Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 pounds is such a huge number. Heck it's an entire teenager! I began my journey on May 26, 2015 when I skyped with a nutritionist from BariatricPal. She set me on a path and plan for my pre-op diet and with much determination I never looked back. I still have 30 pounds to my goal weight and my plan is to make that by the end of the year. I used Dr Jesus Martin Lopez in Tijuana. My experience with them was sooo amazing. Dr Lopez is a talented surgeon and he is kind and cares about his patients. I have since recommended him multiple times and even traveled with a friend to have her surgery in February. I remember thinking when I had the surgery that I would be happy losing 75 pounds and making it below the 200 mark. Honestly any thoughts of losing 100 pounds or even making it to goal seemed impossible to me at that time. Goal weight seems possible now! Having gastric sleeve was the best tool I could have chosen for my weight loss journey. And please always remember that it is merely a tool. I am 10 months out and now consume between 1200 and 1300 calories a day. My weight loss has slowed to about 5 pounds per month. I have used the last 10 months and the new tool to develop new eating habits.....To change my mind and my attitude about food. If I were consuming the same 1300 calories in cheesecake and hamburgers I would NOT be losing weight. All calories are not created equal! I have not had a coke or Diet Coke in 11 months. Diet cokes were my weakness and much like an alcoholic I had to give them up completely. Probably three times I have had a bite or two of desert. But I have not touched candy bars. Not in the entire time!! My stats: start of pre-op diet 5-26-15; surgery date 6-15-15; high weight 268; age 52; height 5'0"; goal weight 130 pounds.

post-253559-14604758484277_thumb.jpg

Edited by maggie409

Congratulations! That extra 100 pounds was like wearing a two-month-old colt for a belt.

SparkPeople has this list of What Things Weigh:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=3421351

100 Pounds Lost!

@@maggie409

wonderful wonderful wonderful :rolleyes:

keep up the good work

i KNOW you will!!

kathy

congrats

Congratulations!! I am currently at 90 pounds lost. I'm so excited to hit the 100 pound mark plus it will put me in onderland and I seriously can't remember the last time I weighed less than 200 pounds.

Congratulations on the weight loss and changing to a more healthy lifestyle!

Thanks everyone. WLS was the best decision I could have made for my health

(Just saw this thread.)

What a great story! Love everything you said.

Your journey is so similar to mine. You sound like you've become so well educated along the way and are discovering what works well for you.

Huge congratulations to you. :)

(Just saw this thread.)

What a great story! Love everything you said.

Your journey is so similar to mine. You sound like you've become so well educated along the way and are discovering what works well for you.

Huge congratulations to you. :)

I think the part about becoming Educated is the biggest win. Thanks!