Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are you MS folks?

Hi! I'm in Southaven.

Hi Don here.

If you have been reading this thread you know a lot about me. I'm the "Still waiting" person. I hope something will happen in June or shortly thier after.

Nice to hear from someone new. You said that your in Southaven, is that in MS.? I think I have heard of it. and your Doc is in TN., how did that come about.!!

I post mostly on the "NEW 60+" thread being that I'm 65.

Don

Hi all,

My doctor is Dr. Carroll from St. Dominick's, too. I had the surgery at River Oaks. The nurses there were absolutely awesome. Just the nicest...I just had my 3rd fill. It seems everytime I get a fill, I get bronchitis afterwards. I know it's not related, but it is puzzling. I live in florence, Mississippi. I've seen several people here from Brandon and Puckett. We're practically neighbors.

Don,

Have you had your surgery yet? I've been looking for your news...

Hi all,

My doctor is Dr. Carroll from St. Dominick's, too. I had the surgery at River Oaks. The nurses there were absolutely awesome. Just the nicest...I just had my 3rd fill. It seems everytime I get a fill, I get bronchitis afterwards. I know it's not related, but it is puzzling. I live in florence, Mississippi. I've seen several people here from Brandon and Puckett. We're practically neighbors.

Don,

Have you had your surgery yet? I've been looking for your news...

No, not yet. I'm waiting for Medicare to approve CMMC to do the surgery. It should be approved any time now.

I have to use FBC/BS and Medicare to have it done. I was going to go with Dr. Carrol also but Medicare takes for ever to approve a hospital. "IF" River Park is still trying to get approved by Medicare, it will take well over a year from now.

I have been going to the CMMC support group meetings the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7:00PM. Very nice people.

Don

Don't give up, Don. It'll happen. I wish insurance companies would wake up to the fact that this procedure is necessary for some of us that need to lose more than just a few pounds. In the long run, it gets rid of so many medical conditions it just has to be a money saver in the long run. I don't understand why it has to be so difficult. My husband needs the procedure, too. He is diabetic and has other various medical concerns. The top of my refrigerator just teems with meds he's on. I plan going to his next doctor's appointment to see if there's anything he can do to help in the process. And of course to see if his insurance will help pay. Mine would not since I am a teacher.

Anyway, good luck. We'll keep you in our prayers that soon you'll get your chance.

Howdy,

Went to the monthly support group meeting (2nd Tuesday of the month) and found out that CMMC in Jackson, MS had to REsumet again to recieve the "Seal of Excelents" for a couple minor things. So, should not be much longer before the approval. Lets hope not.

I'm finding out that some people have been waiting upwards of a year, if not more to get thier Date for surgery, so I don't feel so bad but it's still hard waiting. Sence I first found out about the LapBand and up unto now, it's been about 7-8 months sense I first started the jurney, not just the 1st. finding out about it..

I have been thinking of going up to Oxford, MS. to check into seeing how long it would be for me to have it done. It's a 3 & 1/2 Hrs trip one way and my wife can not drive on Freeways. Also, it seems that CMMC will not take much longer, might just leave things as is.

Until next time,

Don

hello, im in vancleave,ms just banded on 5/12/08 still looking for a support meeting to attend in ocean springs do u know one

As you might have read, I live in Puckett, MS about 25 miles S/E of Jackson, MS I don't know anything about the Ocean Springs area. I post mostly on the "New 60+ thread". Your welcome to post there also, you don't have to be 60+. , but I keep an eye on the two MS thread I found. I go to the support group meetings at the CMMC hospital, the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM.

Don

Hello - It's been quite a while since I've been on the boards. I was banded 17 months ago and have lost about 55 pounds. I still have a ways to go so I guess I needed a little boost. Hopefully reading the boards will keep me on the bandster straight and narrow.

THis thread does not seem to be very active, but people pop-in now and than. I post mostly on the 60+ thread, it's very active over there. As I said before, you do not have to be 60 to post over there. Everyone is welcome.

I just had my psych evauation & Annual physical. Waiting for my appointment with Dr. Cleveland. Things look like it will realy happen this time.

You said you were banded 17 months ago, how has it been going for you? It's just getting started for me. Things are just started happening for me and have a lot of things to look forward to.

I'm going over to the 60+ thread now and see what's going on over there. I have not been there for almost a month.

Exciting & nervious time for me right now, :lol:

Don

I'm Don's wife. He has a date for Lab-Band on the 28th of this month, (10/28/2008! ) Don had a call this morning and boy it's going to be a busy time! Next week on the 14, 15th, and the 16th, things are planned. Don will go into this more. We're getting so excited and I'm nervous! I don't sleep well and have health problems. I need for Don to loss weight and I'm sure I'll loss because he won't be tempting me with goodies!

We both have been lossing weight of late also. I know we can do it!

The hospital is CMMC.

Nina

Well gang, I finished all my Pre-op stuff and now I'm on the pre-op Diet.

Morning: Protien drink

Water

Noon: regular food; low fat, low cals, small portion

Water

Dinner: protien drink

water

If I'm still hungery before bed time; more protien drink.

Lost 8 lbs already.

So far, so good, just waiting for "the big day".

Don

Only 5 days to go and I'm on the Pre-op Diet and already have lost 10 lbs. Realy suprised me. The Clear liquid diet well be the hardest for me, as far as I know. Have to be on it one day before & four days after, than go to Full liquids.

Not much more to report, just hanging there.

Don

I changed my Avatar picture and added two pictures to the Picture & Album link. I don't know how to put a picture to this area or anywhere else.

Don