Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I underwent surgery on 8th. Spent 1 day in ICU, One day in hospital room and was discharged on 10th.

I am back home now doing the following activities:

1) drinking 2.5 ounces (75ml) of Clear liquids every hour or so when I'm awake.

2) Clear Liquids include Water, fresh juices (grapes, sweet lemon, watermelon, apple, pineapple), vegetable broth (filtered)

3) I get a sharp pain sometimes when I drink liquids (kind of when you get it if you've been hungry for a while and eat) Is this normal?

4) The ports used for laproscopic surgery were glued up but I see slight liquid seeping out of them. Is this normal? (No Pain, photo below)

post-288931-0-53055700-1460392360_thumb.png

Edited by Keralian

All normal. If the liquid seeping is clear you are in the good. If it stinks or has puss then it's infected.

The sharp pains from drinking is probably just from the inflammation caused by the surgery. Your super-restriction at this point does not reflect the real level of restriction once your inflammation settles down.

Thanks brother! May I also ask how I can find that weight loss ticker you have going at the bottom of your signature?

All normal. If the liquid seeping is clear you are in the good. If it stinks or has puss then it's infected.

The sharp pains from drinking is probably just from the inflammation caused by the surgery. Your super-restriction at this point does not reflect the real level of restriction once your inflammation settles down.

Go to the very top of the page. Click on your screen name and go down to "My Tickers". Then create one.

Cheers... thanks mate!

Go to the very top of the page. Click on your screen name and go down to "My Tickers". Then create one.

Do you have any pain? How about hunger? My surgery is one day away and I would like to know details please?

I had all those things still sometimes have the pain if I'm drinking ... Just have to remember to take smaller sips . Oh and I'm 2 weeks post op

There was never any pain from the incisions thanks to the excellent surgeon and the really small ports he placed with very little manipulation.

However, there is a bit of pain when I drink something or when I get incredibly hungry and the stomach makes all kinds of noises. The pain does subside after a couple of days.

Just don't drink anything other than what the doctor prescribes and in very small sips, not gulps.

Make sure you take any antacid medications that the doctor prescribes too. Try to stay away from pain killers unless it's necessary.

Do you have any pain? How about hunger? My surgery is one day away and I would like to know details please?

Edited by Keralian

I underwent surgery on 8th. Spent 1 day in ICU, One day in hospital room and was discharged on 10th.

I am back home now doing the following activities:

1) drinking 2.5 ounces (75ml) of Clear Liquids every hour or so when I'm awake.

2) Clear liquids include Water, fresh juices (grapes, sweet lemon, watermelon, apple, pineapple), vegetable broth (filtered)

3) I get a sharp pain sometimes when I drink liquids (kind of when you get it if you've been hungry for a while and eat) Is this normal?

4) The ports used for laproscopic surgery were glued up but I see slight liquid seeping out of them. Is this normal? (No Pain, photo below)

Yes drainage its normal. If the drainage its green, thick our smelly then its a problem

Sent from my LGMS631 using the BariatricPal App