Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

no energy and alot of weakness

23 days out, a lot of weakness and no stamina, got things that need doing. am I rushing it or are my carbs way too low. any thoughts would help please.

I would evaluate your Protein and Water intake. Make sure you are getting at least 70g of Protein in on a daily basis. The protein is what gives you energy. It's so important!!

The other thing I will tell you is that sometimes it takes a while for your body to adjust. I didn't wake up after surgery feeling great. It took me about 2 months to get back to normal and to have energy again. Even though you only have a few little incisions on the outside you just had a major surgery. Your body and mind need time to adjust.

23 days out, a lot of weakness and no stamina, got things that need doing. am I rushing it or are my carbs way too low. any thoughts would help please.

Having same issues . 2 weeks out some days I can hardly get through

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

At 23 days (or 2 weeks for the previous post), you are still awfully busy on the inside, recovering from major surgery. don't kid yourself cause you only have teeny incisions, there was major work involved. And your intake of calories is low. Combine the two, it's no wonder you haven't any energy.

it's possible your "carbs are way too low". Surgeons differ widely on their postop recommendations re: carbohydrate, but your brain relies on carbohydrate alone for fuel. You need SOME carbs.

I'm six weeks out today. I went back to work April 11. I still don't have my usual energy level, but I do notice with time and with the gradual increase in calories recommended by my surgeon (she wants me at 600-800 until week 8, then 800-1200 after that) that it's improving. This week is the first few days I haven't needed a nap after work + 1 hr. commute.

Rest when you need to, and give your body time to heal.

I'm four weeks out and still have foggy moments. I'm getting enough Protein but almost no carbs. After eating the Protein I just don't have room for carbs. Can anyone give me some ideas on good carbs to try. I'm still limited to certain foods but that should end in a few more weeks.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Thanks for the info. I know I can't seem to get enough protien shakes in . Or Water . I'm trying . On my feet at work all day long commute .

Anywhere at work you could take a short nap at work? If I can put my head down for a half hour I feel so much better. Could you go to your car and set an alarm?

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

I was told that I needed to up my starches a bit and it did wonders for my energy in the morning. I really on my ½ packet of oatmeal with a couple of berries.

I haven't had surgery yet and I have read where several are saying they wake up and don't know where they are at times , This being after they get home? That puzzles me, some that has experienced this could you explain this a little more , Is it the pain meds or does this surgery really mess with our memory?

I realize these are older posts, but they give me hope that I am not alone in feeling so tired all the time at weeks 3 and 4 in my recovery - - - - I am 59, with Fibro, chronic fatigue and chronic pain. I knew it would take time, and my Dr told me it would take longer for me then most of his patients (which I thought was wonderful of him) but I was beginning to think, "What the heck man"?!?!?! Now with the holidays approaching, I am going to be toast all season!

I was one of the people who did not get more energy. It took me a full year to really recover. I still don't have a lot of energy, but my stamina has increased.