Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What NSV do you hope for post op?

Not having to think about my diabetes and being able to keep up with my active granddaughter. I hope to have more energy in my life for all things, and the final is to shop in all of the ladies departments and maybe buy some good clearance items and not just junk!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

-Shopping for normal size clothes

-Having more energy to be able to do more with my son

-Not hating the image I see looking back at me in the mirror

-Not doing the walk of shame again off of a ride at Cedar Point

-Being a healthier version of myself

-Being able to run

-Not feeling horrified when guys won't look me in the eye/are embarrased when they talk to me because of the way I look (this has happened a lot)

-Finally being comfortable in my own skin

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

I just want to be comfortable in my own skin, and learn to love myself, with that everything will get better. One day at a time????

HW#287 CW#284

I just want to be comfortable in my own skin, and learn to love myself, with that everything will get better. One day at a time????

HW#287 CW#284 Surgury 9/29

HW#287 CW#284

1. Skinny jeans

2. Wearing my belts again

3. Riding roller coasters

4. Being in my son's wedding pics next year and not feeling embarrassed

5. Being the woman who looks good again

6. Being healthy enough to live a long life of QUALITY living

7. Being able to open my closet and wear anything in it

8. My stomach no longer resting on my lap

9. Being me again

Thank you for this thread! I start my preop diet Wednesday and I'm starting to feel very anxious. This helps so much!

Edited by Ragdollorchid

I want to be able to run an entire 5k as opposed to walk walk walk run......walk walk walk run. I want to comfortably cross my legs.....BOTH legs..... and not have to hold them. I want to squat down and be able to stand back up without floundering to try to stand back up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

• Not shopping in the Plus size section any more

Fitting in 1 airplane seat and not needing a seat belt extender

Not worrying about fitting in chairs, seats, places

Riding roller coasters

Visiting Harry Potter World in Florida and being able to go on the rides.

Crossing my legs

Wearing dresses that don't make me look like a balloon

Being able to get off the floor without contorting or flopping around

Sit indian style comfortably

Run in a 5k

I hate roller coasters, I get very sick, but I just rode the Manta at SeaWorld yesterday because it was my sons birthday weekend and he wanted to ride. Guess what? I kinda rode it because I COULD!!! I fit damnit and I was gonna ride, even if I puked afterwards!!! NSV

So, here I am, just a few days shy of 9 months post-op. Some of my favorite NSVs have been a surprise to me. Here are my favorites:

1. Having to buy new shoes. Who knew your feet would shrink.

2. Running a 12 minute mile. I hate running, but I had to try...just because I could now run.

3. Not having to expend mental energy every time I go to sit, stand, bend over, or any other physical activity I used to have to think about before doing it.

4. Being told by my Primary Care doctor that she didn't need to see me every 4 months any more, but just twice a year as I am now considered to be a healthy person with no issues.

5. Having a group of Firemen flirt with me in the grocery store. I looked behind me, because I was certain they were talking to someone over my shoulder. =) Seriously, at 50 this is quite the NSV.

6. sleeping through the night and waking up with energy.

Loving my sleeve and so glad I had the surgery.

I am anxiously waiting for my final insurance approval and surgery date. As I've been waiting, I've been thinking a lot about this topic. My top NSVs are:

1. Be able to get through my yoga class without having to modify the poses because my body is too big to get into the proper position.

2. Recognize myself in the mirror. Today, I avoid them because I don't recognize the person staring back at me as "me." It's so uncomfortable when your insides don't match the outside.

3. Be able to cover myself in a standard sized towel rather than a bath sheet. I travel a lot and hotel towels are never big enough!

4. Enjoy (or at least not dread) having my picture taken. I regret that I have so few pictures of myself and my kids when they were small.

5. Not dread going to school and my kids' sporting events for fear of being the biggest mom there (most other moms in my area are pretty fit).

6. Not having to shop in the plus-sized section or order everything online because the clothing stores I like don't carry my size in-store.

Painting my own toenails without feeling like I'm going into cardiac arrest and not having to put antiperspirant in places where you're not supposed to have to put antiperspirant. Also, wearing pretty clothes again.

Oh...and collarbones!

@@liposuction68 I have size 12's I'm holding on to for 7/8 years strong lol hoping to fit into them again next year and make my way down to an 8/10!! The road to victory is ours!

What's funny is that when you actually get down to that goal, you'll want new pants, not the 8 year old pants lol

Running

Running faster than my little kids

Looking the mirror and seeing me as I think I am

Running into old friends and have them think about something other than my weight and me too

Swimming with my kids and having fun

Not having my body hurt so much when sitting on the floor

Knee pain

Getting my crazy blood pressure under control

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App