Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Name one thing people would be surprised to know about you

It occurred to me last night that I post alot in Rants and Raves, and I think maybe sometimes I come off as really serious and uptight and too politically correct. Then I got to thinking, boy, I bet the people on the board would be surprised to know this fact or that fact about me.

So, I thought it would be fun to post something about ourselves that people here on the board would be surprised to know. It can be one thing or more than one thing.

I'll start:

I love celebrity gossip and am addicted to tabloids and gossip Websites.

I love pop culture and love learning about fads in history as well as current.

I will admit that I mostly go to art movies, but I equally love really dumb mainstream comedies like Talladega Nights, Scary Movie, and I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry.

I collect anything vintage, like cookbooks from the 50's, antique clothing, and black and white photos.

Now, how about YOU?

I've been thinking about this, and it's kind of hard to answer because I haven't really thought about what people's impressions of me are, and what might surprise them.

Things that surprise people I know IRL include the fact my first serious boyfriend was 27 years older then me, that I played violin all through Jr high and high school and that I wanted to be a jockey as a kid.

That I used to be a head ((into drugs (never addicted )) and dropped them cold turkey 15 years ago when my company gave a six month warning for random drug tests.

edie

I hate tv. I watch VERY little of it. I hate all of the ads using sex to sell products. I hate all of the ads using food to get us to buy stuff. I don't have cable. If I do watch something, it is a movie. So, that is the thing that I think would suprise most people about me, is that I don't watch t.v. I don't really consider this a bad thing either!!

People IRL would be surprised that I'm taking the steps to get the band! 3 people know and I like it that way.

Lessee...

I am in lust with Orlando Bloom.

I've had 3 eating disorders in the last 17 years.

I like to chill out with my closest friends (we're all CSI junkies) and talk about murder and how to do it so you'd get away with it.

While I HATE coffee, and everyone knows it, my favorite ice cream is coffee.< /p>

I don't like diamonds.

I'm an opera singer.

I am super girly to the point that I SPA myself 3 to 4xs a week.

I am always done up- full hair/make-up even for the grocery store.

I stay up on fashion and trends and can predict what things will come into fashion MONTHS ahead.

But, I don't mind getting my hands dirty and I used to be a tomboy.

I don't think, I KNOW I'm an amazing person.

I've always wanted to be ROCK STAR!

Hmmm, I work in a professional office setting but...

I have 3 tattoos one of which just got completed and it's 10''x10'' in size and I plan on getting another one about the same size.

I was always the shy, quiet one all through school...I now have my motorcycle license,that has shocked some old school friends lol

The only thing I've ever told anyone about myself that elicited the reaction of surprise is that I'm a native New Yorker. "You can't be, you're too nice!" was the reaction. :)

Otherwise, what you see is what you get. :P

The thing that shocks most people who know my husband and I, who have now been married many years, is that I had been married twice before him!

My first husband cheated non stop---had a son with another woman several months before we were divorced.

My second husband is still in prison for my attempted murder among other charges---that was his 3rd strike. He was horribly abusive.

My current DH and I went to school together from 4th grade to graduation, so even though we had years between---we seem to people like we have ALWAYS been together----I think we should have been, sure would have saved some pain---emotional as well as physical!

Kat

I am a BIG Pink Floyd fan.

I was very wild in High School.

I was IN an abusive relationship, that luckily I was smart enough to get out of alive.

Well, here goes. I never thought I'd admit this to anyone and I'll bet I probably shouldn't be posting it now. But it's what is always lurking in the back of my mind...

Both my mother and my sister and a friend of mine all lost quite a bit of weight in the year before they got breast cancer and they subsequently all died.

There, I've said it. I guess I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that I am somewhat afraid to lose more weight. It is completely ridiculous, I know that!! Don't scold me, I can't help having this irrational thought about a relationship between rapid weight loss and breast cancer. :cry

I have a teeny hole in the roof of my mouth that I can whistle through. Born with it. No-one knew about until I mentioned it when I was 14 or so.

I was 13 when I gave my first professional psychic reading.

Darr

There, I've said it. I guess I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that I am somewhat afraid to lose more weight. It is completely ridiculous, I know that!! Don't scold me, I can't help having this irrational thought about a relationship between rapid weight loss and breast cancer. :cry

Oh Sweetie!! ;) It may be 'ridiculous', but it seems like it would be next to impossible to NOT think about it!

First of all -- that's a LOT of loss you've endured. Every time we lose someone, we come face to face with our OWN mortality. That alone is enough to make one a little shaky.

I think it would benefit you to talk to someone professional about it. Just being aware of it and taking it out could save you a lot of private anguish. And get checked regularly.

My mother had Alzheimer's and I panic every time I forget something. She was also legally blind due to macular degeneration , so I panic if my eyes get blurry. It's human nature, I think, to react to such things. Most importantly, she died from strokes brought on by her diabetes which was brought on by her obesity -- so I am being banded because I don't want to follow that path.