Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week post op.

Sorry, they should be visible in my signature right under each post. Maybe you can't see the link unless you're on a tablet or computer.

The weight loss has been good. That, eating and maintaining are part of the beauty of the DS.

Edited by Postop

Sorry, they should be visible in my signature right under each post. Maybe you can't see the link unless you're on a tablet or computer.

The weight loss has been good. That, eating and maintaining are part of the beauty of the DS.

That's why I picked it just wanted to hear it from a real patient

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

Sure thing. Any questions or help I can give , feel free.

I had RNY gastric bypass surgery whereas you had gastric sleeve. I take a lot of Vitamins and will do so for the rest of my life. But only one of my Vitamins was a chewable. I was also told do not use the gummy vitamins. So you may want to check with your nutritionist before you make that change.

After surgery, I lost the ability to swallow anything medium to large, so most of my vitamins either had to be split or crushed in order to swallow them. After about 2 months this problem went away and I regained my ability to swallow.

From my perspective all Protein shakes taste terrible. But after surgery I had to take them because the Protein that I consumed from food was so minuscule that my body would be damaged if I didn't. Your protein daily requirement is met by a combination of the protein obtained from protein supplements combined with the protein from meals. As my meal volume increased (over the next 1 1/2 years), I was able to decrease my reliance on Protein Shakes because I concentrated on consuming high protein meals. I went from 3 protein shakes a day, down to 2, then down to 1 and finally none. The important point here is you don't have to like your protein supplement; you just have to tolerate it. I used Muscle Milk Light (Vanilla Creme) blended with Water and added a half a banana to give it better flavor.

Hi Family, I am 9 days post-op SIPS procedure. I've lost 14 pounds and I've actually grown to love my protein shakes! I use EAS vanilla and it tastes really good mixed with Water. Good luck on your procedure and you will not be sorry!

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

I had RNY gastric bypass surgery whereas you had gastric sleeve. I take a lot of Vitamins and will do so for the rest of my life. But only one of my Vitamins was a chewable. I was also told do not use the gummy vitamins. So you may want to check with your nutritionist before you make that change.

After surgery, I lost the ability to swallow anything medium to large, so most of my vitamins either had to be split or crushed in order to swallow them. After about 2 months this problem went away and I regained my ability to swallow.

From my perspective all Protein shakes taste terrible. But after surgery I had to take them because the Protein that I consumed from food was so minuscule that my body would be damaged if I didn't. Your protein daily requirement is met by a combination of the protein obtained from protein supplements combined with the protein from meals. As my meal volume increased (over the next 1 1/2 years), I was able to decrease my reliance on Protein Shakes because I concentrated on consuming high protein meals. I went from 3 protein shakes a day, down to 2, then down to 1 and finally none. The important point here is you don't have to like your protein supplement; you just have to tolerate it. I used Muscle Milk Light (Vanilla Creme) blended with Water and added a half a banana to give it better flavor.

Hi Family, I am 9 days post-op SIPS procedure. I've lost 14 pounds and I've actually grown to love my protein shakes! I use EAS vanilla and it tastes really good mixed with Water. Good luck on your procedure and you will not be sorry!

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

What is sips

It's a modified form of the DS. Dr. Roslin of Lenox Hill Hospital in NYC is one who does it.

I was told only chewables for the first 3 months. Thank goodness. I had the Bariatric Advantage ones and they were so gross. I stay away from the gummies...they have sugar and some have up to 50 calories. No thanks!

I was told only chewables for the first 3 months. Thank goodness. I had the Bariatric Advantage ones and they were so gross. I stay away from the gummies...they have sugar and some have up to 50 calories. No thanks!

I just got the s.f. gummies I'm going to try them out. My surgeon says chewable for life because of how short the intestine is now there's a chance the Vitamin won't dissolve enough to absorb.

I had sleeve so it could definitely be different for different types of surgeries. I didn't even think about that. I'm sorry. I hated those chewables. Hopefully you can find a good one.

I was also told no gummies, but Flintstones were OK. I had no issues and great BW.

Different rules from different doctors.