Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Funny observation about clothes post-surgery

I decided to try on a pair of pants that used to be highwaters on me and was surprised that they weren't anymore. Was wondering if I had shrunk, but then I finally figured out that it's because my stomach isn't hiking up the length anymore! New York & Company has been my favorite place to shop since they were known as Lerner's. I had been heartbroken for the last couple of years when I couldn't fit anything from there anymore. Finally fit back into their sizes last month and have been to the store twice and have a couple of online orders on the way. This could be dangerous!

@@sharkgirl

We are very similar in a lot of our stats. I am 5'7 and have lost about 72lbs since my surgery in August 2015.

If you don't mind my asking what size of miss me's are you buying? I have been right around the 28's lately. I do have a pair of 30s and 29s but they are a little too big in the waist (perfect in the legs though) lol.

@@kranky813, I bought a 31 but they are big in the waist (have to wear a belt to keep them from sagging in the butt). I don't know if I could wear a 30 because of the thighs. I mentioned my thigh "issue" to my trainer and now she is obsessed with working them harder. Hopefully the pain is worth it. I am no longer losing weight but I think my clothes are getting bigger. Since my clothes are always baggy it's really hard to know. I really need to take my measurements.

@@sharkgirl

I am finding the same, but on the back side. I have a flat which has only gotten flatter so there is absolutely NOTHING to keep my pants from dragging on the ground in the back. I am 5'5" which should mean regular length pants, but my absence of butt and shorter legs, I have to buy petites now! No complaints though because for the first time in more than 10 years, they are now size 16 petites!

pam

@@mngreeneyes

I've been working with a trainer to get my butt back because it became super fat. I feel like my first 30 lbs were lost in my butt.

Clothes.

What a total and complete change of feels about them for me as well.

I hated clothes shopping in the past. Hated buying crap from Casual Male or any other big & tall store.....or bigger & taller.

Now....it's so much easier. Any store has my pants or shirts in stock.....whether it's a clothing store, a sporting goods store or even Walmart.

The new sizes are much, much cheaper than before, too. Levis, Dockers, Izod, Polo brands but at cheaper prices than I was paying at the no-brand b&t stores.

I actually enjoyed the last shopping trip I went on. This may have been the first time in history that I can say this. Unforeseen NSV.

one other thing i will tell you. if you order a dress from china (which i did by accident) an XL is apparently a size 10 there. smh. and even then it's tight! also the quality sucks. like i literally brought a whole nother change of clothes just in case this dress ripped down the middle seam. just an fyi.

You look great !!!

It's gotta feel good to wear fitted clothes again and rock 'em like you are. Well done.

@@mngreeneyes

I've been working with a trainer to get my butt back because it became super fat. I feel like my first 30 lbs were lost in my butt.

Nooooooooooooo not the butt......... :P

Just this week I was scrounging around for a shirt to wear after work, walking the dog. Well, I have had to get rid of a lot of things and I pulled out a "good tee shirt" that in the past was slightly snug, and something I would wear out to lunch with a friend.

I thought - why not wear it to walk the dog? it isn't going to fit very long anyway. How nice it was to wear something pretty just on a Tuesday night walking in the neighborhood. it's kinda too big now, but so what? at least it's not falling off yet.

clothes. this could be fun, and expensive in the future.

Edited by Christinamo7

@@mngreeneyes

Okay, what is the trainer having you do because I want at least some butt when this is all over! One of my coworkers says I have a pancake butt! :D

@@Dub thanks! im not rockin them yet but i will be soon.

13015304_10208817094881963_8012577535076

haha the skinny mirror at work. love this mirror! :P

@@mngreeneyes @@sharkgirl OMG i hear you! i've been working out hard for most of my loss but my butt is not what it used to be. yes still big but not as high and tight as i would like so i'm like squat squat squat!!!

Ah, clothes. I've never been a girly girl fashionista type; 95% of my wardrobe is jeans and t shirts. My work clothes are scrubs, no real choice there. Growing up, I always hated that I couldn't fit into my cousin's stylish hand-me-downs, man she had GREAT clothes! But she was trim and athletic, whereas I was a baby whale. I'm pre-op, but believe you me when I start really slimming down, I will be taking a couple more fashionally-skilled friends and giving my wardrobe a shot in the arm! :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@pr_pitbullgrl

Squats and princess lunges are helping. My butt is finally starting to take some shape and looks pretty damn good when my jeans fit. I bought one of those bender balls for squats, you squeeze it between your thighs (right above your knees) while you are doing your squats to work your inner thighs. Yoga has been helping a lot too because apparently being a flamingo builds up the gluts.

Oh my god, I just realized that I'm going to be able to shop at Anthropologie eventually!!!!! (Even if it is just the clearance section!)

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved 5 months ago and have lost 70 pounds so far, going from a "tight" 18 to a 10 in 5 months!! I shop almost exclusively at thrift shops because I am losing weight so fast I can't justify the retail purchases (that will come later...when I am at goal). I am finding all kinds of great brands and I am having the best time and feel good about not breaking the bank!!

Edited by sixtus6

I bought capris and shorts 4 weeks ago on sake for our March cruise. They are size 16 and I was thrilled because I was in 24W.

I tried them on this week to see how they fit -- mind you, they were really tight when I bought them. Well, now they are already looking baggy and we aren't cruising for 3 1/2 months! Today I just picked up a size 14 pair of white denim capris and they fit but are tight. I'm crossing my fingers they still fit by our cruise, but I can't predict anything anymore. And, I'm not complaining

Sizes are a nightmare. I am really struggling with clothes right now. I have to look pretty nice at my job so I have to devote wardrobe money to keeping up with well fitting nice work clothes. Which means my weekend and party clothes suffer, which is really bumming me out.

I ordered a pair of Joe's size 29 jeans that fit perfect but I'm thinking I'll return them for the 28 because for over $100 I should get at least a month out of a pair of jeans.

I also want a new winter coat for this year- but seems silly since it will hopefully be too big next winter.

I have no idea how much more my sizes will change and go down so it's really a waiting game. I know when I am closer to goal/maintenance the size difference will be negligible so I'll deal when I get there.