Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Liquid Diet... Does it get easier?

Im on day 4 of mine, and my memory and patience are gone. Im also really emotional :/ Im not craving food like I was up until yesterday, though, but this fatigue and moodiness is awful. Im kinda worried that this is what the weeks after getting the sleeve will be like for me. I dont want to feel like this.

Awe, Bethany I am right there with you so if anything, know you are not alone! I am just starting Day 5 today and trying to keep a positive outlook however 9 more days seems soooo long! It is however single digits so that's something! :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you MamaRhea! We will be pulling for you when you are in our boat as well :)

Edited by B_D

I am in the same boat! I started my pre-op diet Tuesday and although it has gotten easier to endure, I'm also craving everything! Foods that I normally wouldn't pay much attention to before now look AMAZING, lol. I'm sure that is purely psychological. My surgery is scheduled for April 25th! I'm so excited, yet I'm also finding it hard to get through the days with such little energy. I am taking Vitamins. In fact, my surgeon suggested prenatal Vitamins to give me an extra boost, but I haven't felt much of a difference. I'm hoping it gets better also! Good luck to you!! We'll be on the loser bench together!

Good luck to you Andrea, we are getting surgery just one day apart! I agree it is mostly psychological, I am really just mad today that I can't have food lol. Here's to day 5! ????

I am just starting day 4, and today I feel miserable, I keep reminding myself this will get better.

I suppose that's all we can do! When is your surgery scheduled?

I was sleeved on Mar 22 and the surgeon did NOT require that I be on a liquid diet. They simply advised that I was not to eat anything after 11pm and I was first up in the morning for surgery. I can tell you that it is a good idea atleast where I am sitting. I ate a huge supper the night before and I had horrible consequenses. The surgeon said there was still alot of food in my stomach when he got in there. He said he had to clean all that out before he could do the sleeve. I had 5 incisions but the one he took the contents out of and the stomach out of got infected. So bad that they had to open the incision back up. Now I have a wound about 2 inches long and 1 inch deep (It has improved, it was worse at first). My reason for telling you this is so that you will embrace the idea knowing that you probably wont have the complication I had. Youre going to be on a liquid diet after surgery so get used to it for a little while. It will all be ok honey. Just keep your eyes on the goal. Good luck!!

@@B_D actually…yes! It gets easier. It never gets easy, but it does get easier. As the others said, you will soon get used to it – or at least less used to the foods and habits you’re giving up. Plus, your body will start to get used to the diet so you can function a little better. And your motivation should be pretty high…you’re getting surgery! Good luck with the pre-op diet and surgery, and let us know how it all goes.

Surgery really wasn't my choice... I have entertained the thought, however I've been having stomach issues for approximately 30ish years which left my stomach in shall I say a mess, the surgeon that I've been going to is the same one that does WLS. He suggested I have the surgery to prevent the regrowth of the foreign cells he previously removed. BTW I also need a hiatal hernia fixed. However now that I have this option I've decided to go with it, I'm so tired of losing and regaining this weight that I believe it's time it's gone for good.

Edited by jeanettep

Surgery really wasn't my choice... I have entertained the thought, however I've been having stomach issues for approximately 30ish years which left my stomach in shall I say a mess, the surgeon that I've been going to is the same one that does WLS. He suggested I have the surgery to prevent the regrowth of the foreign cells he previously removed. BTW I also need a hiatal hernia fixed.

It wasn't my first choice either but this is where I am so I decided to go forward. Sounds like it's certainly a good option for your situation. They are also fixing a hiatal hernia for me as well. Hoping it doesn't add too much more pain or recovery to the procedure.

I'm on day 4 (I started a day early)and I've had a bad Migraine since the night of the 1st day and today the nausea and diarrhea started. I could deal with the hunger if the headache would go away! I've read to drink more but idk how much more dining I can do!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Does your doctor require you to cut out caffeine @@SweetCin72 - could that be the problem? I wasn't required to but I tried to cut caffeine the first day and nope wasn't happening. Had some black coffee the 2nd day and the headache went away. We are giving up so much at once I think I'll just tackle caffeine another day :)

I'm supposed to cut out caffeine but I haven't completely yet. I've been allowing myself 1 Co of coffee a day because then my K-cups would run out on Sunday and I'd still have over a week before surgery. I tried to wait the Migraine out but I broke down and took some Advil a few hours ago. It still not gone completely but I can open my eyes without feeling like my heads going to bust.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

My pre op diet isnt purely liquid, but its for 5 weeks. I have two Protein shakes or replacements (Optifast pudding or bar etc) unlimited low starch veg and a meat Protein portion a day. It has been really hard but its gotten easier. Its around 800-900 calories a day

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Edited by eclecticwingtips