Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 4/16/2016 at 8:03 PM, BigViffer said:

I put this in the Guy's Room only because I don't think the women will care.

I finally got to ride my motorcycle today for about 3 hours instead of just down the road and back. I have a 2010 VFR1200 sport touring bike. Don't let that touring part fool you, a VFR is not an "old man's" bike:

post-252425-0-25169300-1460861890_thumb.jpg

Anyway... This bike has 170 hp and 100 ft/lbs of torque. Do you know what that feels like when you take off? It feels like someone is trying to push you off the bike. Now imagine that you weigh 120lbs less than when you bought the bike! Now it feels like someone is trying to pull my arms out of my shoulders!

But seriously guys, riding the bike is so much easier now than it was just last year. When you aren't trying to force 330lbs through a sharp corner things are a lot less scary. First of all, your tires have better traction. Second, it's like going from 2-up riding back to 1-up.

Can't wait to start racking up the miles this year!

Oh, and if you ride - post a pic. Doesn't matter what you ride as long as your knees are in the breeze.

I know this is an old thread. But I have a Ducati multi 1260. 158 hp. I am pretty stoked to see what it feels like.... I havent riden this year since I started this process. Gonna be fun when I get back on.

Hoping to ride this week. Almost 4 weeks out and am itching to ride.

20200405_120913.jpg

I have been wanting to learn to ride for many years. I have an old Honda 250 that was my father-in-law's that my 18-year-old son rides, but I didn't want to get on it when I was heavy. Now that I'm a bit smaller, I am taking the Motorcycle Safety Course this weekend and will get my license endorsement. I'm looking forward to finally doing this.

IMG_1227.thumb.jpg.cc4d16298f4ce7e12c869e2522693b4c.jpg IMG-1228.thumb.jpg.cbf7392e0feb368cec75fd771c135520.jpg

On 12/11/2020 at 1:22 PM, billho said:

I have been wanting to learn to ride for many years. I have an old Honda 250 that was my father-in-law's that my 18-year-old son rides, but I didn't want to get on it when I was heavy. Now that I'm a bit smaller, I am taking the Motorcycle Safety Course this weekend and will get my license endorsement. I'm looking forward to finally doing this.

IMG_1227.thumb.jpg.cc4d16298f4ce7e12c869e2522693b4c.jpg IMG-1228.thumb.jpg.cbf7392e0feb368cec75fd771c135520.jpg

You're going to love it. Good luck and be careful!

Ride safe brother

59 minutes ago, bufbills said:

You're going to love it. Good luck and be careful!

Ride safe brother

my class got canceled last weekend after the instructor wasn't feeling well. Fortunately, they were able to squeeze me into the class this coming weekend. So, delayed by one week. I did, however, go to the local college stadium parking lot on Saturday and practiced some basic riding and got the feel for it. I never got over 35 mph, but it was fun and I didn't hurt myself.

Never thought about how different my ryde will feel after the weight loss. The "Comet" is pretty fast even with my fat butt on it now. Something to look forward to for sure.

spyder.jpg

I definitely have the bug... I have been riding my CB250 Nighthawk every chance I can, even in freezing temps. Yesterday, I pulled the trigger on a "new" to me 2002 Honda Shadow VT1100c. It needs some maintenance before I can take it on the road, but it won't be too long.

image.thumb.png.369fa052a055f6d26cd422ae60285482.png

Edited by billho

3 hours ago, billho said:

I definitely have the bug... I have been riding my CB250 Nighthawk every chance I can, even in freezing temps. Yesterday, I pulled the trigger on a "new" to me 2002 Honda Shadow VT1100c. It needs some maintenance before I can take it on the road, but it won't be too long.

image.thumb.png.369fa052a055f6d26cd422ae60285482.png

Thats going to be a fun bike. Enjoy and ride safe!

I took my first weekend trip on a motorcycle this past weekend. Since the Honda Shadow is still in the shop (needs a new fuel pump and back tire), I rode the CB250 Nighthawk about 1 1/2 hours away to a weekend retreat with a bunch of guys from my church. The trip there was 40 degrees and windy, so by the time I got there, I was a popsicle. But, the ride back was 65 degrees and sunny, and perfect for riding.

One thing I have to mention- the guys I was with I hadn't seen since before the pandemic, so they only knew me as the fat nerdy guy that I've always been. So when I showed up 95 lbs lighter with a full beard, wearing a leather jacket (and a COVID mask) and riding a motorcycle, some didn't even recognize me.

And the most important thing was that I had a group of guys that I was working with in a small group all weekend and a 23-year-old kid said I was "cool". I don't think that's anything I have ever heard in my adult life as a fat guy.