Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So frustrated with waiting for surgery

I completed my insurance requirements in mid Febr but had to wait for some additional tests to determine if a sleeve was an option for me (I'm okay with either sleeve or bypass but my surgeon wanted more info to make a recommendation). I wasn't able to get the tests done until close to the end of March due to the Drs busy schedule and have been counting the days until his first available follow up appt for the results. It was a phone appt and he never called! I tried calling him after waiting for twenty minutes past the scheduled time and got a recording. I'm so sad, angry, frustrated and discouraged I feel like screaming. Part of me is thinking maybe it isn't meant to be. Thanks for letting me vent.

Ahhh insurance work with them everyday ! Hoping they get everything settled with you! My process to exactly 3 months! My consult was feb 12th all my testing was on March 10. Surg is may 12th. This process is mentally draining !

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hang in there and don't give up. Your long term health should not be dictated by others even if they are not doing what they should like calling you appropriately. Just keep on trying to get answers and going through the process. YOU ARE WORTH IT. Good luck.

Its alway a struggle. But hang in there, it is worth it.

I completed my insurance requirements in mid Febr but had to wait for some additional tests to determine if a sleeve was an option for me (I'm okay with either sleeve or bypass but my surgeon wanted more info to make a recommendation). I wasn't able to get the tests done until close to the end of March due to the Drs busy schedule and have been counting the days until his first available follow up appt for the results. It was a phone appt and he never called! I tried calling him after waiting for twenty minutes past the scheduled time and got a recording. I'm so sad, angry, frustrated and discouraged I feel like screaming. Part of me is thinking maybe it isn't meant to be. Thanks for letting me vent.

I am so sorry that you are experiencing this frustration and aggravation.

The pre-op process is great opportunity to practice polite persistence, patience, and perseverance.

It will be worth it in the end

Thanks all - I'm feeling much better this morning. I guess I need to focus on each day and remember surgery isn't the goal, weight loss is.

@@j16 hang in there your time will eventually come just take this time to mentally prepare for all the life changes that need to made and make sure to do add much research as possible about both procedures after all the Doctor makes a suggestion but in the end is your body so the decision should be ultimately yours. I made the mistake of letting my surgeon choose my procedure and things didn't go so well because of other factors the Doctor never discussed with therefore ended up having to have a revision surgery anyway...... So be patient my friend and good luck on your journey

Welcome to CANADA!!! lol- Actually I'm in ONtario - which from what I've read is probably the best province. Some have 3 to 5 year waits!! I was referred by my dr. in February and have my orientation on April 18th. From that date, I then have approximately 6-12 months before my surgery.... On the bright side, from what I've read - most people are covered to have the surgery.

Good luck! I hope it goes quickly for you from here on out.

I think this is one of the most difficult parts of the process! Do they have an online patient portal? I find the doctors respond more quickly to me when I reach out that way,

Thanks all. I finally reached the doctor and found out there is evidence of some damage from acid reflex so it looks like Gastric Bypass is the route for me.

Thanks all. I finally reached the doctor and found out there is evidence of some damage from acid reflex so it looks like Gastric Bypass is the route for me.

That's the best option acid reflux is the reason for my revision...

Sent from my LG-D850 using the BariatricPal App

it's good to know for sure. I know that people with reflux tend to be very happy with the bypass and I pray it will be the same for you.