Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Liquid Diet... Does it get easier?

I am not required to do liquid only, but 1000 calories per day is getting very easy now. I spent the first three days miserable and grumpy with a huge headache, so it is hard to believe the difference in one week. Now I am not even tempted!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Well today is day 6 and the calories aren't a problem anymore (have to stay under 800 and usually end around 715) but I do have quite the headache this morning. You really just miss food and get so tired of drinking everything. 9 days till surgery! @@SweetCin72 I do hope your headaches pass soon!

@@B_D Might be allergies ... do you have anything to take like Claritin or Zyrtec?

Stay strong with your pre-op diet - I look forward to watching your journey (while I wait my never ending 6 month supervised diet required by my insurance). :-)

Thank you @@KristenLe - it could be. I am very leary to take anything even if over the counter, I had a reaction to prescribed medication back in December and it has turned my life upside down and caused an enormous amount of health problems which is what actually led me here. I am still not back to myself. So I will just drink some black coffee and hope it goes away. That is a possibility though. It is pouring rain here this morning.

Awe, I hope the 6 months passes quickly! It seems so long!

It really does at the time but it will be over before you know it B_D!

Today is day 2 for me and I have to be on this a month. I hope I can do it! I'm so tired. I'm not supposed to have caffeine so I am trying to drink extra Water in hopes that it will give me energy and I am putting my Protein powder into Decaf coffee in the mornings so I have a mocha ;)

Luckily, my diet is not as extreme as some. I get 5 Optifast drinks a day and then 1 meal with 3 oz of meat and 1 cup of veges, 1 tsp olive oil, and 1 small fruit. So I am really consuming like 1100-1200 calories per day but it is still really hard for me, especially when I think about the fact that this will last a month. I worked yesterday and today and then will work tomorrow and Tuesday. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing to be working the first few days. On the one hand, I have less time to think about it, on the other hand I am tired and wish I could nap!

Good luck everyone!

Kat

Oh @@Katrinakit a month! I'm sure it will get better as your body (and mind) adapts. Haha I have been adding some ice and coffee to my chocolate Protein drink in the mornings along with a few drops of hazelnut or caramel flavoring (0 cal, no sodium or sugar) and it's like a treat of iced coffee in the mornings! We have to get creative here lol. I agree with work, next week will be my last before surgery and it does keep my mind occupied ... Aside from everyone around me eating at their desks! :)

Today is day 2 for me and I have to be on this a month. I hope I can do it! I'm so tired. I'm not supposed to have caffeine so I am trying to drink extra Water in hopes that it will give me energy and I am putting my Protein powder into Decaf coffee in the mornings so I have a mocha ;)

Luckily, my diet is not as extreme as some. I get 5 Optifast drinks a day and then 1 meal with 3 oz of meat and 1 cup of veges, 1 tsp olive oil, and 1 small fruit. So I am really consuming like 1100-1200 calories per day but it is still really hard for me, especially when I think about the fact that this will last a month. I worked yesterday and today and then will work tomorrow and Tuesday. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing to be working the first few days. On the one hand, I have less time to think about it, on the other hand I am tired and wish I could nap!

Good luck everyone!

Kat

Ohhhb im jealous. My diet is longer than yours and you get more Protein Shakes

Well, it's Day 7 of the pre-op liquid diet and I thought it was getting better but this has to be the worst day yet. Feeling like I could actually pass smooth out. :(

Hey B_D, I had super bad headaches a few days ago and realized I needed more Water. That definitely helped me. We are getting there. Yeah!!

Thank you I will try that. I had some different Protein this morning with a little more sugar and that seemed to help as well. What a ride this is! Halfway there!

Well, it's Day 7 of the pre-op liquid diet and I thought it was getting better but this has to be the worst day yet. Feeling like I could actually pass smooth out. :(

Ohh nooes !! :'( Hang in there! Pull up sleeve before and after pictures to help you keep your eyes on the prize! You are halfway there!!

Good luck to you Andrea, we are getting surgery just one day apart! I agree it is mostly psychological, I am really just mad today that I can't have food lol. Here's to day 5!

Yay!! I've got less than a week. I'm on day 7 and I'm sleepier and moodier than ever, lol. But, I'm trying to stay positive and trying to refrain from eating a slice of my coworkers' birthday cake, lol!

Yay!! I've got less than a week. I'm on day 8 and I'm sleepier and moodier than ever, lol. But, I'm trying to stay positive and trying to refrain from eating a slice of my coworkers' birthday cake, lol! We can do this!!! I know it! We're too close now to give up. Just think, in just a short time we will be sexier and healthier than ever! ;)