Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is returning to work after 5 days reasonable?

I had surgery on Wed, home on Thurs and went back the following Monday for a half day, then regular from Tues on. I'm on my feet a lot in my job but can sit down in between patients.

I never had any complications from surgery and didn't need pain meds after I left the hospital, have never vomited on any foods and only had foamies once in 6 months now. So I had an easy time of it overall.

I had surgery on 4/13, and was home the next day. The first two days I was uncomfortable , but only needed Tylenol. I feel pretty good today and plan on going back to work tomorrow. I plan on taking it easy, and my two assistants are on board to baby me. I am a very high energy and was having a hard time just laying around, and getting back to work will help take my mind off the situation. Fortunately, If it gets hard, I can always pull the plug as I work for my self. My biggest fear is not working, but not eating! I really loved food, and frankly can't stop thinking about eating real food! Had a soft boiled egg this morning, and although I was ok, I should have waited, as it was a bit uncomfortable. It will be liquids for a few more days, and hopefully, work will be fine...

Like many said before everyone is different. I went back to work after 11 days. I was miserable but I made it. It was not pretty. Be careful listen to your doctor and body.

I was lucky I work in a public school and have Summers off. I had surgery in July and went back to work August 26. I think I would have needed at least two weeks off anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I would not have been able to return to work after 5 days- I had no energy. I took off 2 weeks, that was hard but I managed

I was back at work, representing my client in court 6 days post op. I had a plan for my associate to take the hearing if needed, but I was fine.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I returned to teaching 5 days after surgery. Was exhausted at the end of each day until summer break (surgery was over spring break in March) but made it!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Everyone has a different experience. I was in surgery on Friday and was back at work on the Tuesday following. I did great and my job involved a lot of walking.

I went back the following week and glad I did. Got tired at times but pressed through. Worked out great for me. Just take it easy

I took 4 weeks, but I struggled with dehydration so I came back to work this week and I've felt fantastic! I'm lucky my surgeon and my employer allowed me the time off.