Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My doctor told me to wait 3 days before using my CPAP (I think). How long did you guys wait before going back to your CPAP.

I got the sleeve.

For me the CPAP is amazing and I want to get back on it.

Thanks

I used my CPAP the night of surgery, and have since. Never was instructed to do otherwise.

They put mine on me in the recovery room.

They told me to take mine with me to the hospital - was never instructed to not use it.

I wonder why they told you not to use it???

They told me to take mine with me to the hospital - was never instructed to not use it.

I wonder why they told you not to use it???

No idea but my doctor told me to wait 3 days.

Same here. In fact, it was mandatory.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had to bring mine to the recovery room and could not skip a night with it for two weeks post-op, really weird you were told otherwise.

Wow my doc told me it was mandatory to bring it to the hospital or I would not get my surgery. I don't think you should be off of it if you have bad sleep apnea.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using the BariatricPal App

Wow my doc told me it was mandatory to bring it to the hospital or I would not get my surgery. I don't think you should be off of it if you have bad sleep apnea.....

Same here. Mandatory.

Just got an email from my doctor's NP. They say no CPAP for 3 weeks. I'll find out why and my post op

3 weeks!!! Holy hell!!! I can't even nap without mine let alone go days or weeks. I'm so sorry and yes please post their reasons because I feel like that is insane

This doesn't make any sense, I had to have mine to avoid having pulmonary problems. My surgeon made it very clear I even had to bring it to the recovery room.

I have severe sleep apnea and I was told to bring it with me to hospital. When I was waking up in the recovery room the alarm kept going off and they kept telling me to breath because I stopped breathing a lot. I told them that I needed my cpap and once they got it on me I was fine.

I was told not to use for at least 2 weeks after surgery, although I did have to bring with me to the hospital. I have been extremely tired and I am 3 weeks post-op. I called the surgeon's office today, but did not get a real answer on whether I could use now or not. May just try it tonight to see if it helps.