Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all August 2016 sleevers!

Yay! So fun to see so many August Sleevers! It is going to be great getting to know all of you :)

So, quick update on my journey.

Yesterday I had my chest xray, my upper GI, my bloodwork (they took 13 vials!!!!), and my appointment "0" with my nutritionist.

Unfortunately, my upper GI uncovered an anomaly that they think may be an ulcer.

This definitely throws a wrench in the spokes. They are having me set up an appointment with a gastro-enterologst. Apparently he usually books 1-2 months out. Once I meet with him, he will schedule me for an endoscopy (another 1-2 months out) to determine if there is in fact an ulcer. If there isn't, my surgery can go on as planned (if it isn't already delayed at that point). If there is an ulcer, I have to have it treated for several months before they will do the surgery. This could potentially push me into the next calendar year, which would mean I would have to pay my OOP max again.

I feel like crying. Just a little.

But, I have plans. I have already ordered some aloe juice and am going to be drinking it like it is going out of style. I don't honestly think I have an ulcer (I have NO symptoms), but on the off chance that I do, this aloe juice should clear it up before the endoscopy.

I am also going to ask my doctor for a Urea Breath Test. This will show whether the bacteria H. Pylori is living in my stomach. If there is no H. Pylori, there is no ulcer. Hopefully that would convince him to not make me do the endoscopy and could save me months of waiting (and lots of money too).

We shall see.

Anyway, rant over. How is everybody doing today?

Sorry to hear you are finding a bump on this journey hopefully is nothing and you can go ahead as planned, it's probably nothing If you don't have the symptoms crossing my fingers for you.

I had my labs done today they only took 5 viles of blood not too bad, also had my xray done . I have to call back tomorrow for an appointment to get the upper gi and I was also required to get an ekg. As far as a dietitian I haven't seen one yet the surgeon said they might be able to put in the ones I had a few years ago and the times I've seen him so Idk yet if is enough and when they will submit to the insurance in the mean time they have doing all the testing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

oh no MamaRhea! I will be hoping you get a quick appt and can be back on track for this year. I can't imagine hitting the OOP max for 2 years in a row. Ouch!

And that brings up a concern I've had. My surgeon waits until I've done 3 months of dieting before doing the upper endoscopy. If they find something that late into this, that will be frustrating. Why can't the upper endoscopy be done much earlier in the process?

Anyway, wishing you well!

I think I'll be an August sleever Evelyn from Bridgeport Ct my weight stared at 244 I'm at 234! I'm eating 3 times a day no snacking I walk a lot and I'm looking forward to see everyone's journey ????????????????

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hello !! Friday 7/8/16 is last appointment and my file will be submitted not sure when they will schedule my surgery with Dr Peters but I pray it will be in August 2016

Look forward to talking with all August sleevers

Hi all, Im Megan, 31 in Vermont and I'm having VSG on August 1st! So excited :)

Since staying intouch here seems a bit difficult, and based on talking with others in another thread, I've just created a closed Facebook support group called "BP August 2016" if anyone wants to join (you just have to do a search for it). All posts will be private which I know is important.

Hopefully you join and we can all support each other and cheer one another on in an easier format for connecting! :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Hi everyone, I am known as Ms. Vee from Memphis, TN. I am scheduled to have my surgery on 8/3/16 which makes me nervous and excited at the same time.

Hi everyone, I am known as Ms. Vee from Memphis, TN. I am scheduled to have my surgery on 8/3/16 which makes me nervous and excited at the same time.

Hello MsVee, im also fromMemphis, TN. My surgery is Aug.1st. Im excited and nervous at the same time. Who's your surgeon?

Sent from my SM-G925P using the BariatricPal App

Just found out my VSG will be August 10th. This is right after my 33rd Birthday and I couldn't think of a better gift! So excited, praying for all my fellow August sleevers!

IG: @charlesburkley

Surgery is scheduled for August 25th! I am ready, scared, excited, and ready again.

I'm right at the end of the month, but my surgery is scheduled for August 29th. After all of the pre-op certification and then expecting to wait for Horizon to make a decision, the turn around ended up being quite fast. I started the pre-op liquid diet on Monday and had my ENDO yesterday. I'm excited and nervous for the whole thing.