Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Out There August 2016 Sleevers!

Best of luck to you

I just received my surgery date...August 15th! I am very nervous but excited. My scheduled pre-op appointments are:

July 7th-Mandatory Nutrition class

July 19th-EGD/Blood work

August 12th-Pre-Admission Testing

August 15th-Surgery

We had the same, exact, timeliness! How are you feeling, and doing? And, I am unsure of how to read responses, here. So, if I don't respond, it's because I have yet to figure out, precisely, where to see the responses. Hope you're doing well!

Sent from my STV100-1 using the BariatricPal App

Best of luck to you on the 25th.

I can't figure this App out very well.

I had my sleeve surgery 8/15. Started my pre-op diet 8/1

Collectively I'm down 15#s. My first goal is 20# for Aug.

Since day 3 post op, I have been able to get my Protein down but still struggling with Water. I also walk most days but won't be more aggressive in my work out anytime soon. Still in recovery. Surgery isn't easy.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi Cameron1209. My doctor is Westmoreland. I'll have my surgery at Baylor Dallas. I live in Plano and have heard that Nicholson is great. My insurance did not cover him.

Note to self: I don't have to take this day all at once but rather one step, one breath and one moment at a time. I am only one person.

I had sleeve surgery 8/18. I started Protein Drinks yesterday, had my first taste of creamy Soup today. I've been very fortunate - no nausea and no problems to speak of. I noticed yesterday that my skin and underneath in the fatty areas feels all smooshy and flabby and soft. I supposed that is fat melting away and I should Celebrate but I'm a little freaked out about it. It's just weird and I guess I'm anxious about my body changing right before my own eyes. And THAT is taking me by surprise! #calmdowngirl

Hello!

I was sleeved on the 24th. Doing pretty good, no real pain except some gas pain this weekend (which was killer).

I am tolerating liquids and purees per my dr's instructions.

I had sleeve surgery 8/18. I started Protein drinks yesterday, had my first taste of creamy Soup today. I've been very fortunate - no nausea and no problems to speak of. I noticed yesterday that my skin and underneath in the fatty areas feels all smooshy and flabby and soft. I supposed that is fat melting away and I should Celebrate but I'm a little freaked out about it. It's just weird and I guess I'm anxious about my body changing right before my own eyes. And THAT is taking me by surprise! #calmdowngirl

I totally know how you feel. I've seen the same in my body, everything seeming softer or looser. It's weird, like becoming deflated.

HW 341 lbs

07/19/16 - 298 lbs

08/09/16 DOS - 286 lbs

CW 269 lbs

I think these are the good problems to have. Best of luck to you.

Congrats glad to hear all is well.

I had my GSV done on August 24th. Been home a few days now. Experiencing some pretty bad nausea and diarrhea.. I am eating okay a little more than they say I should. I have had dumping twice. Cannot do anything with real sugar in it which is fine but I can't wait to be able to eat some savory foods. I am sick to death of this sweet (artificial sweeteners) in the shakes and the yogurt and the everything else you can eat post surgery.

You can have savory items. Don't eat dumplings!!!! That's probably what's making you nauseous. If you want to direct message me, please do, and I will give you several ideas of Safe, yet Savory foods.