Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Killian's Gastric Sleeve Journey

Quite a few thyroid members had similar experiences with their Thyroxine levels getting too strong with each major weight-loss, and complaining of not sleeping, or doing housework at 3 am .....

So, definitely for you to have this surgery once you're retired sounds like a very sensible plan.

It is so tough to try and work when you had only 2-3 hrs sleep.

Thankfully I have not been working for a while, so my many sleepless nights only made me tired, and not stressed.

Yes, I hope to get my levels corrected soon, although it takes 6 weeks to really notice a diference.

Fingers crossed!

And if you ever need support, or have questions, please post or PM me @@Killian

I'll be happy to share my experiences with you.

Back in the saddle again. Recently, New York state passed a Bill allowing Veterans to buy back their military time as credit...it was a battle fought since 2000 or so and finally the Governor signed it into law. Anyway, long story short, I bought back time and will be retiring in Sept 2017 instead of September 2020! So, I put the surgery on hold for a year so I can have it while retired and not have to worry about taking time off, answering questions and all that. I feel waiting until retirement will give me a greater chance at success because I will be home and not have to worry about eating Breakfast and lunch at work...Plus I can concentrate on eating right and working out without having to worry about getting up at 3am for the 4am train.

I see my Bariatric Doc on St Paddy's Day. (Very fitting for this Irishman). All is still a go.

Finally finished all the insurance requirements- 4 months dieting, 2 support group visits, pulmonologist clearance, cardio clearance, etc.
Today, I finally got the call to come in and neet with the surgeon to schedule a surgery date.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using BariatricPal mobile app

So, now that it is real, I am starting to get a bit nervous. Suddenly, "if I do this" has become "when I do this". Starting to feel like I should be counting down how many days I have left with my stomach. Like, as if I am going to miss him.

Bariatric office called today to inform me that they recieved the insurance approval! It's official now!

Skinny is coming.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:57 AM, breprih said:

Congrats on the surgery date! You are going to do great!

Thanks!! Hope you are right!

I finally retired from my job (at age 43!) and now can focus on my surgery and new relationship to food. Surgery date is still October 10th and sometimes I feel like I don't need the surgery and I can loose on my own. But then remember all the times that I have failed and it is time for a new weapon in the Battle of Weight Loss. I keep going over in my mind about all the food I will have to give up because of Sleeve, but these are foods would have to give up without the surgery anyway, so the end result is the same: have to eat right and the Sleeve is a powerful tool to accomplish that feat.

Just bought a whole bunch of stuff from the Bariatric Pal online store for the liquid diet phase. I want it in the house for when I get home from the hospital.

Getting real...

Edited by Killian

I finally retired from my job (at age 43!) and now can focus on my surgery and new relationship to food. Surgery date is still October 10th and sometimes I feel like I don't need the surgery and I can loose on my own. But then remember all the times that I have failed and it is time for a new weapon in the Battle of Weight Loss. I keep going over in my mind about all the food I will have to give up because of Sleeve, but these are foods would have to give up without the surgery anyway, so the end result is the same: have to eat right and the Sleeve is a powerful tool to accomplish that feat.

Just bought a whole bunch of stuff from the Bariatric Pal online store for the liquid diet phase. I want it in the house for when I get home from the hospital.

Getting real...

I can relate and Congrats on retirement and your SX (surgery) date! Im a USN Corpsman vet myself. Amazon boxes are arriving in droves at my house. I recently resigned from my position at work to focus on my "battle". My SX date is 10/28/17, Im excited and apprehensive too. WE CAN DO THIS!

2 hours ago, Sherry Rice said:

I can relate and Congrats on retirement and your SX (surgery) date! Im a USN Corpsman vet myself. Amazon boxes are arriving in droves at my house. I recently resigned from my position at work to focus on my "battle". My SX date is 10/28/17, Im excited and apprehensive too. WE CAN DO THIS!

Hello fellow Navy Vet and fellow October Sleever! We can do this! E can win this battle. I too recieved 2 boxes from Bariatric Pal Store today! Got some liquid diet stuff for when I get home from the hospital.

Onto Battle shipmate!

Hi pal, it is normal to feel that way... all you can do is follow the liquid diet before surgery to help out Doctors during process... You are gonna be fine, always follow Doctors plan pre-post surgery.... you will not regret it, and you will be dropping pounds sooner rather than later.... best of luck in your journey!
You can do this [emoji869]

1 hour ago, Back2fit said:

Hi pal, it is normal to feel that way... all you can do is follow the liquid diet before surgery to help out Doctors during process... You are gonna be fine, always follow Doctors plan pre-post surgery.... you will not regret it, and you will be dropping pounds sooner rather than later.... best of luck in your journey!
You can do this

Doing just that! - following the liquid diet. Surgery is 6 days away. Thank you so much for the support!

2 hours ago, Killian said:

Doing just that! - following the liquid diet. Surgery is 6 days away. Thank you so much for the support!

Surgery is so close Killian! FX all goes well for you!