Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok who is currently on a preop diet?!

@@Katrinakit you can do it. You still have 11 more days. I didn't do so well myself. Not condoning slip ups but it happens. I am 3 days post op. Feeling I have better, doctor said everything went well, liver was still fat but he worked with it. That's all I remember lol.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That's why my surgeon doesn't make his patients do that diet. Not enough data to show that it reduces the liver that much.

I am on day 5 / 14. I have to consume 5 Health One shakes per day. I can have up to 3 bullion cubes (I mix them with my potato shakes and make them thicker so they mimic potato soup). I can also have sugar free and calorie free beverages. I've nibbled a bite here and there but tonight I gave in and ate a Happy Meal from McDonalds. Definitely not the most nutritional decision! I was down 12 pounds this morning (going into day 5).

I'm on the two week pre-op diet. I started 6/1 and can have 3 Premier Protein shakes and 1 cup of skim milk a day. My surgery is 6/15.

I'm on the two week pre-op diet. I started 6/1 and can have 3 Premier Protein shakes and 1 cup of skim milk a day. My surgery is 6/15.

We have the same surgery Date! :D

Sent from my SM-G920I using the BariatricPal App

Oops! No we don't, I'm getting excited and ahead of myself lol. I'm 7/15

7/15 will be here before you know it!

We have the same surgery Date! :D

Oops! No we don't, I'm getting excited and ahead of myself lol. I'm 7/15

7/15 will be here before you know it!
It will! :)

Day 7 of preop for me. I felt pretty cranky this morning when everyone was sipping their coffee together but me (I gave caffeine up at the same time) but am drinking hot herbal tea as a substitute. It's interesting how different these diets are.

Hi all- so 2 days post surgery now. And happy to say I'm feeling pretty great. The pre op diet really worked in two ways for me, other than the liver reduction, it helped me get rid of the "mind hunger" which is especially important given you can only have Water the first three days out. I hated the pre op the first week but really got used to it the second week in. I know this is only the start of my new life but feeling very positive. Good luck everyone.

I am on day 6/14 and in a much better place mentally than on day 2. Each day gets a bit easier and when I feel like it is rough I get on here and read posts and success stories and it helps a lot. We went out twice shopping this weekend and my husband got lunch and I sipped on my cup of Soup I brought with me. I wasn't even tempted by his fries. It helped that we were shopping for post surgery stuff.

Hi All, I just started week 2 of my 2 week pre-op diet. It is really interesting to read the differences between what everyone has to do. I am on a liquid only diet. I have 2 premier shakes a day and the bariatric pal Protein Soup for dinner. Days 3-5 were a little rough for me, but now I feel good and really excited for my surgery next week. I should also say that this is a revision surgery for me. I was sleeved in 2013. The first time I didn't have to do any kind of pre-op diet and now being close to round 2 and on a pre-op diet, I really wish they would have. Not that I believe that the results would have been different, but I really think it helps get you in the right head space for life after surgery. Good luck to everyone!!

i'm June 15th too and why did I just eat 2 chocolate clusters...OMG What am I doing? I have these protien drinks 4 times a day clear Soups, veggies and then I couldn't walk past my co workers chocolate clusters.....i'm so mad at myself. I'm really struggling here.....help

Hi! I'm having surgery 6/15, too! Normally my surgeon only does a 2 day clear liquid diet, but since I have non-alcoholic fatty liver I'm required to do it for 10 days. I stocked up on different herbs and spice mixes to make broth interesting for 10 days. So far, so good! I'm down 11 lbs.

@@oceangirlpc Don't beat yourself up, tomorrow will be better!! I have told my family that if they're eating something, don't take offense if I walk away. Someone placed bread in front of me last night, I literally passed the basket back! We're almost there :)

Three days into LS diet and it's been shockingly easier than expected. My diet is limited carb (under 110 grams) and 60 minimum Protein but 100 or more is encouraged. I love fish, and it's been an anchor early on. Good luck to all on our journey to better health.