Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VSG with Dr. Alejandro Lopez in Puerto Vallarta 12 May 16

Good day everyone!

I've heard so many good things about Dr. Lopez-Ortega. I don't have a LOT of weight to lose compared to some (about 60 lbs), but I need to. I'm on 3 different blood pressure meds, and on Metformin for high blood sugars.

I'm 51 and a bit terrified and excited all at the same time! I'm hoping to glean lots of information from VSG veterans :)

Edited by Boujie

Welcome Bouj!

Hi Bougie

So interested to read your post. I am also hoping to have VSG in P V with Dr. Lopez. Am a failed lap-bander and have approx 50 pounds to lose.

Wishing you all the best and would love to hear of your experience.

She's in surgery now.

Her surgery went well!

Hi Helen! Sorry it took me so long to reply...been so busy!

ALO Bariatrics and Dr. Lopez is AMAZING!

The hospital in Puerto Vallarta is San Javier, and it is pristeen. You even get a private suite and shower, etc. The room has a sofa if your partner wants to stay with you.

We were picked up by Dr. Leo at the airport, and he takes you to the Paradise Village Resort & Spa (it's part of the package) and paradise is right! It's right on the beach. Everything you need is on the resort. The morning of the surgery, Leo picked me up in the lobby and took me to the hospital (it's literally a 5 min drive) and I registered. My surgery was at 1:00 pm, he picked me up st 11:00 for pre/op (bloodwork, EKG, IV). They (nurses) come to your room to do this. They then wrap your legs in compression bandages. A resident comes in for your medical history (medications, previous surgeries, etc). Then you are wheeled down to the OR. You will meet Dr. Lopez and the anesthesologist (who is very funny and handsome..so is Dr. Lopez...wow!) Different peeps will ask you sbout your medications, I was sick of it lol.

Then you are wheeled into the OR, scoot onto the gurney, he tells u when he's sedating you, and BOOM..you're in recovery. They gave me a shot of morphine, and I felt no pain at all. They will give you analgesics and antibiotics at regular intervals thru your IV the whole duration of your stay. You will spend the night, and in the morning, you go down to radiology for your leak test by CT scan. Both Dr. Lopez snd the anesthesiologist are there with you (I am assuming it's because if there is a leak, you have to go back into surgery immediately). You drink 2 separate gulps of a clear, bitter liquid and you get to watch it on a large screen. Pretty cool! Once you get the all clear, you can drink Clear Liquids. Discharged at 4:00 pm, Dr Leo takes you back to the resort. Anakaren (nutritionist) will come and see you before discharge to give you

Meds and instructions. We enjoyed walking, lying on the beach, etc. We stayed an extra day. Oh yeah, u will have a drain. Dr. Leo will come to your hotel room and remove it. He picks u up at the hotel, and takes u yo the airport to fly home. Very impressive and seamless!

I feel FANTASTIC!! No nausea, nothing. Go for it!

Ps - we loved the resort so much, we're going back in the new year for vacation. It is stunning!

Hi Bougie! So happy to hear that all went well for you and that you had a greT experience. Your wonderfully detailed description of events has been all I needed to re-assure myself that Dr.Lopez is an excellent choice.

Just one more question, if you don't mind; how many people were having surgery the same day as you? I'm quite familiar with the area where the hospital, hotel and spa are located as I have family who live in PV. Just beautiful. Thanks so much again for your update, would love to hear of your progress going forward. All the very best to you.

It was just myself and another lady, Karen.

I would recommend ALO and Dr Lopez wholeheartedly!!

Thanks Bougie. I hope to be able toget this done within the next three months....fingers crossed! Will for sure use ALO Bariatrics with Dr.Lopez.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Ps - we loved the resort so much, we're going back in the new year for vacation. It is stunning!

Oh, nice to hear the story!!

Let me know the resort and price!