Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

C-Section vs. VGS surgery

Ok ladies,

Those who've had a c-section...which is worse? I survived a c-section and it really wasn't that bad. Surgery is scheduled for June. Just trying to psych myself up and prepare for the unknown :-)

I had the same question before I had my surgery. I have to say the c-section was worse that the sleeve. Good luck!

This is so funny because I having 3 c-sections asked the same question and everyone told me c-sections were much worse. On the day of surgery I woke up in horrific pain. The only thing I kept saying was "they said it wouldn't f**king hurt!!" Over and over again and my recovery nurse guy kept saying "who said that?!" I said everyone. I was soooo mad!! He gave me something in my IV that knocked the pain out within a few minutes. Recovery was not easy for me at all. The first 2 days I was in the hospital and went home on the 3rd day. I finally called my surgeon and told him the pain pills just weren't cutting it. I actually cried and I don't cry. He gave me a stronger narcotic and after that I was fine. I don't know why mine hurt so bad? I just had a TT and breast lift 9 days ago and they say a Tummy Tuck is horrific but I woke up in no pain and only took pain pills for 48 hours. It's a mystery to me. Hopefully yours won't be painful like mine BUT just know with all the "it's not that bad" that for some of us it was bad! Now with that being said to have the results I have now and new lease at a new life I would do it all over again 100x! This new body is completely worth all I went through. Good luck!!

C-Section was much harder due do larger incision and staples pulling with each step. Laprascopic Sleeve was much easier for me right away though getting up was difficult the first night, just kept up on pain doses on schedule for 2 days the only at night for a few more.

VGS was worse for me, but still not too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I think my c-sections were worse. But the surgeries are very different. VSG the pain is up high so I thought getting in and out of bed and walking was easier. No middle of the night feedings during recovery was also a plus.

For me pain was about the same, but I had Nadia and vomiting with the VSG. That I didn't have with my C-sections.

For me the c-section was much easier! I remember waking up in pain after my sleeve. I was in my hospital room telling the nurses. I got plenty of pain meds for 2 1/2 days in the hospital. For me the pain lasted 2 plus week!s! After my c-section I did not take any pain meds. Everyone is different!

Edited by LadyK44

Id say they are comparable. I remember asking at support group before my surgery "is this like having a baby, no one tells you the gory details because the reward out weighs the pain?" I'm only two weeks and three days out and today was the first day I could bend down to pick something up off the ground. Still a little pain from internal stitches which is similar to some of the pain I remember from after csections.

This is so funny because I having 3 c-sections asked the same question and everyone told me c-sections were much worse. On the day of surgery I woke up in horrific pain. The only thing I kept saying was "they said it wouldn't f**king hurt!!" Over and over again and my recovery nurse guy kept saying "who said that?!" I said everyone. I was soooo mad!! He gave me something in my IV that knocked the pain out within a few minutes. Recovery was not easy for me at all. The first 2 days I was in the hospital and went home on the 3rd day. I finally called my surgeon and told him the pain pills just weren't cutting it. I actually cried and I don't cry. He gave me a stronger narcotic and after that I was fine. I don't know why mine hurt so bad? I just had a TT and breast lift 9 days ago and they say a Tummy Tuck is horrific but I woke up in no pain and only took pain pills for 48 hours. It's a mystery to me. Hopefully yours won't be painful like mine BUT just know with all the "it's not that bad" that for some of us it was bad! Now with that being said to have the results I have now and new lease at a new life I would do it all over again 100x! This new body is completely worth all I went through. Good luck!!

Agreed

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

Gas pain doesn't "sound" that bad.i was completely unprepared for the reality of it.there was no gas pain with my c-section.never felt anything like that in my life.but now that it's all over.....WORTH IT

Edited by elaina831

I'm 5 days out, and waking up from the sleeve was worse than being awake for the c's. I even said waking up from the anesthesia that it wasn't supposed to be harder than the c sections. But overall I feel like recovery is about the same. Both my c's were fairly easy recovery and with this sleeve I'm feeling pretty good. I've been driving since Thursday, haven't taken pain meds since hospital. I don't feel too lethargic, and keeping up with those now 5 & 6 year old c-section babies, I just don't have time for discomfort lol.

I've had 2 cs and for me, the sleeve recovery is much easier. With a c section there is all that Fluid and hormonal stuff, this doesn't. HOWEVER. I still have that "falling out" feeling when I stand up- the feeling where my tummy is gonna just go "bloop" and pop out of my body. Quite a visual huh? :) I agree with a lot of the posters who where in for unexpected pain. We are all smart, read, ask millions of questions and there are still things that take you totally by surprise. I think it's better that way sometimes.... The worry can be worse than the actual event. Take care and be well all!!!