Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wanted to let you know I am going to the same Doctor and I am also experiencing horrible delays with the office failing to submit paper work for insurance authorization. I have been told a couple of times that my paper work had been submitted yet I wait and wait. This has gone on for weeks. I have to thank you because it was reading your post that prompted me to call my insurance company .This week I learned that I had been lied to on more than one occasion and my paper work had never been submitted. It finally happened this week and the insurance company told me I would probably hear something next week. I am very frustrated and considered changing surgeons. I think that would delay things even more. Dr Chin has a good reputation. I have complete confidence in him as a surgeon. It is the office staff I am concerned about.

I am sorry you are going through such difficulty, but I thank you for opening my eyes. As I read your post I felt like I was reading my own story. Hopefully we are both close to getting a surgery date.

I really like Dr. Chin and Dr. Moy (Moy is actually my Dr) but the office staff is just horrible. I am lucky that I can see my authorizations online thru my insurance website and thats how I knew the first submittal was incomplete. It took me a full week to even get Gina on the phone (after MANY emailed and messages) and she seems so bothered by me calling.

I see my correct submission now and like you hope to hear something by next week.

I debated changing surgeons but also worries it would delay any progress I had made.

BUT...that being said I am glad my post helped someone else advocate for themself. Who knows how long we would all be waiting if we left it up to their office staff.

Lets hope for surgery soon and smooth sailing from this point forward.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Shanni1269

Still waiting. I called and insurance says 5-7 business days to process. So even though I know I have to hear something by Friday I still log on and check it like 7x per day.

I was APPROVED!!!!! So excited. But I found out that the coordinator for my Dr. is also the scheduler and if anyone has read my posts she isn't the easiest to work with and not the nicest person.

Wish me luck for a surgery date soon...

still no surgery date...still no call from tje surgeons office to tell me Im approved...STILL WAITING

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I'm going through Kim Bariatric in Dallas. My last class was 4/5 and I am STILL waiting for my secondary insurance to approve. Every time I try to get an update, I have to jump through hoops to reach my coordinator. At my last class, I was told I should have a surgery date for May, June at the latest. The entire process has been a pain and I'm almost ready to just say forget it. I'm sorry that you have been waiting this long. Waiting stinks! :)

Surgery scheduled for 6/6/16.

Hang in there! Its worth it in the end!! Plus you get to be a part of the amazing support system after you have surgery with Kim Bariatric. I am a patient there too and I'm very happy with choosing them! I'm 4 years out.

I'm going through Kim Bariatric in Dallas. My last class was 4/5 and I am STILL waiting for my secondary insurance to approve. Every time I try to get an update, I have to jump through hoops to reach my coordinator. At my last class, I was told I should have a surgery date for May, June at the latest. The entire process has been a pain and I'm almost ready to just say forget it. I'm sorry that you have been waiting this long. Waiting stinks! :)