Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting the sleeve has been the biggest regret of my life. I wish i could warn everyone and I will. If you want the new normal to be throwing up all the time and being sick then this is the choice for you. I am so mad at myself for not having enough self control to just stop eating so much and to just work out. Im 3 weeks post op and i just am so mad at myself, the insurance company and everyone. Yes you lose weight but at what cost?

Kindest regards, phuckyourtruth

It will get better. Just pray on it. I know you are feeling sad and angry right now. Have you told your doctor about your vomiting? What has he/she said?

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this! You're throwing up all the time? What does the surgeon say about this? Is there something they can prescribe short term or is it the liquids not agreeing with you??

I haven't had the surgery yet so I'm definitely all ears and listening to your story.

I truly hope that everything gets better for you and you are okay soon!

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Thanks for the support yes i saw my dr today and he said i have no complications and im doing good but i feel miserable it may be a phase but i am on purée stage so only baby food and liquids but i have been throwing up every single morning and my dr said thats normal just take nausea meds but i have done that and still cant keep enough liquids down. I talked to one of my friends Who had the surgery and NOW she tells me she is sick everyday no matter what and always has stomach issues. She then took off her wig and showed me all the bald Patches from hair loss due to not getting Protein in. I wish she would have been more honest with me before surgery about her complications rather than just coming over every week slimmer and acting happy when she is not. I was furious. I just need to get through this. I need some support possible idk

I am 2 weeks post op...its been a struggle... Esp since eating two little meat balls takes 35 minutes min..i did not want the surgery but happy now i did. All my heath conditions are gone!! I have to trust all the veterans out there that say it will get better and i trust myself cause day 1-2 i was so mad at myself too...but guess what today was better then the first two days...

As for feeling sick and dizzy checking dumping syndrome... Revert back...monitor what your eating and drinking make start new tolerances they never had and could be an issue like things with milk products in it...thats the most common i heard of...hang in their hun!!

I am sorry you're having such a rough go of it.

I am 7 weeks out and have not had nausea or vomiting. I sure hope yours resolves. and quickly because then I think you'll be real happy.

I did go through a period of *what have I DONE?* feelings - and then a real angry week between 4-5 that I think was hormones. I am learning to count to 1000 so that I don't react in an inappropriate way - because I know I'm not my normal self.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I had a rough first couple weeks, but I'm keeping down food now and am feeling much better. No regrets. I don't care what your Dr. says, vomiting every morning is NOT normal.

I have read that some people have more restriction in the mornings. I notice this myself, so I have a Protein drink at Breakfast. Solids do much better for me later in the day. Keep trying, it does get better.

Edited by 2goldengirl

Regret is normal at your stage. You feel terrible, you can't eat normal food, and you're trying to learn a new way of life. I think if people DIDN'T have some regret during those first few weeks, I would be surprised.

Work on portioning your food instead of winging it. Sounds like you are eating too much and it's causing you to throw up. Take it easy and slow. It takes time to re learn how to eat.

Not everyone loses hair to where they are bald or have bald Patches. That's not the norm, so don't let it scare you.

You will feel differently a few months from now.

You will feel differently a year from now.

It's not always going to be this way. It gets easier and easier. Always remember that what is now is not the way it will be down the road. Hang in there.

Though I am ever so sorry that you feeling lousy, I want to thank you for your post.

I believe that it is extremely important that newbies--especially pre op posters hear that WLS is not for everyone and is no easy bed of roses.

The weight loss is wonderful. Shopping for new and smaller clothes is exciting. Dating after years of abstinence is an exhilarating ego boost. However, the journey is pitted with pot holes and hardship bumps for some--physically and mentally.

If your post makes even one pre op reader really stop and think, research more diligently, and consider not only the good outcomes, but the sacrifices too, then your post has extreme merit and I for one, thank YOU.

Try to calm yourself. Take a deep breath. Try not to overwhelm yourself. At a slower pace, take one step--one hour at a time. Work with your new body. Don't fight against it. That will take practice and patience.

Prayers going up for you.

It will get better. I promise.

Thank you, friend,

Valentina

Omg thank you for every response i am so grateful for this forum and outlet and Valentina thats exactly why i posted. I wish you all so much love and the best. I know i will feel differently in a month from now. Im very blessed for each and every response to my mini breakdown earlier.

I had sleeve 19 months ago and have only thrown up one time. So it's definitely NOT normal to be throwing up every day. As for regrets, even without throwing up, I had a period of "buyer's remorse" as most people do. The early weeks are rough, but it does get better and better.

I just had a mini melt down myself! I once loved food and now I hate it (I'm at the purée stage). I felt today like "I WANT OUT". I cried so hard my eyes swole up. This is not just a physical change but a mental change. This forum is truly what people need. I cried and than clicked on my bariatric app. It's not easy but I'm sure we will all get there.

"In the end we only regret the chances that we didn't take."

The first couple of months your hormones are going crazy from loosing weight and just the traumatic effect of the surgery. I'm sure you many of your feelings will stem from this. I was one of the really lucky ones in that I had no nausea post op and only threw up twice, both times early, and a result of eating too much. I hope you get to this stage soon. Once you can have regular food again it does get much better. I'm almost 6 mos out and so far have had no hair loss. Hopefully I will be able to say that at a year out.

Hang in there, it does get better. It is good for everyone to know pre op what the possible complications can be, and be comfortable with their decision to proceed. IMO it is totally worth it. Everyone has to decide for themselves if the complications are worth the risk.

Reading your post brought back soo many memories but I had to smile and say all those feelings are so worth it once you get through it.

I am 8 months post op and it was rough all the way up until 8 weeks post op and to be honest the eating started becoming painless very recently. Maybe in the last two months. I do agree with others, the hormones at that stage are out of control and the fact that you now don't have food as a comfort anymore was such a reality check. You have to relearn everything and build an entire new relationship to food.

But if I can give you any advice is to not look to your friend or anyone for your own journey. If you take your Vitamins and Protein to the best of your ability you don't know what result you will have. Your success is not built on someone else's. The fact that you've made it to be one of the post op people gives you opportunity to build a new entirely different life. I know most people in this forum are soo happy including myself. Being down 95lbs is not even the thing I'm most happy about when I look in the mirror and see my results from sculpting my new body with the tool I have been given, a second chance, I could cry all over again. And that feeling alone is sooo worth it!

In a few months you're going to look back and you're going to laugh and hopefully have formed a new relationship to food and found a multitude of others things you now enjoy instead of eating your "favorite foods"....feel better!

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App