steak made with ground turkey and cauliflower mash

I refuse to stick to the "just chicken and veggies" thing. I had this surgery to give me my life back, not feel limited in choices every day. I get a lot of low carb recipes from Pinterest and see if I can lighten them up any further.

Like most people, I wish I was progressing faster but I can't complain at all about a 72 lb loss!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App