Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have completed ALL of my requirements and have turned everything into the surgeons office. He says now they have to put a packet together to submit for insurance approval.

How long does it take for them to submit? I know they have to put the best possible packet together for the highest chance of approval. However, I have very little faith in my surgeons office staff as they are pretty slow on EVERYTHING. What did others experience?

I know I have to wait for insurance to approve, I just hope I don't have to wait a very long time for them to submit.

It only took a few days for my doctor to put the package together for the insurance company. I got approval from the insurance company two days after they got the package. I don't know if it was because I was such a good candidate for the surgery or not. Good luck.

It only took a few days for my doctor to put the package together for the insurance company. I got approval from the insurance company two days after they got the package. I don't know if it was because I was such a good candidate for the surgery or not. Good luck.

That's great. I hope I have the same luck.

I called my insurance yesterday asking if they got the packet, they said yes and that it was under review and today I got the approval call. Not sure if my call helped or it what.

Erika.....

My dr submitted my packet to insurance on a Friday and it was approved by Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My surgeons office submitted yesterday, I called today and the insurance company (UMR UHC) said they hadn't received it.

Hoping for a quick turn around! :)

Excited for you, keep us updated!

So I see the Referral in my Health Records on line. However, It shows "incomplete" as the status.

I am so anxious...I think I have looked it up 7 times just today to see if the status changed...lol.

So come to find out the surgeons office submitted a referral. However, it is incomplete. The referral dept at my insurance says they forgot to put in a code and a location. When I asked the surgeons office they said they are waiting on pathology results from a biopsy from the endoscopy. The gastroenterology office says that my endoscopy results were normal and no biopsy was taken as it wasn't needed. AND they Endoscopy results were faxed to the surgeons office stating those results.

So moral of the story...they are waiting on something that they will never get because it didn't happen and I have to sit here and wait for....well nothing.

I am beyond frustrated as I have done EVERYTHING that I can possibly do to get this referral process started. If I could submit for my own authorization I would.

i have called. i have emailed. i have faxed. and i have messaged over the web access and noone from the office will get back to me. The submission to insurance still shows as incomplete....I really hate the silent treatment along with the waiting game.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

It is so frustrating to have our futures in the hands of other people. Specially when the office staff is inept. I have my final appointment with my surgeon next monday, and I pray that all my paperwork will be in order when they send it in. Good luck to all of us!

It is so frustrating to have our futures in the hands of other people. Specially when the office staff is inept. I have my final appointment with my surgeon next monday, and I pray that all my paperwork will be in order when they send it in. Good luck to all of us!

That is exactly how I feel.

If I were you I would drive over there and stand and watch someone send what needs to be sent.... You're paying them a lot of money.....they work for you!!

i have called. i have emailed. i have faxed. and i have messaged over the web access and noone from the office will get back to me. The submission to insurance still shows as incomplete....I really hate the silent treatment along with the waiting game.

If I were you I would drive over there and stand and watch someone send what needs to be sent.... You're paying them a lot of money.....they work for you!!

I am at that point. If I do not hear something by tomorrow I will be at that office and it won't be pretty.

I'm going to check in for anyone with UMR (UHC) looking for info!

Finished my supervised diet and submitted to my surgeon last Monday. I called Optum's Bariatric Services center on Wednesday and they hadn't received any of my clinicals. Spoke with my surgeons office yesterday (Monday) morning and there was confusion as to where my clinical paperwork needed to be faxed. It turns out there is a separate fax line for the bariatric service center.

So, she was able to get everything faxed to the right line yesterday and we're good to go! Got a call from my Optum case manager today and she said "So, unofficially congratulations! I've never seen a case get denied after this point, but! It can happen." I'm really excited and now just waiting for the letter :)

She said I'll know with a letter before she or my surgeons office does, unless UMR decides to call my surgeon.

Here's to the last stretch of the pre-approval portion!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by GranadoM74

so 1 week later they finally resubmitted for insurance approval....so now my wait begins.....AGAIN

Edited by Shanni1269