Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vacation season...What are your plans?

I would love to hear about your vacation adventures this year. I'm always looking for new places to explore.

I'm home from a memorable 25th anniversary road trip with my husband. ( 8 days in a car and we did not kill each other :P ) Route 66, Las Vegas, Grand canyon and Tombstone. Indulged in alcohol and expensive restaurants. Still in love with my man!

Enjoyed a pool party in Las Vegas. I was comfortable showing skin with the help of a few cocktails.

Our anniversary dinner was at a french restaurant. I had escargots for the first time.

Hiked areas of the grand canyon.

A six pound gain in 8 days. I'm kind of shocked that was all I had gained. I was very naughty.

My next trip, I hope will be a bit unusual and away from tourists. :)

Anything with water! Cruise with hubby, neice and nephew in June. Planning an all girl trip to camp out and float a river in June also. We are spoiled girls, so will take a camper or get a room... have to have AC and toilet, lol! Hubby and I will most likely also take a trip to New Braunfels to go tubing or rafting, we do every summer! Will be so much more fun at this size!!!

We just got back Monday from a three week vacation in San Diego! During that trip we also spent 4 days in Las Vegas. We did SO much - the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, the Birch aquarium, at least ten different beaches, artist markets, lots of eating out, exploring the desert and mountains at Red Rock Canyon outside Vegas, swimming and hot tubbing, and a ton more. It was just a whirlwind of amazing, fun, and beautiful experiences. And now I'm back in cold, rainy Rochester NY. :'( Still, it's been an amazing three weeks. San Diego, particularly Ocean Beach/Newport, is my favorite place in the world. I have family there and I plan on moving there when I finish school.

Edit: also, I suspect this is because of all the walking we did, but I somehow managed to lose 9 pounds on vacation, despite eating a LOT of cheat foods and generally relaxing, officially cementing this past month as the best month ever. :P

Edited by Cervidae

Last year we had a big trip (southeastern Europe) and our annual camping trip. This year, just the camping, in Big Sur, my happy place.

My vacation this year is going to be the whole month I take off to have surgery!!! :). Lol

Went on a 7 day cruise to the Western Caribbean with my wife last week.

We had some fun and I certainly enjoyed the hot tubs, pools, bars and beaches. Good eats, too.

I enjoyed the bars too much, though.

MGpQeuzl.jpg

The next vacation will be to take my son and his girlfriend down to the Harry Potter them parks this Summer for a couple days.

Not sure what else will come up.

I won't be having surgery until Sept/Oct. :-( This July we are spending a week at Lake Winnipesaukee NH. We spend time there every Summer (my boyfriend's family has a house there) but this year we are renting a house with my parents and hopefully other family. I'm also taking the week of Memorial Day off to do some gardening and planting flowers and to just have a staycation at home.

My husband and I are going diving in shark cages with Great White Sharks in July for our 20th anniversary. We are taking our family to Glenwood Springs to go hiking, ziplining and ATVing.

Decided this would be my Summer to do things I never would have done because I was too heavy.

I'm going to Cocoa Beach Florida at the end of May (driving from Indiana with a toddler so I'm a little nervous about how that will go). We're stopping in Georgia to go on the Walking Dead tour and I'm excited! Cocoa Beach has been our family vacation spot for many, many years and it's one of my favorite places ever :)

We're planning a cruise for the winter. Still trying to decide between Royal Caribbean and Carnival for the ship... will spend a couple days in Orlando and take our son to Disney World for the first time so that'll be exciting!

Otherwise, I'm just looking forward to warm weather back in the Midwest so I can go hiking, pontoon boating, picnicking, and enjoy the outdoor pool again. Summer is my absolute favorite season.

Edited by needtorecover

I have beach time planned for July.............. I always go home to Northern Michigan.......... North Bar Lake..... sleeping Bear Dunes.......... Sunsets in Frankfort over the big lake........... climbing Bammer Mt...........walks in the woods on my family farm............. #bliss.

Edited by Christinamo7

Most of my summer will be spent mostly training for a super sprint triathlon (August) and a marathon in October. I may have to do some weekend road trips to find new places to bike, run, and swim, but nothing specific yet. Otherwise, I am going to Montana for a week with my parents and some from their church to do servant event projects at a reservation. It looks like I might be making the road trip alone and picking my parents up in Montana to bring home so it will be an adventure no matter what!

pam

I have my 40th class reunion this summer back home. I went back for a wedding of a classmate and someone I had known since we were 5 years old and a few classmates were also there so some know of my weight loss but some haven't seen me since the last reunion when I was 80 pounds heavier. :)

I'm going to Cocoa Beach Florida at the end of May (driving from Indiana with a toddler so I'm a little nervous about how that will go). We're stopping in Georgia to go on the Walking Dead tour and I'm excited! Cocoa Beach has been our family vacation spot for many, many years and it's one of my favorite places ever :)

We're planning a cruise for the winter. Still trying to decide between Royal Caribbean and Carnival for the ship... will spend a couple days in Orlando and take our son to Disney World for the first time so that'll be exciting!

Otherwise, I'm just looking forward to warm weather back in the Midwest so I can go hiking, pontoon boating, picnicking, and enjoy the outdoor pool again. Summer is my absolute favorite season.

I've done alot of cruising. Royal Caribbean is a better line than Carnival.

Big doings in June. Taking a family cruise from NY to Maine and Canada. The itinerary is not what's important. It's that all but one niece will be there. My sons, wives and their children. My folks, siblings and their families. Twelve in all. That's what I'm looking forward to!

going to a dude ranch in Canada in September. My BFF and I went to Colorado in 2014, and Wyoming in 2012, had so much fun. I was banded in 2013 so the Colorado trip was easier on my body . I am looking forward to going to Canada too. We are flying from Florida to Montana and going to Glacier Nat'l Park then driving to Canada to spend a week on the ranch. We have two other gals going with us so it will be a great old gals gone wild week.